Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert is Fun!

• 11-03-2006 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

Will this torture ever end.. i can't wait for it to be over.. all my friends say that don't want it to come any sooner than it is.. all the studying of things i will not even need in my life afterwards... complete ****.. thats what i think the leaving cert is.. and its child abuse.. lol:mad: Give me your thoughts...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i love 6th year tbh! sure it is only the Leaving Cert like..and if the worst comes to the worst, I can just repeat! I don't feel any pressure at all...sure we don't technically need everything we study for life afterwards, but imagine if you were partaking in Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and the million dollar question was based on something you did in 5th/6th year...then you'd be happy you paid attention in class and studied!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

Dean820 wrote:
    Will this torture ever end.. i can't wait for it to be over.. all my friends say that don't want it to come any sooner than it is.. all the studying of things i will not even need in my life afterwards... complete ****.. thats what i think the leaving cert is.. and its child abuse.. lol:mad: Give me your thoughts...

jaysus its not that bad!

i cant wait till its over, but i also know things could be a lot worse for us....

stop yer moanin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

i am just looking forward to it being over also, i feel theres so much still to do and so little time. at the moment i am doing 5honours 2passes (hoping to be doing pass in Spanish soon though). A lot of the LC is useless in some aspects but i suppose whats useless to one person is extremely usefull to another considering what they want to do after school.

I also cannot motivate myself to study when i want to - i only study what revision is marked by our teacher or whatever. This works best for me. I put it down to myself being lazy or because my brain melted over transition year (lol).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

The stuff is useless, but so in a way is reading books or watching tv. 6th year has been pretty class so far, parties every week, a great atmosphere in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

The stuff is useless, but so in a way is reading books or watching tv. 6th year has been pretty class so far, parties every week, a great atmosphere in school.
    Here Here!

6th year is grand, and sure it's only the LC. Don't let it get to you, have fun in school. I don't want to look back and think that I wasted all my schooldays by worrying and getting way too stressed.

Laugh at yourself often, laugh at others more.

<Dean is a legend>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Well.. i am a legend but thats besides the point...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ah stop being a moaning michael!!

this is the best year of our lives! enjoy it. go out there and start partying 24/7. you know you want to.

the L.C don't mean nothing. big deal, a piece of paper with writing on it. oh wow, my knees tremble at the thought of geting it :rolleyes:

Its more the people around me reactions to the results i'm worrying about...

Dean: i got 50 points dad!!

Dad: I'm so proud of you son!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Dean820 wrote:

You're not a child, you're a young adult. By the end of this year you're life will be forever changed.

I'm a man!! You hear that mother.. I'M A MAN!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭River Allow

"Only the leaving Cert"???? Lads, its the most important exam of our lives!! Our whoe future depends on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

6th year has been grand so far, then this month a whole load of crap is going on, orals, engineering projects, mock orals, and various other brick-a-brack. Frankly, I'm sick of it all tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Yeah but come on, there is life after the leaving, and its not the be-all to end-bloody-all. There's other ways to get where you want, although everyone would much prefer to get there as quick as possible - via the LC. We'll all be grand, so lets just have some fun along the way ;)

"Only the leaving Cert"???? Lads, its the most important exam of our lives!! Our whoe future depends on it!

????!!?!?!?

no it doesnt.....!

if you get 350 points instead of 450 is you're life going to be destroyed? nooooo.

relax man :)

i know its "important" at the moment, but we'll look back and laugh at it in years to come...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

It isn't really THAT important, try not to get it out of perspective for what it is. This will also mean your less stressed when doing it and should hopefully do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭River Allow

But in fairness, which would you prefer.. To get a course you don't want cause you didn't get enough points and end up hating your job for the rest of your life or getting the job you've always wanted???

doing a college course doesnt necessarily determine your job.
    and doing a college course DEFINITELY doesnt mean you get the job you've always wanted.

plus on your cao if theres a particular area you really want to work in, you should have different options down for it, in different colleges, with different amounts of points..

obviously for something like medicine thats difficult, but now you can do medicine through a general science degree cant you?

anyways yeah.. obviously i really want my first choice, but i'd be happy with most of my others, and i know its not the end of the world..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nanogirl

yea sure LC is fcukin class, a barrell of laughs!! dont no bout all you's but just lookin at amount of people on this forum, has completely freaked out! kinda made me realise how serios this all is..........but sure just look to afterwards!!!!! think of oxigen!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Its not as bad as I thought it would be, Im pritty relaxed about the whole thing. Im letting this year get me into constant bad moods, or let it take control over my social life.
    I will wonder what it feels like to be free... Being able to come home, and not study... hmmmmmm... I wonder.. ;)

Advertisement