Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Has anyone else received payment recently? My application was received on the 20th of July and when i telephoned last week, I was told that they were dealing with applications received on the 15th. I tried telephoning for an update this morning but I'm getting a message on my phone screen saying "service is temporarily unavailable". Not sure if it's my phone or whether they have temporarily disconnected the helpline number.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gerryandliza

egan2020 wrote: »
    Has anyone else received payment recently? My application was received on the 20th of July and when i telephoned last week, I was told that they were dealing with applications received on the 15th. I tried telephoning for an update this morning but I'm getting a message on my phone screen saying "service is temporarily unavailable". Not sure if it's my phone or whether they have temporarily disconnected the helpline number.

I tried on Monday and today. It seems as though they have turned off the phone system. :mad:

I tried on Monday and today. It seems as though they have turned off the phone system. :mad:

Probably a complete waste of time but I just emailed the general queries section of the Department. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 im a believer

i received a letter telling me i was refused today, sent original application on 3rd of july, that one was lost sent another application on 16th of this month now i have to ask for a review as appeals are not allowed on this scheme. i tried ringing today also to ask what i should put into review, and what outgoings would be taken into account and i cant get through either, i think emailing is a waste of time but worth a try anyway. i have to say this year is a complete shambles i always get refused as i am only slightly over the limit but in previous years could go to hse community officer with appeal, was dealt with much quicker, i am now facing another 8 week wait and am in dire straights at the moment. dont know what to do i am at the end of my tether and the bills are mounting. so depressing

i received a letter telling me i was refused today, sent original application on 3rd of july, that one was lost sent another application on 16th of this month now i have to ask for a review as appeals are not allowed on this scheme. i tried ringing today also to ask what i should put into review, and what outgoings would be taken into account and i cant get through either, i think emailing is a waste of time but worth a try anyway. i have to say this year is a complete shambles i always get refused as i am only slightly over the limit but in previous years could go to hse community officer with appeal, was dealt with much quicker, i am now facing another 8 week wait and am in dire straights at the moment. dont know what to do i am at the end of my tether and the bills are mounting. so depressing

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this, I think many of us here are in the same boat re the mounting bills etc. I havent been able to pay some of our bills as I have had to scrape for my 3 kids who are starting school tomorrow. Lets just hope that we all have a good outcome in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 kaydensmummy

how ridiculous i tried ringing the last two days also n its just not connecting so its just a waiting game with no info at all i only managed to scrape together my eldest sons stuff in time he went into first year n still he is being told he needs more copies n evertyhing i have 2 more sons starting on thursday n i dont have a scratch in for them :mad: i cant believe the way they have worked it this year i have rent to pay this week so cant even get it this week im praying its there on thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 scrapingby

hi i am in the same position as you. i sent my application on july 1, i was refused by july 6. i sent a request for a review on july 7, stating my bills and rent. i have emailed the dept twice have rang and was told last week i would have to wait till at least the end of sept, for a review. the emails i sent didnt answer my questions, which was about recieving the payment after appealing it in previous years. i was only told i would have to wait. i am also always a few euro over,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Phone line down since Monday, ridiculous really! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CaroleAF

Hi, I just got through to supplementary welfare on 0710157100 choosing the 0 option and a very nice lady there checked for me, have PPS number ready :)

• Advertisement

CaroleAF wrote: »
    Hi, I just got through to supplementary welfare on 0710157100 choosing the 0 option and a very nice lady there checked for me, have PPS number ready :)

Are you sure this is the correct number? I just tried and getting weird tone :confused:

The correct number to call is : 071 9157100 :) The lady who answered just told us that they are now busy with applications received on the 14th and 15th of July :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CaroleAF

Sorry ,must have hit wrong key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 scoobisnacks

We got refused for being over by 12 euro (which is not the case after going through our incomings ourselves). Anyway - we got refused in mid July and I asked for a review - in the meantime my husband has lost his job :( Does this mean that I can apply again and they will reevaluate? Or should I hold out for the review...?

The correct number to call is : 071 9157100 :) The lady who answered just told us that they are now busy with applications received on the 14th and 15th of July :eek:

hi i thought they were on the 14, 15 last week. this is a disaster

hi i am in the same position, i would always recieve it after an appeal. i rang my local tds office this am, to see what they consider when reviewing, and why cant you appeal the decision, they dont even specify in the refusal how they come to my income amount. i will let you know if i hear back from my t.d.

scrapingby wrote: »
    hi i thought they were on the 14, 15 last week. this is a disaster

On Friday last week when I phoned them they told me that they were busy with applications that were received on the 12th and that they now had extra people helping with processing the applications and that they were going to be working over the weekend as well. What the lady who I spoke to today did say was that they were getting through the applications quicker now as the volume of applications started dropping from mid to late July.

We got refused for being over by 12 euro (which is not the case after going through our incomings ourselves). Anyway - we got refused in mid July and I asked for a review - in the meantime my husband has lost his job :( Does this mean that I can apply again and they will reevaluate? Or should I hold out for the review...?

I can't say for certain but it might be safer to reapply. My understanding of the scheme is that it closes on the 30th of September so if the result of your review comes through after that and you are still refused, you will be out of time to apply again. The downside to this of course is that you will be waiting even longer if you reapply. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

ye do realise there was over 70,000 + applications put in?
    they are dealing with claims as they received them by date.
    think they are on 14th/15th july now.

ye do realise there was over 70,000 + applications put in?
    they are dealing with claims as they received them by date.
    think they are on 14th/15th july now.

yes i think the whole country knew there would be a large volumn,everyone knew except the government

• Advertisement

On Friday last week when I phoned them they told me that they were busy with applications that were received on the 12th and that they now had extra people helping with processing the applications and that they were going to be working over the weekend as well. What the lady who I spoke to today did say was that they were getting through the applications quicker now as the volume of applications started dropping from mid to late July.

thanks

1890 number is working again. Has anybody managed to get through today? I tried telephoning from my mobile today but was on hold for 25 minutes with speaking to anyone so had to hang up.

egan2020 wrote: »
    1890 number is working again. Has anybody managed to get through today? I tried telephoning from my mobile today but was on hold for 25 minutes with speaking to anyone so had to hang up.

Just phoned them and got to speak to a lady there. They started this morning on applications received on the 18th July.

i received a letter telling me i was refused today, sent original application on 3rd of july, that one was lost sent another application on 16th of this month now i have to ask for a review as appeals are not allowed on this scheme. i tried ringing today also to ask what i should put into review, and what outgoings would be taken into account and i cant get through either, i think emailing is a waste of time but worth a try anyway. i have to say this year is a complete shambles i always get refused as i am only slightly over the limit but in previous years could go to hse community officer with appeal, was dealt with much quicker, i am now facing another 8 week wait and am in dire straights at the moment. dont know what to do i am at the end of my tether and the bills are mounting. so depressing[/QUOT
    my local t.d. did ring me back last nite. he really wasnt very helpful. in one breath he said it was means tested, which we all know anyway. when i tried to ask about the appeals process, he did say they may take in to account bills, and rent ect. but he didnt sound convincing. when i tried to explain how i recieved the supptlementary payment last yr after i appealed, i dont think he knew what i was talking about.it was really a waste of time. i think you should appeal it putting in a letter your outgoings. good luck

sorry meant to say ask for a review. and to top it of my son just came home with a letter that he needs 78 euro TOMORROW, talk about giving people notice, its for more book rental, locker ect

As of today, they are busy with applications received on the 19th July....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭jayjayxxx

As of today, they are busy with applications received on the 19th July....

rang this morning there now on applications from 20th.... mine was 22nd so hopefully will hear something soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dorie

i sent the form away on the 16 of july recieved no confirmation txt or anything really worried now i barely got my girls uniforms still have to pay for book rentals school insurance etc im sick to death waiting:confused::confused::confused::mad:

Dorie wrote: »
    i sent the form away on the 16 of july recieved no confirmation txt or anything really worried now i barely got my girls uniforms still have to pay for book rentals school insurance etc im sick to death waiting:confused::confused::confused::mad:
    I know there are many of us in the same position, it is indeed very stressful! Esp when schools are sending home letters every day wanting money for this and that.

I would give them a call seeing as though you had sent yours in on the 16th already and they are busy with applications received on the 20th now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭jayjayxxx

Dorie wrote: »

i would definately call them to make sure your form was recieved.. i sent mine away about the same date and was told form was recieved 22nd so depends on where your posting from could take few days

Advertisement