Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Juice diet detox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

bluewolf wrote: »
    What if I juice the burger, does it have magic light then?

Ask thegreatiam ........

• Registered Users Posts: 19,921 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Go do your own research then!! :D

I did before I replied and it's complete bunk. I just wanted to see if you would pretend you have evidence for it.

The Kirlian Photography is total nonsense. Like Fabricated or reliant on really dodgy research methods. It Simply doesn't stand up to any kind of scrutiny.

As for Biophotonic light energy... you have been duped my friend. It has nothing to do with nutrition. It's to do with using photons to create images. I found one article about how older cells emit less biophotonic energy but nothing about juicing or nutrition. Seriously, this should be embarrassing for you (but I doubt you understand why)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

As I've said the evidence is not good enough for you ....... :rolleyes:

As I've said you haven't provided evidence, you've provided anecdote, and you're right, only the gullible and desperate think anecdote trumps evidence.
    :rolleyes:
    :confused: So why does obesity, type 2 diabetes (your favourite) and heart disease exist???

Surely not because of an unhealthy diet .......... after all the body "detoxes" itself with no assistance from us! :D

You're going to have to define what you mean by detox here.

So by your logic I can drink liquid lead but if I have a juice with it the body can remove this toxin? Will juicing also remove the toxins in the body from smoking? Is that why you smoke and juice? Are you doing it to rationalise your smoking?

You can't start talking about toxins and detoxes unless you say what you mean by them.

Also, you've dodged the question about magic light energy and whether you should avoid processed foods.

Let's say 5 Big Macs and 3 litres of Coke a day ........ no side effect from this diet???

There is but it's from the calories, not magic, undefined, arbitrary, quack 'toxins'.

You say what you think would be wrong with that diet. What specific toxins within coke and big macs are bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I'd love to hear in your own words what it all means, because I couldn't find anything that made sense. I now have this image in my head of little glimmers of light flashing in my gut and somehow giving me radiance.
    i will still avoid juice though as I'm counting calories and I'd rather use those to eat fish' meat and olive oil'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

how many calories in a toxin?

aside from cherry picking some web MD articles do you have any sources for these fruit claims.

All I can seem to find are articles stating there is no measured benefit to juicing fruit instead of eating it.

The only benefit, it seems, is that the sugars and other nutrients are absorbed faster. Personally I don't see that as a benefit as long as they are absorbed. Since my body is processing food 24 hours a day and storing and utilising fats proteins vitamins sugars on a constant basis the rate of their absorption doesn't seem to matter, if its an hour or 3 hours. until it is something urgent, such as immediately after exercise to revive energy stores, or if im on the brink of starvation I don't think it makes much difference. however, as stated a lot of the vitamins we need are fat soluble and even though they are digested fast they aren't used or stored by the body unless they are taken with fats. So cooking or serving with some healthy fats will actually be more beneficial.

Drawbacks however, included: increased sugar intake, over consumption of calories, insulin spikes, lack of protein and fibre leading to increased appetite. as well as the inconvenience of purchasing expensive juicers and cleaning of them. Incorrect cleaning, according to the Food and Drug Administration, can, lead to foodborne illness. All raw food can harbor pathogens that cause vomiting, diarrhea, and in worst case scenarios conditions like E.coli, hepatitis, and even kidney failure.

The main reason the OP wanted to start juicing was for a detox, and since our body is a self-regulating system it is more than capable of removing the toxins from even the most abused bodies in a matter of days the detox benefit is entirely fabricated. No-one has ever shown that your body needs assistance in detoxing itself.

if you want ot juice for 3 days well you're an adult you can make decisions yourself, personally I think its a bit of a hassle and expense and the time and effort will be better served actually eating some veg. By all means juice if you want some juice, but don't try to convince yourself that it will turn your life around just cos some quack who wants to sell an eBook tells you so.

You tell me .........

20 per gram, but there's -30 calories per gram of light energy. So if pay Dr. Oz enough, you can lose weight, be more popular and get that soul mate you need by juicing.

:rolls eyes in assholey condescending unknowingly self referential way:

20 per gram, but there's -30 calories per gram of light energy. So if pay Dr. Oz enough, you can lose weight, be more popular and get that soul mate you need by juicing.

:rolls eyes in assholey condescending unknowingly self referential way:

I'm waiting for the word 'quantum' to show up.

You tell me .........

He can't until you say what a toxin is. :confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'm waiting for the word 'quantum' to show up.

There's a quantum brain floating about here...

aside from cherry picking some web MD articles do you have any sources for these fruit claims.

All I can seem to find are articles stating there is no measured benefit to juicing fruit instead of eating it.

The only benefit, it seems, is that the sugars and other nutrients are absorbed faster. Personally I don't see that as a benefit as long as they are absorbed. Since my body is processing food 24 hours a day and storing and utilising fats proteins vitamins sugars on a constant basis the rate of their absorption doesn't seem to matter, if its an hour or 3 hours. until it is something urgent, such as immediately after exercise to revive energy stores, or if im on the brink of starvation I don't think it makes much difference. however, as stated a lot of the vitamins we need are fat soluble and even though they are digested fast they aren't used or stored by the body unless they are taken with fats. So cooking or serving with some healthy fats will actually be more beneficial.

Drawbacks however, included: increased sugar intake, over consumption of calories, insulin spikes, lack of protein and fibre leading to increased appetite. as well as the inconvenience of purchasing expensive juicers and cleaning of them. Incorrect cleaning, according to the Food and Drug Administration, can, lead to foodborne illness. All raw food can harbor pathogens that cause vomiting, diarrhea, and in worst case scenarios conditions like E.coli, hepatitis, and even kidney failure.

The main reason the OP wanted to start juicing was for a detox, and since our body is a self-regulating system it is more than capable of removing the toxins from even the most abused bodies in a matter of days the detox benefit is entirely fabricated. No-one has ever shown that your body needs assistance in detoxing itself.

if you want ot juice for 3 days well you're an adult you can make decisions yourself, personally I think its a bit of a hassle and expense and the time and effort will be better served actually eating some veg. By all means juice if you want some juice, but don't try to convince yourself that it will turn your life around just cos some quack who wants to sell an eBook tells you so.
    There is but it's from the calories, not magic, undefined, arbitrary, quack 'toxins'.

You say what you think would be wrong with that diet. What specific toxins within coke and big macs are bad?

Ask thegreatiam, he's the one who brought up toxins, not me ......... what's wrong with that diet is it's low in nutrients and high in calories resulting in the body being over-fed and undernourished.

Ask thegreatiam, he's the one who brought up toxins, not me ......... what's wrong with that diet is it's low in nutrients and high in calories resulting in the body being over-fed and undernourished.

You brought up detox/detoxification, the removal of toxins, you mightn't have said it first but you brought it up.

So if you won't define toxin, define detox.

And also, should people avoid processed food?

He can't until you say what a toxin is. :confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

He should know ....... he's the one who brought up "toxins" ;) :rolleyes: :cool: :P :D

You brought up detox/detoxification, the removal of toxins, you mightn't have said it first but you brought it up.

So if you won't define toxin, define detox.

And also, should people avoid processed food?

Show me where I brought up "toxins" and "detoxing" first ???? :confused:

Define what "processed food" means to you ....... ?

He should know ....... he's the one who brought up "toxins" ;) :rolleyes: :cool: :P :D

Read previous post.

Read previous post.

Already answered :rolleyes:

it is literally the subject of the thread.

You said you should avoid processed food and drink fruit/vegetable juice.

Juicing is a process carried out on food.

therefore;

fruit/vegetable juice, the by-product of juicing, is a processed food;

therefore;

you're talking through your hat.

You don't appreciate evidence or logic, this pretty much means you can't partake in meaningful conversation. Why would you post on a public thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,013 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm not vegetarian but my understanding is that we are perfectly capable of living healthy lives exclusively on veg.
    No we aren't. A vegetarian diet needs a lot more than veg on its own.
    Then need protein and fat from nuts, seed and legumes, and fats for nuts and seeds.

I don't think I've seen many juice recipes that tossed in a handful of beans
    When an apple is Juiced all of the Soluble Fibre remains in the Juice, the pulp contains the Insoluble Fibre ........ Insoluble Fibre cannot penetrate the intestinal wall.
    Soluble Fibre form a gel, which slows down digestion which delays the emptying of your stomach and makes you feel full, which helps control weight. Slower stomach emptying also affect blood sugar levels and have a beneficial effect on insulin sensitivity, which help control diabetes. Soluble Fibre also helps lower LDL (“bad”) blood cholesterol by interfering with the absorption of dietary cholesterol.
    Insoluble Fibre pass through the gastrointestinal tract relatively intact
    As I said I'm aware of fibres role, its pretty basic stuff you are rhyming off here.
    You didn't answer my question, how much fibre is there in apple juice, orange juice. If you can't or won't answer that there not much point trying to discuss anything with you.

You are mostly rattling random sales pitches. It’s ridiculous that you think I have to juice to understand the science behind it.
    I can imagine the irony of you spout the wonders of your new found health benefits, while you drink a juice and have a smoke on your lunch break.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    No we aren't. A vegetarian diet needs a lot more than veg on its own.
    Then need protein and fat from nuts, seed and legumes, and fats for nuts and seeds.

I don't think I've seen many juice recipes that tossed in a handful of beans

I accept your point. Poor choice of words on my part. I was thinking of a vegetarian diet including fruit, veg, pulses nuts, oils (OH is vegetarian). I wasn't advocating a juice diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I've got the quantum. It's when the food atoms decay in the gut. That causes the light .

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Soluble Fibre form a gel, which slows down digestion which delays the emptying of your stomach and makes you feel full, which helps control weight. Slower stomach emptying also affect blood sugar levels and have a beneficial effect on insulin sensitivity, which help control diabetes. Soluble Fibre also helps lower LDL (“bad”) blood cholesterol by interfering with the absorption of dietary cholesterol.
    Insoluble Fibre pass through the gastrointestinal tract relatively intact ..

This whole paragraph that you wrote is copied and pasted directly from WebMD. I mean seriously, copy and paste that paragraph into your search bar and the first result is the exact same paragraph on webMd. MadDog you are a joke. You have no idea about nutrition and most of your responses in this thread that aren't just smilies are just paragraphs of text that you have plagiarised directly from different websites.

Please, please just stop.

I've got the quantum. It's when the food atoms decay in the gut. That causes the light .

And then what?

I feel a song coming...
    Shine Juice shine, fill my gut with your fibrous glory...

I get it now

SeaDaily wrote: »
    This whole paragraph that you wrote is copied and pasted directly from WebMD. I mean seriously, copy and paste that paragraph into your search bar and the first result is the exact same paragraph on webMd. MadDog you are a joke. You have no idea about nutrition and most of your responses in this thread that aren't just smilies are just paragraphs of text that you have plagiarised directly from different websites.

Please, please just stop.

Don't listen to SeaDaily. Keep Going.

maddog you had me at 'sugar'.

Tell us more about Kirlian Photography

MadDog if I get a chance tomorrow I'll do list up of all the different websites you copied and pasted from when you were attempting to sound intelligent in this thread.

In the meantime here is the page he used for his "biophotonic" rant.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/04/19/juicing-benefits.aspx

Don't listen to SeaDaily. Keep Going.

maddog you had me at 'sugar'.

Tell us more about Kirlian Photography

he actually didnt just copy and paste it, he only copied and pasted what he thought made his point.

Not another mercola nutjob....

When are people gonna realise you should shape your opinion on the information, not the other way around...

loving the vaccine propaganda links at the bottom of the page

• Advertisement

loving the vaccine propaganda links at the bottom of the page

And the disclaimer at the bottom:

Disclaimer: The entire contents of this website are based upon the opinions of Dr. Mercola, unless otherwise noted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement