Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying a new PC with XP, possible?

• 17-07-2009 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Just been on dell.ie looking for a new PC, but can't see any that comes with XP. Is Vista the only option now? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Just been on dell.ie looking for a new PC, but can't see any that comes with XP. Is Vista the only option now? :(

AFAIK,only XP on the Dell Mini's Netbook or their Latitude with Vista Business + downgrade to XP option....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Is there anywhere I can buy a new PC that comes with XP?, or would I have to build one?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,020 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Is there anywhere I can buy a new PC that comes with XP?, or would I have to build one?

if you click on the small business option on the dell website, and pick a vostro or latitude there is an option the get these machines with xp installed afaik, when you customise the pc/laptop the option is there

or some netbooks run xp home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Contact your local computer guy. He will most likely have contact with supply chains that can offer XP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

I ended up formating my PC as I was having issues with it last week. I don't think I'll get a new PC yet, I'll prob just get bigger hard drives etc.

Thanks guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Windows 7 is coming out in October and is mighty impressive.
    It you use old applications that won't run on Vista or 7 Win & Pro has a virtual XP mode.

Advertisement