Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cricket in Ireland/Pimp your Club!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

There will be the next season Starting in ClareGalway from April 2011.
    By the time you can check Kingfisher in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

RuggieBear wrote: »
    how about a boards cricket club?:D

We should actually do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Its that time of the year when cricket season is upon us.

Sandyford CC will begin winter nets this evening in a change from our usual venue.

So anybody interested in playing young, old, new or experienced your more than welcome to pitch up tonight or any Thursday.

St Columbas College 7.30 - 9 pm

directions http://stcolumbas.ie/location.php

Dont worry if you have no equipment we can help you out

Just a quick note for anybody interested in joining a club which with a bit of luck will be plenty of you after seeing Ireland TONK England the other day. :D:D:D

Sandyford CC are always on the look out for players of any age, size, shape or ability.

Out winter nets are on Thursdays in St Columbas College but wont take place the following two weeks owing for mock exams & Paddy's day. But we would love to see any new faces form 7.30 pm March 24th.

for any more info please feel free to PM me or to go to www.sandyfordcc.org

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I'm thinking of picking cricket up again,
    I played for a while at belvedere when i was 17-19.
    They started to place me in much older teams and pressure got to me and i quit, regret it now, took a few wickets, great fun.

Is there a club that will suit me now? im 26, however i work full time 9-5, castleknock based. What are the general training hours/times, usual match schedules?

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Placebo wrote: »
    I'm thinking of picking cricket up again,
    I played for a while at belvedere when i was 17-19.
    They started to place me in much older teams and pressure got to me and i quit, regret it now, took a few wickets, great fun.

Is there a club that will suit me now? im 26, however i work full time 9-5, castleknock based. What are the general training hours/times, usual match schedules?

cheers

From Castleknock, Belvo, Phoenix or Civil service are all within 15 mins drive. I recommend Phoenix, but I'm biased! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

Most clubs will always welcome new members. The vast majority of games are on the weekends with trainings taking place different nights according to different clubs and teams. For example in Rush our 1's and 2's trained tuesdays and thursdays last season the 3's trained either with the 4's on a friday or the 1's and 2's depending on ability. For a list of club locations check here http://www.cricketleinster.ie/clubs Old Belvo, Phoenix and Civil service are fairly local for you. Civil service are based in the Phoenix park and play in divisions 3, 6, 10, 11 and 14
    Phoenix are also in the park and are in 1, 4, 5, 9, and 12 Belvo are on the Navan road in Cabra and are in 2, 6 and 11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Balbriggan are starting training in Nth County this sunday starting at 6.30 if anyone is interested. As sonn as the weather is good enough we'll be moving outdoors to the club

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Any Taverner teams looking for a game in the coming season? We're a new team, the Diggers based in Glasnevin and we have a couple of fixtures to fill.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 25 Alabama Slamma

Hi,

interested in taking up the old game again... must either be nostalga or just that the world cup bug has bitten :o)

Played quite a bit in SA when i was younger. last time I played was a 1 off game for merrion (somethings) 4 or 5 years ago.
    I'm 31 now and probably passed the sell by date... but would like to give it a lash again.
    I'm living in Rathgar, so which clubs would be best considering location and also membership fees.

cheers

• Advertisement

Hi,

interested in taking up the old game again... must either be nostalga or just that the world cup bug has bitten :o)

Played quite a bit in SA when i was younger. last time I played was a 1 off game for merrion (somethings) 4 or 5 years ago.
    I'm 31 now and probably passed the sell by date... but would like to give it a lash again.
    I'm living in Rathgar, so which clubs would be best considering location and also membership fees.

cheers

Leinster in rathmines is the closes & Terenure is close. Couldnt comment on their membership fees

We Sandyford CC would only be too delighted to see you. We have nets tonight in St Columbas 7.30 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

TheDrog wrote: »
    Most clubs will always welcome new members. The vast majority of games are on the weekends with trainings taking place different nights according to different clubs and teams. For example in Rush our 1's and 2's trained tuesdays and thursdays last season the 3's trained either with the 4's on a friday or the 1's and 2's depending on ability. For a list of club locations check here http://www.cricketleinster.ie/clubs Old Belvo, Phoenix and Civil service are fairly local for you. Civil service are based in the Phoenix park and play in divisions 3, 6, 10, 11 and 14
    Phoenix are also in the park and are in 1, 4, 5, 9, and 12 Belvo are on the Navan road in Cabra and are in 2, 6 and 11

Thanks TrueDub/TheDrog
    I reckon Phoneix Club is closest to me, im in castleknock. Civil seems bit further up? Those division dont make any sense to me? are they the levels of expertise?
    I left a message for Phoneix Club using Contact on their site

TI reckon Phoneix Club is closest to me, im in castleknock. Civil seems bit further up?

you could throw a blanket over their grounds they are so close together.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

Thanks TrueDub/TheDrog
    I reckon Phoneix Club is closest to me, im in castleknock. Civil seems bit further up? Those division dont make any sense to me? are they the levels of expertise?
    I left a message for Phoneix Club using Contact on their site

1 is the highest division, 14 is the lowest, so the more teams lower down the more likely there are to be opportunities for beginners because the standard of play is lower

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭crackit

I'd reckon you'll get a fair go at either club Placebo. Phoenix 5s is a new team so they are certainly likely to welcome and give plenty of opportunity to new players. Civil Service 5s are relatively new at 2 or 3 seasons and I'm sure they'll give you a fair crack of the whip too.

I don't play for either side so I can't comment from experience but I do know lads who play from either team. From what I can garner the turnover in Civil Service seems to be really, really high on their lower two teams. Make of that what you will.

That said Phoenix subs are quite a bit higher than Civil Service so if finance is a factor that might come into it. Although at Phoenix they have 3 (I think he said it was 3) coaches who will help you through the year and you get some club paraphernalia so thats what you're paying extra for. At Civil Service there is no coaching.

Best of luck with it anyway and I hope you enjoy taking it back up again. The more welcomed back into the cricketing fold the merrier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

D3PO wrote: »
    Leinster in rathmines is the closes & Terenure is close. Couldnt comment on their membership fees.

A new member joining Terenure costs €70 (plus 50 for the swipe card - you get to spend this so it's not lost). I'm not sure what the section fee is for the cricket after that - I'm in a different section.

The contact details for the club are here

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

Well Everybody,

Keith Kilduff here, Mullingars newly appointed 3rds captain this year, first time ever having a 3rds team so hopefully all will go well!

1sts play in Division4 and the 2nds in Division8

Dara Ryan and Irfan Haider are the captains of both teams.

As you may know we now have a new ground, moved from Mount Murray out in Bunbrosna into Mullingar town itself to St. Finians Secondary School, a new fresh mat has been laid and 2 batting cages put up also, so its going well so far!

Just adding ourselves up on this! Take Care and chat to you all soon!

Keith

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Terenure Cricket Club Youth Registration Evening
    Wednesday May 25th at 6.30pm
    Featuring a Cricket Skills Masterclass with World Cup Hero - Andre Botha

Please contact Bill O'Connor on 086 8685964 or email cricket@live.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭starringme

Does anyone know what the subs are for Phoenix, the ladies team if possible? And does Old Belvedere have a ladies?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

starringme wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the subs are for Phoenix, the ladies team if possible? And does Old Belvedere have a ladies?

Roughly 100 to 150 euros. Old Belvo doesn't have a ladies team, afaik.

• Advertisement

Plates wrote: »
    Terenure Cricket Club Youth Registration Evening
    Wednesday May 25th at 6.30pm
    Featuring a Cricket Skills Masterclass with World Cup Hero - Andre Botha

Please contact Bill O'Connor on 086 8685964 or email cricket@live.ie

Reminder that this is on Wednesday. As well as Andre Botha - former Irish Coach and person responsible for Irelands leap on the world stage in the West Indies in 2007 - Adi Birrell - will also be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cabinteelycc

Hi All,

We are forming a cricket club in Cabinteely this year at the picturesque Cabinteely Park. Cabinteely Cricket Club is funded and endorsed by Dunlaoghaire-Rathdown County Council and is an initiative of Cricket Ireland.

Facilities to be hosted next year in the ground will include artificial wicket, training equipments, club house and toilets.

We are inviting new members to join us and play in Leinster League and Cup matches for 2012 season. Players of any standards are welcome.

We will also be conducting a month long coaching camp for the youngsters of the age group 10 to 17 at Cabinteely in April-May 2012.

Please send us an email enquiry to cabinteely.cricket@gmail.com for more information on membership and coaching camp. Alternatively you can call 086 7363 412.

Please join our facebook page to follow more updates and activities of the club at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cabinteely-Cricket-Club/224109164303702

Thanks.
    Cricket Team,
    Cabinteely Cricket Club | Cricket in Peace and Tranquility
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cabinteely-Cricket-Club/224109164303702

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cabinteelycc

Inviting youngsters of the age group 10-25 to attend a cricket coaching camp in Cabinteely Park next year (April-May 2012).

Coaching will be provided by Reinhardt Strydom from Dublin Cricket Academy http://www.espncricinfo.com/ireland/content/player/303341.html .

To register please contact cabinteely.cricket@gmail.com or club@dublinbulls.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Phoenix1830

How's it going lads and ladies.

Phoenix Cricket Club are looking for new members at all levels for this coming season. Adults and Youth members of all ages and standards are welcome to come along.

Our Adult pre season nets start on February 18th from 10-12 in North County's indoor facility and will run every Saturday (except St Patricks Day) up until March 31st after which nets will be moved outside to the Phoenix Park.

At Adult level we will have five mens league teams, one ladies team and one Taverners team.

At Youth level we will have under 9's, under 11's, under 13's, under 15's and under 17's as well as a brand new under 11's Girls team.

We have a full time head coach this year who will be putting in 35 hours of coaching a week at the club as well assessing players on the field performance at the weekend. We will also have other coaches for all the various grades and ages to help aid player development.

The club will also have a full social calendar with 8 major club events planned spanning from the end of April until the end of September.

This year there will be a special deal on new members joining fee with the subscription for the season for a new Adult members being only €200.

If anyone has any further inquiries then feel free to PM me on here.

Cheers

http://phoenixcricketclub.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cork County Cricket Club

Whether you're new to Cork or a verified Corkonian with an interest in playing cricket then why not get in touch! Players of all abilities are welcome at Cork County Cricket Club! For further information on playing and becoming a member please contact us on 021-4272569 or at corkcountycc@gmail.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bobo148

Presume you got Kevin's permission to use his image?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,185 ✭✭✭kensutz

Bobo148 wrote: »
    Presume you got Kevin's permission to use his image?

Not so much Kevin, but the photographers.

Nets finally moving outdoors from next week. :)

Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6.30pm - all welcome - we have teams at a variety of levels to suit all abilities.

Contact cricket@live.ie if you'd like to get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Just paid my membership fees for the year for Leinster CC in Rathmines. Oh Yeah!! Bring it on...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

Hey guys
    Just moved from s africa.played cricket when I was younger and want to start again.any clubs in or near donnybrook Dublin?
    Cheers

Advertisement