Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fuzz Factory

• 26-12-2004 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭

Has anybody any experience with a Z.Vex Fuzz Factory. Is it worth upgrading from my ds-1? I really like the Matt Bellamy fuzz sound and i found a guy in Ireland selling one for 150ono.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'd go for it if I hadn't just gotten my Big Muff. His stuff is super high quality. Check out some of the reviews on HarmonyCentral. They're really encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

yeah, cant go wrong for that price. they go for £220sterling+ usually. although they are a bit uncontrollable, ive heard the highpitched squealing/pitchshifting/synthlike stuff can be unusable and annoying

Oh, and how do you find your new pedals. I got a new wah, pedal tuner and the new line 6 echopark delay. the delay is awesome

Would you believe the guitar crapped out. I was using them for a while, and they're great, especially the Big Muff, but when I came back later to use them everything was grand, the chain was grand, but the damn guitar wasn't doing anything. So I have to get it repaired. That said, the Big Muff makes some interesting noises with my bass. :)

That sucks about the guitar. ive heard that chris from muse used a russian big muff for his distorted bass live on the origin of symmetry tour

• Advertisement

check the cables, the pots and output on your guitar. open it up and have a look around for loose wires/connections. whats your pedalboard setup now?
    After christmas, mine is....
    Ibanez rg370 > fender pt-10 pedal tuner > cheapo proel wah > boss ds1 > small stone phaser > bespeco volume pedal > line 6 echo park > danelectro eq > Marshall mg100dfx.
    I'm really happy with my setup.

Yeah, I'm going to do that anyway to see if I can fix the problem and save myself the trip to Musician.

The rig is currently: RG270DX -> Big Muff NYC RI -> MXR Phase 100 -> BOSS CS-2 -> BOSS NS-2 -> Marshall G30RCD

Next on the list is either a new, better guitar, a new amp or a Dunlop 535Q. I want to sell my MG15CD too.

Nice, i say go for a decent amp next. i'd love to try a phase 100 even though the small stone is the sweetest pedal ive ever played

You can try mine sometime. Yay. Guitar fixed. There was nothing loose or anything but after I checked it I gave it another try and there wasn't a bother. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I absolutely adore the Fuzz Factory. When I can afford one I'm going to get one without hesitation.

I really like the randomness of this pedal and all the glory of its uncontrollable squealing. I think every fuzz pedal should be like this one.

I'm actually tempted to get the Fuzz Probe version of it. Sounds like a hell of a lot more fun.

But I advise you not to get it, because I'll be jealous!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

big muffs rock

Yeah, fuzzy heaven. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭HusseinSarhan

New Vexter Series Fuzz Factory:

zvexvff.jpg

They dont have the fancy paint job thats why they cost only: €120 (+shipping). You also get an LED to show if its on or off and a place to use an adapter, something you cant do on the origional. They are identical in every other way. These are better in my opinion than the standard Fuzz Factory. Its actually capable of some really nice moderate sounds. The FF has got this reputation of being JUST CRAZY ALL THE TIME. It can get very crazy but it does some brilliant tame sounds as well. By the way, for the origional poster, the fuzz factory is actually built in to one of Matt Belemy's guitars so you will get that fuzz sound perfectly (obviously depending on your amp and guitar too).

Read more here

Its not very much like a DS-1 really at all... I'd say one of these is closer to the sound of a DS1 except infintely better in every way.

Fulltone Distortion Pro:

img1041639904.jpeg

Much much more expensive though.

P.S. A Fuzz Factory for €150 in the buy and sell is a good deal. I'd go for it if I was in the market for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Christ! I've been totally unaware of this Vexter model! I'll be getting one of those as soon as they're back in stock! €120 is a bargain!

Do they make screen-pronted versions of any of the otehr pedals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭HusseinSarhan

No they do not at this time.

Advertisement