Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

What's happening for St Patrick's Day so?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭thesandeman

He was standing outside the Pucan after the parade giving some poor woman an earfull about something that 'has been going on since 2007'. She kept trying to move on but he kept calling her back to listen to his rant lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I was not there yesterday. How did the parade go, was it all sugar and spice and al things nice?
    Was there any fuss about the Occupy camp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bensweeney

I thought the Parade was crap. Too many community groups walking, they put no effort into it. Not enough entertainment. Very poor effort and badly organised. On Shop street a lot of people left at one stage because they thought it was over only for a few more "floats" to come about ten minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Amik

Anyone know what the winning floats were in yesterday's parade? I think there were around 7 categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

my original thread on the matter has been locked, perhaps for good reason but were there much booze related problems in the city?

is occupy Galway still there?

can anyone tell me why they stopped boy scouts and and school groups from marching in the parade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Fuinseog wrote: »
    my original thread on the matter has been locked, perhaps for good reason but were there much booze related problems in the city?

is occupy Galway still there?

can anyone tell me why they stopped boy scouts and and school groups from marching in the parade?
    There were loads of schools in it!! Occupy are still there. Lots of hammered folk around the streets from early evening, didnt hear of any major trouble though.

JustMary wrote: »
    Re what's on:

Sources tell me that Occupy Galway are planning to run a variety of children's activities (drumming, facepainting, some other stuff), and show some movies for adults in their "meeting room".

Location = big tent, Eyre Square - assuming they're still there on Saturday morning.

I must say that Cllr Connelley's pronouncements this week have made me rather more sympathetic toward OG's presence ;)

did they live up to their promises of facepainting and did folks frequent their shanty town?

There were loads of schools in it!! Occupy are still there. Lots of hammered folk around the streets from early evening, didnt hear of any major trouble though.

any international groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Fuinseog wrote: »
    any international groups?
    FDNY and Massachusetts State Police, just walking groups not bands. Many non national community groups too.

Advertisement