Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eircom Annual Report 2006

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The 'first private entity' , what have SKY being doing for years o liver spotted one ????? .

You only spend about €40m on all the DSL equipment in the state outside of Dublin and €6m on the 3.5ghz gear. You pillaged the exchequer for that amount in your last line rental increase .

But you know that you don't believe any of that o liver spotted one, some minion wrote it for you .

Meanwhile your vulture capital mates walked away with far more cash that was ever spent on DSL .

Thanks for nothing and goodbye .........and good riddance to you

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

DSL Coverage is in line with EU15????????????

Define coverage then.

My wireless router covers 90% of Ireland does it? Its just an awful pity that no one else can use it further that 60 foot from my house.

But don't worry, it's just a demand issue.

And don't forget the whole "households versus lines" debate.

John

EDIT anyone know what DLS is? me neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Bilgewater.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

viking wrote:
    Only briefly scanned through it, I can't seem to select the text in Acrobat so heres a snippet from Anthony O' Reilly's "Chairman Statement":

Did you hear the one about the fish and the bicycle?
    This fish walks into a bar and asks for DSL...

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=184&si=1633232&issue_id=14206
    SIR Anthony O'Reilly, the chairman of Eircom, said in the company's annual report, published yesterday, that demand for greater regulation in a market which needs more investment is "foolhardy".

Eircom had succeeded in being more efficient and improving its network, despite excessive regulation.

Sir Anthony said the company's drive for efficiency means customers pay less than the European average for their telephone bill.

Eircom has recently agreed to a €2.4bn takeover deal with Australian firm Babcock & Brown.

For the year to March 2006, Eircom chief executive Phil Nolan got a basic salary of €769,100 and a bonus of €581,606; chief financial officer Peter Lynch had a basic salary of €507,310 and a bonus of €297,305; Cathal Magee a salary of €507,310 and a €287,605 bonus, and David McRedmond a basic salary of €366,100 and a bonus of €200,550.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

Sir Anthony said the company's drive for efficiency means customers pay less than the European average for their telephone bill.
    Any chance of the regulator stepping forward and robustly rebuffing such misleading spin? Any chance of the regulator showing that the Irish telephone customer has one of the highest monthly composite telephone bills?

Oh, sorry, it's the Goggin/Doherty/Byrne triumvirate itself that puts out this spin on a quarter-yearly basis.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Dr. Phil Nolan? Roffle :D Doctor of what I wonder?
    Any relation to this fellow?
    vert.drphil.jpg

Advertisement