Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer freezing

• 25-07-2009 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

Hi, wonder can anybody help, Im having a very annoying problem.

My computer keeps freezing. It will start up and work ok for a while and then it will just freeze and Ill have to hold the power button to get it off.

A while back a warning box came up that said my Raid controller was missing drivers, i tried to download and install these drives but Im still having the problem.

Sorry if this sounds very vague but is there any way I can find out what is wrong and sort it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Sorry to be vague in response but are you able to check the basics?
    Run a chkdsk do a rollback. Start in safe mode, make sure all cables are intact and nothings overheating, do windows updates and do a virus scan (although probably not needed). Try a live cd and see if it still freezes. Try windows install cd and do a repair.

go to control panel admin tools and logs. Check out system and what the error was. google it and check it out (and post it here).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Does this happen when you are stressing the PC a bit or just randomly.

Could be faulty driver, over heating or faulty PSU.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

if you can post the spec of your system that can also help

Advertisement