Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Fanta Orange changed?

• 09-01-2007 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭

I had a fanta recently, for the first time in ages, and it tasted completely different to how I remembered. Is it just me, or did they change the recipe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

They did indeed, Fanta and Lilt are just pale comparisons of what they used to be. Fanta used to be similar to club orange. I heard they had changed it as some of the ingredients they used in the original formula were outlawed or defintly not reccomended these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

ye i tasted it today for the first time in ages and it tasted like a cheap dunnes stores own brand orange or country spring

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

The Fanta you get in those 500ml plastic bottles tastes much worse than Fanta from a can or from a dispenser (Eddie Rockets).

I remember Lilt being a hell of a lot more fizzier when I was a kid. They also use Asparatame (artificial sweetner used in 'diet' drinks) in regular Lilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Both of these drinks have been bugging me for a long time. They were both stallworths in my house and I used to enjoy quaffin on either. Then they suddenly began to taste manky. As someone pointed out, Fanta began tasting like country spring, and Lilt does indeed taste like a diet drink.

I wish that all that they would bring back older recipes and place warnings on them for those of us who are willing to ride rough shot with our health.

I think Finches has also suffered an overhaul. There is a lot less bits in their bottles these days and the taste of both their Orange and Rock Shandy flavour drinks has gone very country spring. I notice they have been selling their 2 litres for €1 for quite some time, so maybe they have cheaped out on the ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I've found Fanta now tastes too fizzy and not orangey enough (does that make sense:confused: ).

I miss Club Orange here in England and am always sure to buy a can at the airport when I land. It's definitely the winner these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I miss the little bits that used to be in Fanta like Club Orange did. Indeed, far too much fizz in Fanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

you cannot beat a bottle of 750ml club orange (the 25% free 500ml one).

It has the orangey taste, less fizz...it's the real deal.

fanta is basically orange fizz now :rolleyes:

lilt is too watery.

why is club orange and fanta different (and better imo) in restaurants on tap?

imo, there is too much gas in all 500ml bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

Club is still definitely up there on top, among the best in the world I would say.

Fanta is a poor alternative.

...and Finches!? - I asked for a "Club Orange", if I had wanted the devils p!sswater I would have said so! -WTF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Finches is pretty bad alright, too bloody sharp, like swallowing a razor blade (or what I think swallowing a razor blade would feel like.) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

r3nu4l wrote:
    I miss Club Orange here in England and am always sure to buy a can at the airport when I land. It's definitely the winner these days.
    All Pads miss it when in the UK for some reason. A can of Club Orange and a packet of Tayto consumed on the British mainland is enough to make the toughest Paddy cry!

I could make a fortune bootlegging it over and bringing back cans of 'V' to the ROI in return.

Check out Diet Club Orange...tastes almost the same as the full-fat version.

I love the cheeky way Finches tries to market itself as being almost 'healthy' when it's got about 1.5 times the calories of Coke and the same amount of colourings and sweeteners.

As for Fanta? What do you expect, being as it is a product of the German Third Reich!...

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/fanta.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

smemon wrote:
    you cannot beat a bottle of 750ml club orange (the 25% free 500ml one).

comicguypointlv7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Eh...would this be fanta in the uk or back in Ireland? I've always noticed a difference between the two (and not just the scarcity of colouring in the uk version). Sad to hear the demise of Lilt though, used to be a staple of mine

I can't believe nobody likes finches here, its not too bad IMO, not as good as club but far better than fanta. Still to my mind nothing compares to a chilled can of [Club rock shandy]* on a hot summers day.

*On occasions when Jimoslimos is not the designated driver please insert Bulmers

Advertisement