Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish language certification

• 11-04-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm thinking of going for the B1 exam in 6 to 9 months. I've been studying polish part-time for 4 years. I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has done the B1. From reviewing the exam structure, i feel that the oral and 60 minute written section will be most difficult for me. How strictly are these sections marked?

Conor

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Where do you intend to sit the B1?
    I can recommend the Summer School in the Jagiellonian, if you have a few weeks free in the summer. They have an intensive revision course and then sit the exam following it.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Hey spurious,

I think you meant to reply to my thread.

The B1 is on in Warsaw and Turin in November. Haven't decided yet. I don't have any holidays left for a summer school this year. I was in KUL (Lublin) for a few weeks last summer and the year before. I have private lessons to take me through the summer until the TCD course is back. Have you done the B1?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hi con1982, yes you're right I meant to reply to the other thread.
    I haven't done the B1, I'm still hovering in the A2 zone, but I was friendly with a lot of people who were doing it a couple of summers ago through the summer school in UJ in Kraków.

If you have private lessons to build on the TCD course I'd say you will be fine. I'm sure the lecturers and language assistants past and present in TCD would be only too happy to help you with mock papers etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Hey Spurious,

Sorry for dragging up an old thread. I postponed the B1 exam due to other study commitments. Thankfully I passed.

Have you applied yet? I am definitely going for it this year. I may not be just at the standard yet, but i really wanna give it a go. I need a target to focus my effort.

I've posted some threads around different sites, to try and find someone who sat the exam. No luck yet. I have a few questions.

I think we might know each other, I started the evening class at TCD in 2008. I still have classes on Wednesday nights with Pani E##

Good old Pani E, I miss her. Is she back in Trinity or do you have classes with her privately? I keep meaning to drop in one of the pub nights.

I dallied with jezyk rosyjski for a while as I found myself a Russian speaking partner and sure lo and behold, isn't it only bad Polish!:P

I can understand quite a lot of both Polish and Russian now, but would still need the slownik and about ten minutes to make any more than basic responses in either.
    Still love Poland though and go there quite regularly.

Never got round to sitting the B1. I think your best bet might be in London as I think they hold one there annually.

• Advertisement
Advertisement