Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Appeal against ban.

Options
  • 14-12-2014 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭

I have been banned from the motorbike forum for pointing out a racisit post.

The post is probably more Xenophobic, but that falls under racism.

I PMed the mod who banned me, and he said that his decision is final.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there.

Can you please forward me the PM conversation between you & the banning mod & I will take a look at this for you.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Lets start with this post:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Its getting like South Africa all over the place.....we should have marshal law and everyone stock up on a double barrel shotties!

It is xenophobic in my opinion.

The poster seems to have an intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from South Africa.
    Why would this poster imply that there is marshal law in South Africa?
    Why whould they imply that everyone in South Africa has a gun?

Why does this poster seem to think that here (Ireland) is superior to South Africa?

This forum is for dealing with your actions that resulted in your ban. Not the actions of others.

Firstly, I wish to point out that you are being disingenuous by saying that you were banned "for pointing out a racisit post."

While you had reported the post several times, the mods reviewed it & decided that no action was warranted. You decided then to have a go at the poster on-thread which was (a) off-topic & (b) back-seat modding.

I am aware that there is a history of some antagonism between you & this poster which is disruptive to the forum in general. You have been warned previously that the continued niggling is not acceptable.

In the meantime I am awaiting further feedback in relation to the ban duration. I will come back to you later on this.

I have discussed this with the banning mod & I propose that as this is the first official mod action against you that the ban be lifted & replaced with an infraction.

However, I need you to understand the seriousness of the ongoing animosity between you & the other poster & the disruption it causes. Should this continue the ban may be reinstated. The 'Ignore' function is your friend in such circumstances.

Please indicate if this is acceptable to you or if you wish to appeal to an Admin.

tHB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

That is acceptable.

Thanks. I will request that this appeal be marked as resolved.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement