Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

corktina wrote: »
    what was wrong with that? Maybe a little fast but...
    He had to go fast, otherwise he would still be on the wrong side when the oncoming car passed.

It was a bit tight, but I've seen a lot tighter where the oncoming car needed to hit the brakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

and had to speed up to pass the rolling road block

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Does not look as bad in the video clip but he did not have much room for error in the rain with the oncoming car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

vectra wrote: »
    Does not look as bad in the video clip but he did not have much room for error in the rain with the oncoming car.

Very little point in going on about speed in the motors forum. The Irish attitude of 'ah sure it'll be grand' is never more prevalent than boys (and girls) with their toys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

And now for something from South Korea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

He now needs to go and play the lotto... I thought his head went under the wheels for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dfmnoc

bear1 wrote: »
    He now needs to go and play the lotto... I thought his head went under the wheels for a second.

He still looks ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

bear1 wrote: »
    Nope.

He ran out of his amount of luck he got from God for his entire life.

;)

ken wrote: »
    And now for something from South Korea.
    Now showing as private :rolleyes:

Now showing as private :rolleyes:

Spoil sports they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Gosub wrote: »
    *More home-grown video needed in this thread*

Take a dashcam on the M50 during rush hour, you're sure to get something.
    I was nearly crushed by a fecken tipper truck this morning...

He didn't merge in "like a zipper" allowing one car per lane to proceed, even though my lane had the right of way.
    Just blindly followed the car in front of him, then mustn't have see me in his blind spot and I couldn't see his indicators as I was parallel to him.

I think you're being very generous there; there where points you were in front of him and it's bleedin' obvious in that traffic the lane is going to be busy. Still no harm etc. and at least he gets the embarrassment of being shown up for being an eejit on boards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

When something tells you to hold back for a moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

K.Flyer wrote: »
    When something tells you to hold back for a moment..

Yer man on the other carriageway just saunters over for a bit of rubbernecking..... unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Staying with HGVs for a moment. Wannabe Drifters take notes at 01.56

Some great saves in this one

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

Yikes!!

that first vid is just crazy, it flipped the truck like it was a bike...

Incidentally, whats the purpose of the driver facing dash-cam (other than for hilarity)? I suppose I can see the reason for commercial drivers but they don't seem to serve much purpose in domestic cars. A failed attempt at a front and rear covering solution in on mount?

Incidentally, whats the purpose of the driver facing dash-cam (other than for hilarity)? I suppose I can see the reason for commercial drivers but they don't seem to serve much purpose in domestic cars. A failed attempt at a front and rear covering solution in on mount?

I can only imagine its for one of 3 things.

1. proof in the event of an accident that the driver didn't nod off.
    2. Proof of who was driving the car if points need to go on a licence.
    3. The least tenable, proof the car was stolen and by who but seeing as a thief would most likely steal/disable the camera I'd go with the other 2 first.

ken wrote: »
    I can only imagine its for one of 3 things.

1. proof in the event of an accident that the driver didn't nod off.
    2. Proof of who was driving the car if points need to go on a licence.
    3. The least tenable, proof the car was stolen and by who but seeing as a thief would most likely steal/disable the camera I'd go with the other 2 first.
    and proof that the driver was/was not using a phone or doing something else that would be a distraction.

and proof that the driver was/was not using a phone or doing something else that would be a distraction.

Forgot about phone or other stuff.

• Advertisement

That's the nutter on the A14 in Kettering from a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

I must have missed that one, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Here exactly:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93145156#post93145156

Also, beeps are not present. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Apologies for the quality, window was a bit fogged up this morning.

Pedestrian takes a gamble running between the van and myself. Not what I was expecting after only just setting off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭josip

He didn't merge in "like a zipper" allowing one car per lane to proceed, even though my lane had the right of way.
    Just blindly followed the car in front of him, then mustn't have see me in his blind spot and I couldn't see his indicators as I was parallel to him.

Doesn't justify the maneuvre, but in fairness to the driver he did acknowledge how decent you were to let him in, with a double indicate at 0:35.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Gosub wrote: »
    Ah here, chew over this one for a while. What happened here? The GTI seems to throw a wobbly in the merge. It's not like he was in a hurry, he settled down to just below the speed limit.

He thought 'Gosub' was D feds innit!?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Nahhh, why didn't you let him in, instead of stressing yourself.. Two yokes in front of you had already fcuked off and you had only just let the VW in,, Relax man.. you need jiu jitsu :D...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

ardle1 wrote: »
    Nahhh, why didn't you let him in, instead of stressing yourself.. Two yokes in front of you had already fcuked off and you had only just let the VW in,,

He was parallel/behind me and I couldn't see his indicators, couldn't tell whether he was going straight or merging.
    There's a quarry/cement type place just off the Tallaght bypass, he could've been staying in that lane to go to that.
    For that length of vehicle, he really should have side indicators that I could've seen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Not me driving, just popped up on YT:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Either drunk/hungover or seriously tired. The way he/she just strays into other lanes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement