Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chris Robinson

• 21-12-2011 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

Anyone hear an interview on Radio 1 with this Chris Robinson guy earlier today?

It was interesting. Basically he sorta dreams stuff that then happens - quite regularly!

Now I'm as sceptical as most around here (if not a little moreso) and have pretty much no time for people who claim psychic powers and all that - a right load of hogwash would be my opinion.

But this guy was very interesting. He'd dream stuff and then within days/weeks or sometimes longer the dream would be reflected to some degree of accuracy in the real world - and the level of detail/accuracy in the dreams/ensuing events seemed astonishing.

So, curious as you can imagine...I just dug out his website (which is truly awful!!) and started reading his book 'dream detective' which is posted there.

Here's the link directly to the start of the book

http://www.dream-detective.com/id11.html

I haven't read enough yet to be convinced one way or the other as to whether this guy can actually see into the future in some shape or form, but it's a very interesting account - and even though really badly written, its certainly an engaging read - I'm heading back to read more before I hit the sack - but I just thought I'd post this so you guys can have a look too.

Btw, he ended his interview today saying he had a dream a few nights ago that prince Philip died - so it'll be interesting to see if the old guy snuffs it in the next few days/weeks (beyond that and I'd just say coincidence - it's not as if he's hopping around the place full of youthful vivacity now is it!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Stop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Sounds like a load of bollix to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

Sounds like a load of bollix to me!

my thoughts too - but have a look at the stuff in the link - it's worth a quick scan if nothing else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

For boards mobile users

:eek:
    Did you actually post an entire book?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Did you actually post an entire book?
    No but there's fecking loads in it, I'm not reading all that.

No but there's fecking loads in it, I'm not reading all that.

fair enough - but scroll down to Chapter Three and start there - that's what I did to get past the intro crap

just read a few paragraphs and see what ya think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

There is a lot of truth to things like that.

charlemont wrote: »
    There is a lot of truth to things like that.

Is there, yeah? Do feel free to elaborate.

^^ tl:dr

Edit, Teddy's almighty post is gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

alfa beta wrote: »
    Anyone hear an interview on Radio 1 with this Chris Robinson guy earlier today?

It was interesting. Basically he sorta dreams stuff that then happens - quite regularly!

Now I'm as sceptical as most around here (if not a little moreso) and have pretty much no time for people who claim psychic powers and all that - a right load of hogwash would be my opinion.

But this guy was very interesting. He'd dream stuff and then within days/weeks or sometimes longer the dream would be reflected to some degree of accuracy in the real world - and the level of detail/accuracy in the dreams/ensuing events seemed astonishing.

So, curious as you can imagine...I just dug out his website (which is truly awful!!) and started reading his book 'dream detective' which is posted there.

Here's the link directly to the start of the book

http://www.dream-detective.com/id11.html

I haven't read enough yet to be convinced one way or the other as to whether this guy can actually see into the future in some shape or form, but it's a very interesting account - and even though really badly written, its certainly an engaging read - I'm heading back to read more before I hit the sack - but I just thought I'd post this so you guys can have a look too.

Btw, he ended his interview today saying he had a dream a few nights ago that prince Philip died - so it'll be interesting to see if the old guy snuffs it in the next few days/weeks (beyond that and I'd just say coincidence - it's not as if he's hopping around the place full of youthful vivacity now is it!)

I think you are drastically underestimating how sceptical everyone else here is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Aw..I missed it :(

chucken1 wrote: »

It was the stuff of legend, the foreword, introduction and first 6 chapters. Biggest post ever, epic!

chucken1 wrote: »
    I just quoted the link but it was waaaay too big.

I'm very skeptical of OP's level of skepticism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Once I dreamed that I had to get up and go to work and that it was going to be a miserable f*cking day and for the whole length of it I would wish I was back in my bed.

It TOTALLY came true.

Woooooohhhhhh!!!!

Please send 5 euro to hear more about my amazing ability.

Trying to pimp yourself on here, eh Chris Robinson?

The jig is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I just quoted the link but it was waaaay too big.
    That's what she..... ah never mind!

I'm very skeptical of OP's level of skepticism.

as I said, the guys story is interesting....dunno if there's anything to it...but it's interesting..

TBH I'm still very skeptical and can totally understand your skepticism of my skepticism!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Is there, yeah? Do feel free to elaborate.

Its really to do with the awareness, Now don't tell us you never thought about a certain person only then to end up bumping into them. Most of us don't remember our dreams this guy just does, I'v never heard of him before either.

• Advertisement

Its really to do with the awareness, Now don't tell us you never thought about a certain person only then to end up bumping into them.

That has happened me, yes. It is what is known as a coincidence.

Its really to do with the awareness, Now don't tell us you never thought about a certain person only then to end up bumping into them. Most of us don't remember our dreams this guy just does, I'v never heard of him before either.

fraid I wouldn't buy that argument in this case charlemont - the 'bumping into people' thing I would put down to coincidence

Also, when you read about some of the info this guy is getting in his dreams - postcodes, names, numbers, (ie: enough to make the police suspect he was involved in the stuff he was telling them) it really is rather curious - certainly nothing like the vague and apparently meaningless dreams I have

fraid I wouldn't buy that argument in this case charlemont - the 'bumping into people' thing I would put down to coincidence

Also, when you read about some of the info this guy is getting in his dreams - postcodes, names, numbers, (ie: enough to make the police suspect he was involved in the stuff he was telling them) it really is rather curious - certainly nothing like the vague and apparently meaningless dreams I have

Is this all based on what you are reading in a book and hearing on the radio? You aren't very sceptical at all, really, are you? Quite the opposite in fact.

as I said, the guys story is interesting....dunno if there's anything to it...but it's interesting..

That's fair enough and each to their own.

For me the idea that someone can get glimpses of the future doesn't stand to reason.

Also, I don't believe the future exists, reject determinism, and hate the idea of destiny.

Here's the kicker though. If he can dream the future he'd be a very very wealthy man by dreaming about the outcomes of sporting events.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I think certain people can have premonitions from time to time.

Didn't Abraham Lincoln dream and later write about his death a few weeks before he was assassinated?

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Is this all based on what you are reading in a book and hearing on the radio? You aren't very sceptical at all, really, are you? Quite the opposite in fact.

eh - Not sure where you're coming from there - I was just replying to Charlemont's point where he said 'we don't all remember our dreams this guy just does'

Charlemonts inference was that we might all be able to tap into our dreams in some way (I think)

I don't buy that - I for one think my dreams are of little use outside of whatever it is they do for my brain during the night.

What this Robinson chap describes seems very different to the type of dream I have and am familiar with - and so I think it merits exploration

essentially if he's claiming he can tell the future in some way, then he needs to be able to substantiate this in a way that you and I could take as 'proof' - not in some wishy-washy 'we could all do it if we were more aware' sort of way.

the thing is his account is interesting in this regard as - from my quick glance at it - there appears to some sort of element of substantiation that makes someone like me (yes, skeptical) sit up and take notice.

Have a read if you get a chance - I scrolled down to chapter three and started from there (as that it seems was the point where he began formally keeping records.)

Here's the kicker though. If he can dream the future he'd be a very very wealthy man by dreaming about the outcomes of sporting events.

was wondering about that too.....or perhaps certain numbers on a saturday night!

I keep clicking into this thread by mistake because I think it's about this guy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Domo230 wrote: »
    Well he was president of the United States.
    Many of their president's do get assassinated so it was hardly a shock that he considered it.

Lincoln was the first to be killed in office. Be even more of a shock if he was factoring in the assassinations of those who came after him. Although there was a supposed attempt on his life earlier on in his presidency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

I'm starting a rumour that Chris Robinson is related to Nostradamus.

Who's with me ?

Advertisement