Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letters coming in for interviews & informal offers. Post here! Mod note 1st post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

So my interview is tomorrow for Marketing, Innovation and technology in DCU.

Is there anything i should particularly prepare for. I've read over the course and im fairly happy with what i know already. Just want to watch for any curve balls

• Registered Users Posts: 32 beirne83

Anyone hear anything from TCD about Occupational Therapy yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Boots90210

beirne83 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything from TCD about Occupational Therapy yet??

my girlfriend hasn't heard anything yet

Thanks for your reply Boots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭sean1976

Dtfo send the person who interviewed you an email there email address is on the college website. good luck with the interviews.

• Advertisement

Hey
    Finally got a response from TCD OT. Have interview Monday 30th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Boots90210

Hey

Congrats!

I actually saw this before the text from my girlfriend, she got an interview too :)

Ah that's great is hers on Monday 30th also?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

got letter from rcsi today re medicine mature application.

documents to be submitted on/before 30th april

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peacock169

So i rang DCU today to put me out of my misery. Apparently emails for invitation to interview have been sent. If you haven't received one, no interview. They say some people won't get called for interview, but may be automatically offered a course. Not holding my breath on that one!
    Just waiting on Maynooth to reply with results of interview i had. PLEEEAAAASSSEEEEEE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭antkeane

Hey Peacock what course was that for?
    I called the registry yesterday and they told me that descions hadnt been made yet. (they didnt ask my course).

Im waiting on Physics & Astronomy at DCU.
    Still no word yet...

2 courses. Biotech, and genetics + cell biology. I didn't ask about any particular dept., was just given that generic info. All applicants will receive notification by post, one way or another. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Feu

Hey
    Boots90210 wrote: »
    Congrats!

I actually saw this before the text from my girlfriend, she got an interview too :)
    hollingr wrote: »
    got letter from rcsi today re medicine mature application.

documents to be submitted on/before 30th april

congratulations, great to see so many maturos heading into health field, such a good match of experience and vocation. good luck with interviews everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭antkeane

peacock169 wrote: »
    2 courses. Biotech, and genetics + cell biology. I didn't ask about any particular dept., was just given that generic info. All applicants will receive notification by post, one way or another. Best of luck.

I hate this waiting game. Complete nightmare!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dougiex06

So i rang DCU today to put me out of my misery. Apparently emails for invitation to interview have been sent. If you haven't received one, no interview. They say some people won't get called for interview, but may be automatically offered a course. Not holding my breath on that one!
    Just waiting on Maynooth to reply with results of interview i had. PLEEEAAAASSSEEEEEE.

Gutted, Worked so hard on my application and getting relevant experience over the last year really thought I had a shot this year. Still don't want to ring up and get confirmation even though I know its over.

Still have an application going in UL so just praying something comes of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Azures

dougiex06 wrote: »

Gutted, Worked so hard on my application and getting relevant experience over the last year really thought I had a shot this year. Still don't want to ring up and get confirmation even though I know its over.

Still have an application going in UL so just praying something comes of that.

From the UL website...
    "In the case of applications to programmes other than nursing, each mature application is considered on an individual basis. Academic qualifications, work and life experience, motivation and overall potential for the programme of study are evaluated, usually by means of an interview (held in May/June/July). Applicants are expected to be available for interview at the specified time if an interview is required."

The application deadline has also been extended to 1st May, so maybe those who put all their unhatched eggs in the Trinity basket, might have another opportunity for Uni here, if you're quick!

I'm hoping for an interview here, I applied to 6 Universities... Is that a record?!

Received offer from Maynooth for Biotechnology. Absolutely delighted!!
    Now to figure out how to fund my new life:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

My girlfriend got a letter from AIT about an open evening/talk for her course, no sign of an interview yet.
    Will be handy for the interview.

chrismon wrote: »
    My girlfriend got a letter from AIT about an open evening/talk for her course, no sign of an interview yet.
    Will be handy for the interview.

Definitely. Make sure she does not miss this. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Azures wrote: »
    The application deadline has also been extended to 1st May, so maybe those who put all their unhatched eggs in the Trinity basket, might have another opportunity for Uni here, if you're quick!

I'm hoping for an interview here, I applied to 6 Universities... Is that a record?!

UL application is direct to the college too.

6 universities? When I was applying, I was applying to the UK as well. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

got a phonecall for an interview with UCC for psychology on the 30th, still waiting to hear from UCD, NUIG and IADT. anybody heard from them?

also - had my interview with trinity for philosophy and it went well, thought it was very short though i was a little disappointed i didn't get to show just how much i knew about the course, i literally could have been sat there for an hour chatting away but it only lasted ten minutes or so. felt very over prepared for what was really just a friendly conversation!

had interview with dcu as well which went really well, it was a 15 minute written interest piece before a half hour interview. forgot how friendly everyone in that college is and came out feeling pretty positive.

i can't wait for all this to be over, i'm so far behind on all the work in my ABA course!

Larianne wrote: »

UL application is direct to the college too.

6 universities? When I was applying, I was applying to the UK as well. :D

Larianne- you must have stamina to go through the UK system aswell!

I've got an email inviting me to interview for Arts (denominated) at UL today... So they're obviously gearing up for offers now...

Received offer from Maynooth for Biotechnology. Absolutely delighted!!
    Now to figure out how to fund my new life:D

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Larianne- you must have stamina to go through the UK system aswell!

Very much so. i did it two years in a row! :pac:

Congrats to those who've been offered places and best of luck at the interviews!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭steoin

fiinch wrote: »
    got a phonecall for an interview with UCC for psychology on the 30th, still waiting to hear from UCD, NUIG and IADT. anybody heard from them?

also - had my interview with trinity for philosophy and it went well, thought it was very short though i was a little disappointed i didn't get to show just how much i knew about the course, i literally could have been sat there for an hour chatting away but it only lasted ten minutes or so. felt very over prepared for what was really just a friendly conversation!

had interview with dcu as well which went really well, it was a 15 minute written interest piece before a half hour interview. forgot how friendly everyone in that college is and came out feeling pretty positive.

i can't wait for all this to be over, i'm so far behind on all the work in my ABA course!

Ya just got mine for UCC for the 30th also and lol on the philosophy interview I imagine it could have only gone well.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

Hey
    Done a interview for Computer applications (CA) in DCU on the 20th April, I think(and hope) it went well.
    I prepared for the interview weeks in advance,Studied the modules and DCU done a cover-letter,C.V and a portfolio about the assessments I done in college this year in a HETAC level 6 course plus MTA certification.
    At the very end of the interview I was asked do I have any questions and the very last question I asked the interviewer was when will I find out If I got the position in CA he replied that it go's through CAO and should be around July??

Just wondering if anyone has experience of successfully being accepted as a mature student in DCU can tell us,how and when were you accepted in the course??
    Already climbing the walls to find out:(:eek:

Thanks Eugene

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

I don't know directly for your course but from gf getting her letter last year for ucd, it was sent out in july. It basically said subject to cao procedures you will be offered a place which is case of having your cao in order, choices etc and just waiting until you are offered and accept it. You seem exceptionally well prepapred and think it went well so i hope you get it and good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

Thanks Ronano
    Its my first preference so I really made the effort to try and stand out.
    Well that's great to hear that your GF got the letter in July and accepted last year hope shes doing well and hopefully I get one in July also.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dedede

hi all
    I have applied true the cao for general nursing with trinity college could anyone tell me did I need to apply to hospitals myself or does the cao sort it out. i havent heard anything yet.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

dedede the CAO sorts that out. You don,t need to apply to the hospitals.

Advertisement