Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ugly birds- why do lads bother?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

gatecrash wrote:
    can be a picky enough crowd down there. But then again I'm not exactly Adonis either!! ;)
    that's why i said it may just be a Leixlip thing.
    most of my friends who are married or living in sin ( :) ) are with girls from outside Leixlip.
    you could go to the ozone, but only if you want a 17 year old slapper.
    Dudess wrote:
    have to say I don't understand how a person wouldn't have any pride in their appearance. I know one girl who goes around wearing tracka bottoms and oversized hoodies all the time. Never bothers doing anything with her hair, never wears make-up. Could do so much better for herself. Anyway, she pulls loads of lads but that's only because they know they'll get a blowjob off her. Then they sod off and have a laugh at her.
    classic case of low self esteem.
    perhaps if you talked to this girl and explained to her that she can do better than these losers, then she may clean up her act.
    do it now, before she ends up pushing a pram on her own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

julep wrote:
    classic case of low self esteem.
    perhaps if you talked to this girl and explained to her that she can do better than these losers, then she may clean up her act.
    do it now, before she ends up pushing a pram on her own.

I'm worn out from saying it to her, julep.

then she obviously has some issues that she needs to overcome.
    she may have a bad home life or possibly an underlying problem of some sort (eating disorder or sometihng similar). or else she's just a slapper. can't really tell without talking to her.
    i have had some success with people in similar situations. bring her on here and i'll try to help.
    right, i'm off to throw some flowers at myself and then revel in the smell of my own farts and create a huge smug cloud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

julep wrote:
    then she obviously has some issues that she needs to overcome.
    she may have a bad home life or possibly an underlying problem of some sort (eating disorder or sometihng similar). or else she's just a slapper. can't really tell without talking to her.
    i have had some success with people in similar situations. bring her on here and i'll try to help.
    right, i'm off to throw some flowers at myself and then revel in the smell of my own farts and create a huge smug cloud.

Ever considered going for a PI moderating job?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

...no fat chicks

• Advertisement

nah. i get bored over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

Pink Bunny wrote:
    her bf was very disfigured from what I can only can think was a fire. He had no hair and his face and arms looked like they were the result of skin grafting. It was almost painful to watch this guy because you knew that was probably the best he could ever look and just thankful to be alive.

He sounds sexy. Seriously. I like a body, a face, a mind with "character" (read any meaning you like into that).

OP, not all of us are vacant morans who need a living blow-up doll on our arm to assauge those ego hunger-pangs. And some of us have more to offer than just Barbie aesthetics. Some of us are interesting.
    No post in this thread can answer your question. When you have a little more experience with women under your belt (so to speak), sweetheart, then you'll understand.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i date fat chicks to make me feel better about myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Not a popular one here Ted :D *attaches flame retardant*

Just something Im wondering, but what makes a guy go out with a really really ugly bird? I dont mean one just a bit plain or with nothin about her, I mean REALLY bad.

I was on the bus today, this bird got on. Probably about 21/22, my guess being shes a retired teenage goth. Not fat, but...built. Hair trimmed to her neck length, dyed a bad looking reddish brown colour, wore thick rimmed glasses, basically the type that automatically makes the voice in your head utter "jaysus no way". So she gets off at a bus stop and into the arms of some lad who was obviously her boyfriend. And Im thinking "whats your game?". It really made me think, how does a lad go out with someone who not only makes no effort on her appearance, but seemingly goes out of the way to make herself look worse? For me to like a girl, she has to be the type who, when I see her it makes me smile, when she smiles at me it brightens up my day. How in the name of jaysus this one could evoke those type of emotions in a man purely mystify me.

I dont mean to be mean about it, but you cant help these thoughts. Ive a mate, early 30s (Im only 20 but I know him a few years), hes engaged to a bird of about 27, though she looks around 35. Im trying hard to think of a good physical aspect about her, and all I can come up with is that her body is alright, I suppose, but theres absoloutely nothin about the face, wears bad glasses and the hair is nothing special. But the odd thing is, sometimes we`ve been watching tv or whatever and some rough piece is on the box, and he would mention about how rotten looking she was. Again, not intentionally being mean, but I cant help thinking to myself "yours is worse mate". And apart from her, he seems to have good taste! Like, I dunno, Pussycat Dolls or whoever video might come on and he would say about how he`d lash it out of all them. How can he say that then look at his own bird and not see that there is utterly not one iota of comparison? For those of you who think Im being harsh, not every girl is genetically beautiful, but 90% of those who you might consider rough could make themselves look nicer if the wanted. Grow their hair a bit longer, get a decent fashion taste, that kind of thing. Personally, I know if I started going with an ugly girl, my mates would say it to my face. Theyd pretty much accuse me of selling out. And as for my family, my mams an awful critic, I dont care much for what she thinks in most aspects of my life but lord if I brought home some rough yoke, she would tell me and all. I recognise that personality is very important, but unless a good personality comes from a pretty face and well maintained body it doesnt count for much. So what makes a man go out with a munter? Depression? My above mentioned mate in his 30s used to go with a Swedish girl who I will stereotypically assume was ood looking, lived with her and all until they split, he got with the other one a few months later. I was with this one when I was 17, absoloute princess. Tall-ish, slim, brown eyed real naturally tanned complexion, raven black hair, and we got on like a house on fire, really properly liked her. Anyway, due to my retardedness it went tits up, but thats another matter. The following September I started college and got acquainted the first day with this rough as hell fat bird, and on one occasion in the first week I nearly contemplated pulling her whilst sober, due to being on such a downer from losing the other girl. Thankfully sanity got the better of me, and it gives me a chill even thinking of it now.

So, opinions? Or am I just a bastard?

Maybe they're just desperate. Sick of being single so standards went out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Those girls do not do anything for me, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)

Guys just say that to appear different. If you met them girls out you would be attracted to them, unless your gay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'd be what the OP would consider ugly. Considering I wear thick rimmed black glasses and have a similar dress sense to the girl he described. My bf finds me beautiful and thats all I give a **** about. Its shallow people like the OP who will end up alone because he'll spend his life searching for the perfect woman (who doesnt exist). When you fall in love OP, you will realise that its their personality that is more important. Although you need physical attraction to the person, love is deeper than whats on the outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If one of the lads is going out with a complete sham of a state, we will slag him. But at the end of the day if she is a nice girl ( and dosent smell, as some fat ones do :( ) and he is happy with her. The we are happy for him to some degree. We will think he CAN do better and will always slag him, long after she is gone. But its his choice.

Horses for courses, springs to mind here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Nightwish wrote:
    I'd be what the OP would consider ugly.

:eek: We've seen your pic, & you're FAR from ugly.

I kinda see where the OP was originally coming from though, not saying I agree with it or anything, but sometimes I look around & wonder similar things.

You see very plain people dating absolute stunners all the time & you have to wonder how / why!!!! Fair fecks to them & all & I definitely agree that once you love someone, flaws in their appearance become insignificant, but it's how they got to the love stage that surprises me sometimes, though I actually do think it's sweet & there's someone for everyone etc.....

As for his "we should all make an effort with our appearance" bullsh!t. I'm a very plain looking girl, but I can look quite nice when I've my makeup on, my hair down etc.
    Does that make me do this every day? Not a chance!!! I couldn't give a sh!t if a stranger thinks I'm hot or not, all that matter to me is that I'm comfortable.
    I do myself up at the weekends to remind myself & probably my bf that I'm not a minger after all, I've just got more important things in my life than worrying about my appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Its the "Honda 50 Principle"

EDIT/ There's nothing uglier than dog Latin Nightwish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

There's no explaining people's taste or lack of it.i've allways had "off beat" taste in women,for example i like them to have big noses,i'm not averse to a "built" girl either,its not a matter of whether your mates find her attractive,if itt was you'd never meet somebody.I just go on who does it for me,if she's sexy or funny or dirty or whatever its all good and a bit o size never hurt anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'

then again, first appearances mean everything.
    But in any relationship it's each other's personalities that make it last, not their looks.

Give me someone with a good personality over some dim witted model anyday (unless its a ONS :P)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Caliden wrote:
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'

Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

the op is such an immature person its unreal.
    i never judge people by their looks as i no what its like, when im out fellas hit on me (sexy guys who are usually so boring and full of but eye candy is nice sometimes!!!) its so annoying. because ive nice figure and face (so ive bn told, doesnt worry me really as i like the way i look & am happy) fellas who think there hot hit on me and expect to score so to speak.

i much prefere seeing the ordinary joe soap giving me a glaanec and shying away, these stuck up fellas make me sick. hence to any fella that says hot chicks are assholes/snobs its stupid stuck up immature fellas that make em that way!!!!

an initial attraction will always be there people have preferences on what floats there boats hence why large people are happily married with kids etc.

i could just imagine it the op marrys a pure sex kitten gets her up the duff trys to sleep with her after the baby is born and says " id never have married you or impregnated you if i knew your tits would sag and ud get scars on your body im outta here". and it happens every time untill one day he realises his an ughly old spenser with wrinkly saggy balls and nothing to hold onto or keep up!!!!

@ degsy=great to see your not as shallow as i thought degsy!!!

the op is such an immature person its unreal.
    i never judge people by their looks as i no what its like, when im out fellas hit on me (sexy guys who are usually so boring and full of but eye candy is nice sometimes!!!) its so annoying. because ive nice figure and face (so ive bn told, doesnt worry me really as i like the way i look & am happy) fellas who think there hot hit on me and expect to score so to speak.

i much prefere seeing the ordinary joe soap giving me a glaanec and shying away, these stuck up fellas make me sick. hence to any fella that says hot chicks are assholes/snobs its stupid stuck up immature fellas that make em that way!!!!

an initial attraction will always be there people have preferences on what floats there boats hence why large people are happily married with kids etc.

i could just imagine it the op marrys a pure sex kitten gets her up the duff trys to sleep with her after the baby is born and says " id never have married you or impregnated you if i knew your tits would sag and ud get scars on your body im outta here". and it happens every time untill one day he realises his an ughly old spenser with wrinkly saggy balls and nothing to hold onto or keep up!!!!

@ degsy=great to see your not as shallow as i thought degsy!!!

The last bit of that is the only part i understood!

just goes to show your intellect hasnt improved degs!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i have to admit, i do think it looks a bit weird when there's a couple and one is completly fugly while the other is good looking.

but hey, if they're happy, they're harming no one.

Probably true..yours has improved immensly though,you're writing entire paragraphs without a crayon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Egotron3000

Egotron3000 notes that this thread causes confusion in its circuitry. Why are all human male optical systems not wired the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Giblet wrote:
    Most people are ugly fyi

Im not... and all my smoking hot sisters and brothers want all ugos out of this thread asap, we want to talk about you behind your back.

i no degs i posted back the crayons i borrowed from you did you not get them.:p now we'll leave our little slag be and let this crazy thread run its course;) ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jammie

what is wrong with you OP? Perhaps your view of an "ugly" person isnt the same as others, perhaps that poor girl you called ugly is that guys life...how would you feel if you met someone in your view was fantastic, beautiful in every way and one of your mates turned round and said she was ugly? Unfortunately some of us arent blessed with gorgeous looks and me being one person who feels that I havent been blessed in that way but I am one of the most geuine, kindest people there are, perhaps thats why Im always hurt, I can't believeanyone could be that shallow, Im assuming your single?? Wonder why!?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Im assuming your single?? Wonder why!?:confused:

It could only be because he is an ugo! GET HIM!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Check out Dan O'Neill's song "Mingin' But I Love Her". More people should think like him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Im gonna go sliightly OT here.

What do you think when a friend of yours meets you in town and introduces you to his girlfriend,

And she has a hoof

aka. a camel toe !

Is it me or is that disgusting ? why cant women look down in the mirros before they go out. Its replulsive :/ yet so funny after about 8 pints

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

I think part of the OP's point was that "ugly" (note the commas), people could make themselves more attractive if they tried, and it's not so much a case of "my god how dare they burn up my valuable oxygen looking so bad", but more a case of where's your self-respect?

I'm not talking about someone who has some physical feature that's kind of not the best, I'm talking about peple who don't look after themselves at all, there's a lot of thing we should all do like exercise, eat properly, and bathe regularly, and that's got nothing to do with being a shallow git but everything to do with having respect for yourself and your body.

Ergo when you see someone who doesn't take care of themselves, (and I'm not talking about lashing on make up ridiculous grooming or pants that're too small), you get the impression they have no regard for themselves. Which is not vain at all but a perfectly reasonable response.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement