Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Achievement Wh0res?

• 03-11-2014 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering with WoD coming up has anybody been achievement whoring until it comes out?

I've been working on a lot of reputation for ages. Only Anglers/Emps/Dominance Offensive/Shado Pan Assault left in MoP.

Also been farming old Cata dungeons for rep/soloable achievements.

I really need to do Ulduar, have a mountain of them left but I just hate the raid, especially the 1st boss.

So is anybody else achievement whoring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Pretty much everyone is til WoD's out... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Shaoshao and celestials ( was killing guards) are the last I need . I run most major raids that drop mounts weekly.

Also hoping to do lore master. As I hav a few to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Calhoun wrote: »
    Shaoshao and celestials ( was killing guards) are the last I need . I run most major raids that drop mounts weekly.

Shao as in the rep mate? Need that myself:(

Shao as in the rep mate? Need that myself:(

Yah it's the sheer boredom stopping me finish that and I am leveling lw for the new mount.

I can farm fast due to Ilvl but it's boring as hell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Calhoun wrote: »
    Yah it's the sheer boredom stopping me finish that and I am leveling lw for the new mount.

I can farm fast due to Ilvl but it's boring as hell

Aye my retri ia on 525 Ilevel where as holy is 558 so I usually just join a group and heal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'm only10k achievement points myself. I tend to focus on the ones that give titles or mounts. My favourite is probably my Herald of the Titans Feat of Strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

There's a great addon (which is outdated at the mo) called OverAchiever that will suggest addons you can complete depending on the area you're in. It also allows you to create a quick-view list for achievements you're working on so it's easy to navigate to to check progress.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/overachiever

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've been doing some of the dungeon ones, but mainly just because i've been getting some transmog gear. Not really bothered with most of them to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Achievements have been on thing I've never bothered with . I did the Halloween ones just cause I wanted the title, but never actively gone out of my way to earn them.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Achievements have been on thing I've never bothered with . I did the Halloween ones just cause I wanted the title, but never actively gone out of my way to earn them.

I used to be like this also but my problem was i had way to many chars and it can be pretty meaningless when you switch between chars allot.

When i finally started to pick just two chars one of them to be my dps main i started doing them and had allot of fun at it. Combined with that the mounts you can get from them its also pretty cool.

It is a testament to the game that there is so much depth and thing to do in it outside of traditional modes of play. It keeps me busy allot of the time but is always allot of fun.

My current activities are, farming bloodcoins for that mount, finish off shaoshao rep, finish leveling LW for the new mount in WOD and start archeology for the bug mount.

Advertisement