The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread) - Page 441 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-12-2014, 20:25   #6601
angeldaisy

Just got a nasty nip from Elly, she caught me right on that tender inner part of my arm:'(

Got called a few choice names believe me!

Glad I finish up tomorrow for a fortnight - intensive clicker training me thinks!!!!
Advertisement
18-12-2014, 21:13   #6602
tk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeldaisy View Post
Glad I finish up tomorrow for a fortnight
Same here and I'm beside myself lol!! I do like my job but the thought of having to do nothing for 2 weeks!!!

btw the dogs are now visible from space :

Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 21.30.40.png (128.9 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by tk123; 18-12-2014 at 21:31.
18-12-2014, 23:02   #6603
Zapperzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk123 View Post
edited to add - I worked in (an outsourced) call center for one one of the utilities and got it all - didn't want to talk to somebody with a Dublin accent, woman who wouldn't deal with me because she only wanted to talk to a man, "I'm a doctor and my new baby will die because we've not heating tonight" when there was no available repair slots etc etc etc
I'd always be nice to call center people but christ vodafone drove me up the wall today, 45+ minutes and countless phonecalls to get past the robots, eventually they must have copped my multiple phonecalls and patched me through to a human. When I explained my simple query my answer was 'haha your answer would be no, but il put you on hold while I ask my colleague to make sure', no joke she actually laughed at me. It took a lot to be pleasant with her but I put it down to a language barrier. I can well imagine the abuse call center staff must have to put up with at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk123 View Post
an awful trip to the vets for Bailey's bloods. The vet was called out of the room as we were if sines and didn't come back, next a nurse came in apologising because a dog had been hit by a car. As I was paying I could hear somebody in the other room roaring and crying shouting 'NO NO NO!!' Heartbroken thinking of them
How awful
Yesterday, 19:17   #6604
tk123

2 WEEKS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 20:56   #6605
toadfly

Oh how I envy people that get two weeks off for Xmas, I get a Mac of four days. This will be my first year in 7 years getting Xmas eve off so that's something I guess!
Advertisement
Yesterday, 20:57   #6606
VonVix

Eeep. I'm working Christmas day myself!
Yesterday, 20:57   #6607
toadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonVix View Post
Eeep. I'm working Christmas day myself!
Ok you win! That truly sucks.
Yesterday, 21:05   #6608
tk123

I saved some of my leave for xmas. I worked it for about 10 years so take it off now if I can
Yesterday, 21:11   #6609
VonVix

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadfly View Post
Ok you win! That truly sucks.
It's not so bad! At least I finally got a job LOL.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 21:22   #6610
honerbright

In leaving for Tipperary Christmas eve night, but have to come back Christmas day because I'm working at 6 am st Stephens day. I'm the only one traveling out of my team and others got it off, it's really annoying
Yesterday, 22:21   #6611
SillyMangoX

I was called into work this morning, I thought I had the day off so was up till 4am watching movies and playing board games with my family. So needless to say when I got home I was very tired and went for a nap. When I woke up from the nap, I was spooning Dude. He crawled over me and into my arms so I could hug him while I slept, and cream crawled into the crooke behind my knees to sleep. I fell asleep cat less and woke up feeling loved
(4) thanks from:
Yesterday, 22:56   #6612
26sdrawkcab

5 days of our christmas leave comes out of our annual leave, the rest of the days are public or bank holidays. I'd love to take more time but it'd just leave so little to be spread over the rest of the year.
I finish work on Monday evening, my husband on Tuesday evening (but he's on call for Christmas until he goes back to normal work on 2nd January) and I'm back on Monday, 5th January.

Had the big shop delivered this evening so nearly all set. Turkey and ham being picked up on Tuesday and Christmas cake coming on Wednesday.
We stay put for the whole of Christmas so we can spend as much time as possible with the dogs

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion