New build for school/gaming - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-07-2012, 13:23   #16
Jazzkamiden

Grand. I'll just go with the AMD so. It looks like my search is just about over anyway Here are my final parts
Motherboard
Case
Hard Drive
CPU
Power Supply
Memory
Graphics Card
Card Reader
Disc Drive
Wi-Fi Card
Webcam/Mic
Keyboard/Mouse

Last thing is just the monitor. I could add in an extra €30-€40 (by selling some stuff) could get me a 1920x1080 pixel monitor which would be much better. I'll go searching for one myself, but do they all come with the cables (VGA connector I think they're called) that connect them to the main part of the computer?
Advertisement
19-07-2012, 13:52   #17
Eboggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzkamiden View Post
Grand. I'll just go with the AMD so. It looks like my search is just about over anyway Here are my final parts
Motherboard
Case
Hard Drive
CPU
Power Supply
Memory
Graphics Card
Card Reader
Disc Drive
Wi-Fi Card
Webcam/Mic
Keyboard/Mouse

Last thing is just the monitor. I could add in an extra €30-€40 (by selling some stuff) could get me a 1920x1080 pixel monitor which would be much better. I'll go searching for one myself, but do they all come with the cables (VGA connector I think they're called) that connect them to the main part of the computer?
1080p would be hell on your graphics card + CPU, as they're not exactly gaming grade goods. Best I could do considering the budget, and the fact that you need all the peripherals.

If you can stretch, it might be more beneficial to get a G860 and a 6770/7750.
19-07-2012, 14:18   #18
Procrastastudy
Closed Account

I think that Wifi card is getting a lot of flack from people finding they have to bend it into shape to fit properly.
19-07-2012, 15:11   #19
Jazzkamiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eboggles View Post
1080p would be hell on your graphics card + CPU, as they're not exactly gaming grade goods. Best I could do considering the budget, and the fact that you need all the peripherals.

If you can stretch, it might be more beneficial to get a G860 and a 6770/7750.
I'll try stretch, but it'll be over another €100 at the cheapest. Don't think it'll be happening though. Would buying the CPU and Graphics card you mentioned without the monitor improve the computer much anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCDLawstudent View Post
I think that Wifi card is getting a lot of flack from people finding they have to bend it into shape to fit properly.
What other one would you recommend then?

Last edited by Jazzkamiden; 19-07-2012 at 15:15.
19-07-2012, 15:13   #20
Eboggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzkamiden View Post
I'll try stretch, but it'll be over another €100 at the cheapest. Don't think it'll be happening though. Would buying the CPU and Graphics card you mentioned without the monitor improve the computer much anyway?
Not really but It'd be pretty hard to play new games at 1080p on them. 1366x768 would be ok though.
Advertisement
19-07-2012, 15:19   #21
Jazzkamiden

I might just leave it out then. Like I said, I won't be playing many powerful games on it and I think 1366x768 would look good enough for me anyway.
19-07-2012, 22:39   #22
Procrastastudy
Closed Account

If you don't mind buying second hand there are some very cheap monitors on adverts.ie

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion