Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

cv advice

Options
  • 07-02-2012 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm at a loss as what to do with my cv....long story short but after I finished college I was taken on by a company, initially I loved it I was learning lots and putting what I learned in college to work however I was over worked and underpaid and carried a couple of others in my department, so I ended up leaving. It was on good terms and I never once said I was leaving due to crap pay and lazy work mates.

A few years later I had moved up the ladder in my chosen field and I received a call for the manager of the company mentioned above asking to meet for coffee. Just to point out this was not unusual as I did stay in contact with her and I would class her a friend as well as an old work colleague.

Anyway met her and she told me that she was looking to retire and wanted to know if I would be interested in filling her position and if so she would set up a meeting with the owner/MD of the company. So I ended up going to speak to him and tbh the remuneration was really great and I was confident that I could do the job. Eventually I started back there.

BIG MISTAKE the money I had agreed got cut by 30% over 5 mths, the job I agreed to do ended up getting merged with a number of other roles after they where let go and I was managing a department of 4 which got reduced to two and was just not workable

Ended up dying under the work load wasnt enough hours in the day to get the work done and when I spoke up I was shouted down when I was falling asleep at my desk I was told to work harder No overtime No help and was blamed for accounts that were wrong from over the years when I was not there.

After months of this I was signed off sick had a bad falling out with MD and other managers for not doing their jobs correctly which meant I could not do mine and I had no time to fix or do their accounts for them but was told I had to

I'm babbling sorry So now I'm at a loss as to what to do with my cv in total I worked for that company for 3years and I dont know what to do how can I leave big blanks on my cv, they had no HR department but did hire a HR company after I made a complaint of bullying but we all know HR is on the side of the employer not employee

So what do I do I feel they have ruined my career

Advertisement