Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Double feeding

• 24-02-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Doing up my old Double Eagle UMP and it's going fairly good. New motor etc... Now it's shooting great, except when it double feeds. Is this a problem with the mag or is there something else that could be wrong? All help appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

It can be caused by the mag; particularly the first few BBs, when the spring is very compressed, it can shove extra BBs up in there. Try half-loading a magazine. Also, the hop-up rubber can be stretched - if you remove the barrel, try dropping a BB into the hop-up rubber. It shouldn't fit, it should sit in the mouth of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

BBs aren't dropping through so that's not the problem but even when it's getting near the end of the mag it's still happening? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

The UMP mags are known to have too strong a spring in them. Try leaving them loaded overnight to weaken the spring a little. See if that helps.

Will do. It's a bit weird because I don't remember it happening before? And it's virtually impossible to open up the mag so I couldn't investigate. Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Well when you said your doing up your old UMP, I assumed its been lying around not getting much use (much like my UMP atm ;)). So the springs could have stiffened up a bit in storage.

And yeah I could never get the UMP mags open myself either.

• Advertisement

I must say you have got an unarguable point! It's hard to believe how much can happen even if you keep it stored safely! Ok so make the spring softer and I should be ok? And I was reading some threads around here I reckon I'm going to have to open up the gearbox and oil it properly. Something about oil turning to dust?

Had a go at the gearbox today and it's all lovely and oiled, but I realised that the air nozzle might not have been connected to the spring properly to push it against the hop up? Might this account for the double feeding? Haven't got out to shoot it today and it's too dark now but I'm still dying to know! :p

Advertisement