Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are you properly studying for the LC now?

• 04-03-2006 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how many peopl have got their act together and how many, like me, are waiting for the panic to set in before starting revising. Now I'm doing around 2 hours a night but it's all homework, maybe a small bit of oral work.

What about all of you?

Are you studying for the LC now? 19 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    ShrimpGileadiTX123deisedollyDave LarkinRiver AllowCrimEGrumPyOctavarIanKwekubodr.barbiedunkamanianedwardXylophonicyoyocasanova_kidMuiriosaNADAemszie 19 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

i don't do routines...

if i don't feel like studying then i just don't
    the next day i could get 5 hours done [for tests and revising what i did in class]

i'm just like that i guess :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

No
    I study everyday. well I try to then I just forget everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

According to my study plan, I should be studying Maths right now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

No
    i do afterschool study at least twice a week (2hours from 4-6) grinds on saturday morning, and homework on sundays. :( and i still feel like ill do ****, lol :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

No
    I'm doing my mocks at the mo, so am studying pretty hard. The ones I have had so far have made me realise how much more I need to know so even when the mocks are over ill have to keep studyin as hard!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Atm, I'm going to get back into serious study at easter. That may change when my mock results come back though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

tomorrow...tomorrow i will start!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

No
    thats the spirit aber! hah:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Afterschool Study, every day: 5.00 - 9.00pm
    Sunday: 2 - 6pm

Thats including, I dont plan on doing any extra hours as I only need 320 points max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

whoa that's a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

No
    I do 3 to 4 hours a day and at the weekend maybe three hours a day, largely depending on alcohol intake though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I do 3 to 4 hours a day and at the weekend maybe three hours a day, largely depending on alcohol intake though.
    ;) Stay off the sauce man

I do about 2 hours or so, I needed a break last week though after the mocks, my brain was destroyed. Mostly oral stuff, also a music mock comin up in a couple of weeks, so I'll get some Gerald Barry et all into me for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

No
    tomorrow...tomorrow i will start!!!

Thats me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I just think at the moment I am so busy with oral work! seriously german is mad - so much to do! and stupid Irish I really have to start for that! I'm just studyin for tests and going over new material really. I have a history revison test on the stuf we did in september(eurpean democracy) which is a great incentive to study that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

No
    I'm studying hard enough, I do 3 hours grinds every Monday to Wednesday and 1 hour study afterwards and then 4 hours Thursday and Friday leaving my weekend free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

No
    Mon-Thurs: 4pm-6pm supervised study
    8pm-9pm study at home/grinds

Fri-Sun: Homework. I should really start to study on the weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

no because i'm in 5th :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i dont have time for studying, more important things to be doing.

i consider it a huge waste of time doing hours of study each night. all for what? 2 hrs in june. :rolleyes:

if i pass all my pre's which i should do, i wont do anything until after easter. Q.E.D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

3 months yesterday to the day. 3 months on Friday since my best friend died. That timeframe absolutely freaks me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I go to the Library twice a week and do homework and a bit of revision. Every other day I just do homework and then play my bass (under the pretence of practising for my practical)

I'm lucky though, I can sit in class and aborb the information and then recall it during the exam. I also have a talent for bull****ting on a paper, so English and Classics should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I'm ****ed for the Leaving Cert.. i have done nothing so far this year.. i really need to get off my ass and do something... and the oral is in like two weeks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

Ive not properly studied yet. Im doing our revision thats marked in Biology and Accounting and some oral work but thats about it. Usually Im too tired after the long day of school and normal homework to attempt revision at night.

Yeah thats like me too.. your in scholl till about 4 then you don't get home to about 5.. i'm always wrecked tired then and have no energy to study... plus you have homework to do aswell..

Dean820 wrote:
    Yeah thats like me too.. your in scholl till about 4 then you don't get home to about 5.. i'm always wrecked tired then and have no energy to study... plus you have homework to do aswell..

Exactly! I think once the entire course is done and there's only revision to give as homework we should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

im in 5th year atm and i seriously need to get my act together. i do supervised study after school and some days i dont bother going. i have a serious problem studying at home. when im in school ill get motivated and think to myself ill get my act together and start studying but then when i get home i just **** the bag into the corner and go on my pc or something.

Lmao.. same here.. i did nothing in 5th year anyway.. it was abit of a doss year...

Dean820 wrote:
    Lmao.. same here.. i did nothing in 5th year anyway.. it was abit of a doss year...

same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

No
    Im doing my best to knuckle down but its damn hard. I feel very lucky in that I had the cop on to listen in class all year and learn things as I got them, which puts me in a less stressful situation now but also makes me feel like Ill sail through June which is not the case. The next couple of months will consist of intense studying- I have to keep reminding myself not to get lazy at this late stage and f**k it all up coz Ill be gutted in August if that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

i know theres one thing that will get ya to study, just imagine yourself failing the leaving cert and having to repeat 6th year *shudders*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

dr.barbie wrote:
    Im doing my best to knuckle down but its damn hard. I feel very lucky in that I had the cop on to listen in class all year and learn things as I got them, which puts me in a less stressful situation now but also makes me feel like Ill sail through June which is not the case. The next couple of months will consist of intense studying- I have to keep reminding myself not to get lazy at this late stage and f**k it all up coz Ill be gutted in August if that happens.

That's what is scaring me so much. Imagine in August when you don't get anywhere near what you expects. What the **** would you do? Repeat? It'd absolutely horrible not to have done your best

Advertisement