Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*******Motors Chat - Round 7*******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Oh dear lordy the pain

I just hit my hand by accident of a door and poor a 2 cm deep cut on my thumb to the point it's like a thumb separating !

Dunno if it's a hospital visit or it'll heal !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Parked up at work this morning and stayed in the car for a few minutes checking something on my phone when I noticed the car nudge a bit as if someone was putting something in the boot. Turns out it was a cat clambering into the engine bay! Man they love heat.

Must have been a big bastard of a cat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Oh dear lordy the pain

I just hit my hand by accident of a door and poor a 2 cm deep cut on my thumb to the point it's like a thumb separating !

Dunno if it's a hospital visit or it'll heal !

Bit of an oul bandage, job sorted, quit your whining!! :P

Ah no, but if you can't get the bleeding under control fairly rapid and if it's as serious as it sounds then I'd be seeking some medical attention!

Bit of an oul bandage, job sorted, quit your whining!! :P

Ah no, but if you can't get the bleeding under control fairly rapid and if it's as serious as it sounds then I'd be seeking some medical attention!

I'm trying the hand above the head for the last 30 mins with wet and dry tissue around the cut and still bleeding strong and stinging

Just an idea of how deep it went the nail also suffered by being cut inwards somehow !

I'm trying the hand above the head for the last 30 mins with wet and dry tissue around the cut and still bleeding strong and stinging

Just an idea of how deep it went the nail also suffered by being cut inwards somehow !

I know there's a rule on medical advice somewhere here, but apply tight pressure just below the cut, i.e at the bottom of the finger, should reduce blood flow. Get some help though, you don't want to be dealing with infections and the likes from the nail protruding in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Absolutely get some professional medical help.

Think i will have to go see help. ..

Did get cut from the door (where the lock goes into the metal hole for the lock)

Here it is. ... it goes right around from top to bottom and in more than the top

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

That will need to be stitched, although you probably would get away with steri strips if the person putting them on knows what they're doing.

That will need to be stitched, although you probably would get away with steri strips if the person putting them on knows what they're doing.

Yeah i was afraid of stitches tbh....

Gonna go hospital now. ...... would drive but I'm not risking it for many reasons. ....... biggest being manual car ! :(

Yeah i was afraid of stitches tbh....

Gonna go hospital now. ...... would drive but I'm not risking it for many reasons. ....... biggest being manual car ! :(

Take the bus! :pac:

Not a time for jokes?

Ok

I'll get my coat...

• Advertisement

Take the bus! :pac:

Not a time for jokes?

Ok

I'll get my coat...

Em..... i am. ... it doesn't hurt too much and i don't have money for a taxi right now ha ha

Em..... i am. ... it doesn't hurt too much and i don't have money for a taxi right now ha ha

Do they operate this late? Jaysus ye Dublin boys are spoiled rotten :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭markkelly2

Do they operate this late? Jaysus ye Dublin boys are spoiled rotten :p

Busses and a&e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Should really of went to hospital when this happened :pac: When I eventually went to the doctor when college started to get free plaster they said it couldn't be stiched because of the swelling so better to go sooner than later.

15x4nxc.jpg

The most DD ad views ever

http://blog.donedeal.ie/2014/11/viewed-ad-ever/#xtor=CS1-5-231FBPOST]

Funny because it's true.

Interslice wrote: »
    Should really of went to hospital when this happened :pac: When I eventually went to the doctor when college started to get free plaster they said it couldn't be stiched because of the swelling so better to go sooner than later.

15x4nxc.jpg

The most DD ad views ever

http://blog.donedeal.ie/2014/11/viewed-ad-ever/#xtor=CS1-5-231FBPOST]

Funny because it's true.

Apt username

Here already cos of the bus ! Even had a good moan about privatization !

Apt username

Here already cos of the bus ! Even had a good moan about privatization !

Handy enough. I was up in sligo, out in the middle of nowhere. Miles from the nearest hospital!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Think i will have to go see help. ..

Did get cut from the door (where the lock goes into the metal hole for the lock)

Here it is. ... it goes right around from top to bottom and in more than the top

Speaking with my EMT hat on. You'll need that glued/sutured. Away to your GP/Primary Care. Go to your A&E and you'll never be seen.

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Speaking with my EMT hat on. You'll need that glued/sutured. Away to your GP/Primary Care. Go to your A&E and you'll never be seen.

But it stings, bleeding quite a bit and my GP / company doctor are not around until tomorrow.

I thought blood got priority at hospital a+e ?

But it stings, bleeding quite a bit and my GP / company doctor are not around until tomorrow.

I thought blood got priority at hospital a+e ?

Not in Ireland. The HSE think if you're able to walk you're able to wait.

Seriously though, get that looked as ASAP. Is there something like Shannon Doc near you?

Not in Ireland. The HSE think if you're able to walk you're able to wait.

Seriously though, get that looked as ASAP. Is there something like Shannon Doc near you?

Well i just came out from the first check nurse in a+e and its plastered up correctly for now, and there's only 4 people ahead of me to see a doc 1 of which went missing so only 3 then me !

Seems like the shortest waiting list I've been on !

Cheers for the help anyway lads.... if i didn't listen id still be home with my hand in the air !

Texting is slower without a left thumb now ! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Well i just came out from the first check nurse in a+e and its plastered up correctly for now, and there's only 4 people ahead of me to see a doc 1 of which went missing so only 3 then me !

Seems like the shortest waiting list I've been on !

Cheers for the help anyway lads.... if i didn't listen id still be home with my hand in the air !

Texting is slower without a left thumb now ! Lol

Wow, that was quick. Lucky you. Good thing you had it looked at, that could get really bad very quickly, especially over night.

-

Also I've decided that I'm just going to go back to Dublin tomorrow. Let work wait. I probably won't be making the journey in a company car though...

Do you know what, I'm so ****ing tempted to burn this ****ing Landcruiser I have and walk home from work and quit tomorrow.

If you want to sign it over to me, i'll take it.

You know.. instead of burning it out, like.

... no harm in trying.. :o

And I'm free now !

Its paper stitched up and wrapped up in bandages just to be sure to be sure

also had to get a tetnas shot too !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Good god over 100k views for that astra. Wtf is this about though:

35382784.jpeg

Oh yeah there's like so many fans of '92 astra's. What is there an underground fanbase of these cars or what :confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

And I'm free now !

Its paper stitched up and wrapped up in bandages just to be sure to be sure

also had to get a tetnas shot too !

Where is this magic A&E? Sounds like it would be quicker to drive there from limerick than suffer the circles of hell here.

Where is this magic A&E? Sounds like it would be quicker to drive there from limerick than suffer the circles of hell here.

I thought it was really odd too but even the staff were going around scratching their heads wondering why it was such a quiet night. The waiting room only had two people around me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

OSI wrote: »
    In my defence, I face planted a server cabinet.

The cabinet had it coming, one way or another

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

So i attempted to bleed my clutch today just so it'd have fresh fluid in it. After doing it there is now no resistance at all to the clutch pedal (it still springs back up fully) . And obviously I can't change gear :confused::(

nd wrote: »
    So i attempted to bleed my clutch today just so it'd have fresh fluid in it. After doing it there is now no resistance at all to the clutch pedal (it still springs back up fully) . And obviously I can't change gear :confused::(

Air in your clutch so :pac:. Speaking of, I have completed my clutch, brake fluid bleeder gizmo. Looks great but don't know if it works yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

nd wrote: »

Did you keep fluid in the reservoir at all times?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement