Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Shield

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

I wonder how different it would have been if HBO/Showtime got their hands on it ? Better or worse ? I think they portrayed the seedy grimy underbelly of LA without being gratuitous

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

god I love billings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Just started watching The Shield, have had the whole series long enough at this stage

How do they manage to keep the main guy, Vic, as the hero of the piece even after that first episode? How are you supposed to be sympathetic or root for him or care about him etc after that?

Do they manage it? Maybe they dont want you to like him, but even as an anti hero he would surely alienate a lot of fans? A moral code is very important in these situations.

I actually really enjoyed it, including the end of episode one, just surprised me is all. I think im gonna enjoy this show :)

Hard to say much without spoiling it to be honest :P

• Advertisement

Powering through this show, on season 3 now
    the episode after Aceveda gets orally raped

The show is excellent.

A couple of moments I actually felt for a character eg,
    after the fight where you can see Tavon is ****ed, culminating in him crashing which I am gonna go out on a limb here and say he ultimately dies from, havent got that far yet though so nobody agree or disagree!!

Overall I am just enjoying the lunacy and the crazy, its not that heavy for the most part, loads of fun generally!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

kryogen wrote: »
    Powering through this show, on season 3 now
    the episode after Aceveda gets orally raped

The show is excellent.

A couple of moments I actually felt for a character eg,
    after the fight where you can see Tavon is ****ed, culminating in him crashing which I am gonna go out on a limb here and say he ultimately dies from, havent got that far yet though so nobody agree or disagree!!

Overall I am just enjoying the lunacy and the crazy, its not that heavy for the most part, loads of fun generally!

This show better as seasons go on, which is hard because of how good the show is up to where you have seen

I just realised tonight, while watching an episode...I have only got 28 more episodes of The Shield in my life :(

Show has just got better and better

Just watched the episode, Postpartum....season 5 finale.

I dont want to watch anymore :(

• Advertisement

Ouch. Unfortunately, a so called "friend" ruined that season 5 ending on me. I still almost cried

This show could be setting records for me you know, Im on episode 4 of season 7 now. Every night when the rest of the house sleeps I stay up watching it :) every day in work, I zombie through it till I get to go home ha

I took a day off after the end of season 5, but season 6 flew by and season 7 feels like its going along at a cracking pace also, thats one of the big positives in this show you know. No matter what the subject matter it does not really get bogged down ever

Things move very quickly in this universe, which is believable when you consider what its about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

I have to say. I recently finished this show and found it over-hyped. It goes a bit off the wall and gets incredibly unrealistic.
    Enjoyable enough show to watch but meh

EyeSight wrote: »
    I have to say. I recently finished this show and found it over-hyped. It goes a bit off the wall and gets incredibly unrealistic.
    Enjoyable enough show to watch but meh

I missed the hype, so cant speak to how highly it was thought of at the time, I totally see where you are coming from about the realism but I find it gets you to suspend your disbelief quite well in fairness to it. :)

I have just gone with it and enjoyed it.

Watching the last episode, not over yet. Just after the bit in Shanes apartment

But, oh my God I cant believe what he did. I expected it to go that way for him, but jesus christ I actually didnt see the rest of it coming

I feel a bit sick.

Finished the series.

Thoroughly enjoyable show, would recommend for sure. A couple of moments in episodes got to me a bit, Lem, the moments before the trip to the windshield, the bit in Shanes apartment etc

But for the most part it was just a fun ride!

Sad its over

The profoundly wonderful thing about Walton Goggins is
    a year before filming this his own wife committed suicide, so to go out in such a fashion must of been hard to act, yet alone act so well. Its nothing short of a credit to his acting skills and personality

Wow

Had no idea, must have been a really, really tough job for him to portray that on screen.

Upon googling, it looks like it was about 4 years not 1. Doesnt change too much though

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Johnny31

Excellent show.. Loved Vic Mackey...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Advertisement