Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Winter Kit Thread

• 22-08-2014 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

Right, got clearance from Dav to start this and I have spoken to John @ Lucca about design.
    There will be all sorts of gear to choose from.
    I have asked for a design based almost exactly on the summer kit for the Long sleeve jersey, Jacket and Gilet.
    I have asked for a design for full bib tights and 3/4 bibs.
    There will also be a MTB jersey as requested.

John @ Lucca has informed me that Verge have developed their own Gabba and that are fully printable and seem to be very well priced - I have copied this from my email.
    'The no sleeve version of the gabba which we call the “defender” will be €98 the s/s will be €123 and the l/s will be €135, pretty good value for what promises to be a great bit of kit

We will also have a full range of arm knee and leg warmers to compliment the defender but I don’t have price for them yet
    '
    So there will be a design done for that.

For the Gilet we will have 2 choices.
    The warsaw vest is more like a thermal jacket minus the sleeves where as the entropa is more a “standard” Gillet”

There is no time frame in place yet but basing on a 6 week turnaround from Lucca/Verge I was thinking of closing at the end of Sept/very early Oct for delivery in mid November.

They are expanding their range on Sept 1st to include a Triumph range but we may just stick with the ELITE range but we can discuss this closer to the deadline when we see prices etc.

NOW THE IMPORTANT BIT:
    Dav and I have discussed this.
    If payment hasnt been recieved into BOARDS A/C by the close of business on deadline day your order will be deleted

AGAIN NO TIMEFRAME IS IN PLACE YET!

Discuss.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Sounds great. Like the idea of the Gabba type jersey.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hahahahahahahaha you've done it again! Do you know what you have let yourself infor!

Of course if you need help with anything let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I know. After this yer on yer own and someone else will have to pony up (as my community service will have been completed :D).
    Thanks for the offer of taking over :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Gonna need a bigger wardrobe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

bcmf wrote: »
    I know. After this yer on yer own and someone else will have to pony up (as my community service will have been completed :D).
    Thanks for the offer of taking over :pac:

i've done it twice already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

W00t.

next person to post after me volunteers themselfs for the next run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

ror_74 wrote: »
    Gonna need a bigger wardrobe.

gonna need a bigger wallet!

godtabh wrote: »
    next person to post after me volunteers themselfs for the next run

B ollox...

^^^^^^^^^^
    sucker!

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^
    sucker!

He tricked me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

hunterbiker-if.jpg

He tricked me!

you fell for it!

I'm an evil bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

godtabh wrote: »
    I'm an evil bastard!

polls_dr_evil_5346_995859_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Garzard

Sounds good, will most likely go for the full L/S kit [Medium] plus the thermal gilet and will consider the MTB jersey. Did they say when they'd get back with the designs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'm in

Don't commit till you see the prices :D

Seriously though I kinda expect a first draft of the design in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Don't commit till you see the prices :D

Seriously though I kinda expect a first draft of the design in a few days.

Shouldn't you be busy with a certain ice bucket challenge or are you a pansy like Raam?

You fooker. Did you nominate me?
    If Raam has decided that dodgy ing it is 'Euro' then it's good enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Whoop, delighted about the MTB jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

What is the method of payment ? Bank Transfer into Boards A/C ? If Yes, is this the only method ?

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Shouldn't you be busy with a certain ice bucket challenge or are you a pansy like Raam?

Cyclists pouring buckets of water over themselves...sounds perilously like Triathlon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

You fooker. Did you nominate me?
    If Raam has decided that dodgy ing it is 'Euro' then it's good enough for me.

Check your bookface notifications...you can thank the good doctor...

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Check your bookface notifications...you can thank the good doctor...

Your all dead to me!!

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    What is the method of payment ? Bank Transfer into Boards A/C ? If Yes, is this the only method ?

Lodging money into Boards account with your boards username as the reference is the only way to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Can I drop into boards HQ and pay with HobNobs?

Orion wrote: »
    Can I drop into boards HQ and pay with HobNobs?

I don't even want to know what 'HobNobs' is code for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭ezra_

I'd be up for some of this.
    Subject to prices, colours, fitness, house price movements and there being enough pink stripes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

any chance the new design can be different, akin to the kit in Dodgeball( I cant post any photo's yet) the leather one not the yellow one!

its good to be different!

I dont think people will be shouting Boardsie at anyone wearing one anymore.

(its a long boring afternoon in here & my warped sense of humour is in overdrive)

Advertisement