Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women with tattoos..

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

My tattoos have yet to come to their full badass potential. A young woman with a few "discrete" "feminine" tattoos? Please, those are dime a dozen. Now, an 80 year old woman with tattooed knuckles? Endless awesome.

I *think* you may have tattooed me a couple years ago... were you in a tattoo place in Wicklow? Mine was an Ogham tattoo in a circular design on my wrist??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Personally I tend to find women with tattoos hot.

It does depend on weather the tattoo suits them tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SazKav

They may look good on an 18 year old but see them on a 60 year old.
    Even worse see them on an over weight girl.
    It saddens me when I have to interview a young girl for a job covered in Tattoo's. I have employed them if the Tattoo is covered.
    It sends out the wrong message.
    Also depends which circles you associate in.

You will find out exactly what I mean when you grow up.

Okay, well, you know what, its good to get a balanced view too. I did ask for opinions, so I won't take any offense, though I must say, most are pro tattoos and also, you are assuming that older people with tattoos have regrets when they 'grow up'... Maybe they don't maybe they still love them when they are 60... PS (I dont think 60 is all that old)

I'm curious about the 'wrong message' whats the wrong message they send out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

For me, it is illiteracy.

Harsh. One typo implies illiteracy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

OP I work in a solicitor's office, I am a legal PA and I go to court quite often. I've been working in this kind of environment for nearly 8 years. As long as I am in this environment I won't get my arms tattooed because for me they'd be the only place I'd find difficult to keep covered all of the time.

Unfortunately there are still workplaces where visible tattoos are frowned upon, that's just the way it is, not everyone is open-minded.

I've said it before in another thread, the only thing that I would consider when getting tattooed is how visible they are, I certainly wouldn't let anything stop me getting tattooed if it's something I really wanted.

I think the only place that some employers would be uncomfortable with would be your visible parts, it's none of their business if you choose to wear trousers and a long sleeved polo neck to work everyday and every inch of your body underneath is covered in ink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Harsh. One typo implies illiteracy?

In combination with "women is a turnoff", yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

SazKav wrote: »
    Whats everyones opinion on women with tattoos? I kind of want to be covered but I also want a professional career. I don't want to do it if it would hinder that.... Has anyone followed itsmsmurder on Instgram ? She is completely covered except for her face.. Think it look cool!

my wife has many tattoos (back,wrist,hip,calf,thigh etc) and they look awesome.they're part of her,part of her personality and they make her even more super ridiculously hot.they've never been a problem with her getting a job.she has had many professional jobs such as banking and now a good one in sales.and to look at her wouldn't even know she had any.something like that shouldn't stop you from getting inked.and when ur an old and wrinkly tattooed grandmother they're just great life stories to share with people.nobody can judge you for that.i say go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Would a tiny (and I mean about one squared centimetre in size) tattoo on your wrist be a potential problem for future employers? It's one I'm considering, I've never gotten a tattoo before, and I was thinking of getting one on the inside of my left wrist (I'm right-handed), pretty much aligned with my baby finger or ring finger (probably a painful spot, but it's where I'd put it).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Togepi wrote: »
    Would a tiny (and I mean about one squared centimetre in size) tattoo on your wrist be a potential problem for future employers? It's one I'm considering, I've never gotten a tattoo before, and I was thinking of getting one on the inside of my left wrist (I'm right-handed), pretty much aligned with my baby finger or ring finger (probably a painful spot, but it's where I'd put it).

Sadly, if they can see it, then yes it could be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Now, an 80 year old woman with tattooed knuckles? Endless awesome.

LMFAO!!!! smiley-laughing013.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Sadly, if they can see it, then yes it could be.

Damn. I could always just put a plaster on it for work every day. :pac:

An ankle tattoo is surely a safe bet, might get it there instead. I'll think a lot more about it before I decide anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jaygile

Looking forward to seeing all the tattooed folk from the latest tattoo boom in 50 years time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

it doesnt look as good when there faded and all bluey around the lines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

jaygile wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing all the tattooed folk from the latest tattoo boom in 50 years time

Both my grandfathers were covered in tattoos that they got in WW2, they still looked awesome over 50 years later ad I was always in awe of the stories behind each one.

The "oh what about when you're old" people do realise that when you're old you're going to be all wrinkly and saggy anyway so what does it matter if you have a design on you?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I am in a career where my arms are always on show and where tattoos are frowned upon. I have mine on my back but a colleague of mine was told she would find it hard to be employed with her preexisting tattoos on her wrists. Tattoos- lovely in a social setting.
    Tattoos- not so much in a professional setting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

it doesnt look as good when there faded and all bluey around the lines

You Can always get it touched up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Before I got my first tattoo, I asked my bf what he thinks of tattoos on girls. His exact words were, "Meh, each to their own, but I don't really like them."

4 tattoos later, he adores them and wants to know when I'm getting my next one :P And his favourite is my least "girly" one, the oblivion symbol :D

I wish the stigma behind them was gone, but I'll have to keep them in places I can hide if I wanna work in a creche :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

You can for sure be covered in tattoos and have a job. All you need is a few hours a day and a team of assistants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

They may look good on an 18 year old but see them on a 60 year old.
    Even worse see them on an over weight girl.
    It saddens me when I have to interview a young girl for a job covered in Tattoo's. I have employed them if the Tattoo is covered.
    It sends out the wrong message.
    Also depends which circles you associate in.

You will find out exactly what I mean when you grow up.

My mother will be 63 years old in August, she got her 5th tattoo done in March and she/they look very beautiful! I bought her first tattoo for her 50th birthday and she was hooked straight away. My dad will be 65 yrs in July and he got his first tattoo 8 years ago (now has 2 tattoos).

Moral of the story.......my parents a cool :cool:

Advertisement