Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Mood Cookbook

• 27-03-2013 5:38pm
    Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭

No explanations
    No excuses
    No complaining
    No wimping out
    No attitude

Just smile and get it done. If you can't smile, do it anyway.

We're starting again.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Tuesday night coached swim.
    IM drills. 8 x50 kicking, 20 x25 IM. Used fins for much of that, at coaches insistence. Had to breathe every 5 too. Short distances for me, about 1350.

Did tumble turns and dive practice afterwards.

I smiled. I got it done. It was a good session.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Love the title, glad you're back. Place wasn't the same without you ;) Enjoy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭griffin100

Oryx wrote: »
    No explanations
    No excuses
    No complaining
    No wimping out
    No attitude

Just smile and get it done. If you can't smile, do it anyway.

We're starting again.

I'm starting a book................I give it a week :D

griffin100 wrote: »
    Start what you like. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I knew it wouldn't last, good to have you back !

• Advertisement

I knew it wouldn't last, good to have you back !
    I never meant it to last, I just needed an attitude readjustment. So I read fight club again, and here I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Yay!! My hoochie-in-crime is back and cooking up some serious mischief. Whoop, whoop!! Hey...Ms. Betty Crocker, when you have a minute away from the pots and pans (and russian twists and supermans...) can you send me some more of those caffeinated gels?? :o

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Yay!! My hoochie-in-crime is back and cooking up some serious mischief. Whoop, whoop!! Hey...Ms. Betty Crocker, when you have a minute away from the pots and pans (and russian twists and supermans...) can you send me some more of those caffeinated gels?? :o
    Your wish is my command, fellow hoochie.

Hey...if you get a wild hair up your @ss this summer, come to the states and do this with me - I've just signed up....in August...my treat....:D

http://www.spartanrace.com/index.html

Hey...if you get a wild hair up your @ss this summer, come to the states and do this with me - I've just signed up....in August...my treat....:D

http://www.spartanrace.com/index.html
    I think I'm done with that kind of race for now but they are the best craic so enjoy. Tho I would go back to Tough Guy if an American tough gal was coming with me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭griffin100

Start what you like. :cool:

:P

Good to have you back.

Wednesday:
    9pm Spin on the turbo. Today is a recovery day so this was fast rpm and easy gearing. 60 mins.

I think I'm done with that kind of race for now but they are the best craic so enjoy. Tho I would go back to Tough Guy if an American tough gal was coming with me!

If I have the right event, it looks like the next Tough Guy is on January 26, 2014 in South Staffordshire (?). Think about it.....and let me know if you want to do it....not much going on in my life in January.....

(Would a Boardies team be fun? Or would they drag us down? ;):D)

If I have the right event, it looks like the next Tough Guy is on January 26, 2014 in South Staffordshire (?). Think about it.....and let me know if you want to do it....not much going on in my life in January.....

(Would a Boardies team be fun? Or would they drag us down? ;):D)
    As long as you know what youre in for....

ice%20breaker_1359310487343_361648_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Short tempo run today. 6.75k. Two minutes faster than the same route on Tuesday, which is okay. Very cold and snowy out, but great weather to run in once you cover the hands and head.

Still smiling, grif.

As long as you know what youre in for....

ice%20breaker_1359310487343_361648_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

I'm not sure I like your tone.... ;)

What tone???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

griffin100 wrote: »

Stick me down for Tuesday 2 April :D

;);)

Ahhhh...but look how much fun he is having!! :eek: (note to self: start putting on a few layers of fat after DMC for insulation)

;);)

Ahhhh...but look how much fun he is having!! :eek: (note to self: start putting on a few layers of fat after DMC for insulation)
    No rush on it yet anyway, I may have another plan for next year so we can decide coming into Autumn.

No rush on it yet anyway, I may have another plan for next year so we can decide coming into Autumn.

That's a deal. :)

• Advertisement

Turbo session tonight.
    15 w/u
    7 x 4 min on 2 off, starting at big ring easiest gear, moving one bigger gear each rep @ highest cad I can maintain.
    10 cd

Effort @ 80% approx

Fun.

Niggly strained muscle on my inner thigh which I had to mind but not bad enough to be a worry.

Friday am
    Swim. Just me and the club superman with a whole 25m pool to ourselves. As its good Friday the rest of the club must be having a lie in, or praying or something.

After a 400m w/u I did a mix of drills and playing with toys like fulcrums. Have to mind the muscle strain so lots of work using pull. Finished with 8 x 50 build and a short 100m sd.

2350m. Still feeling the love.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I may have another plan for next year

What IM are you doing?

What IM are you doing?

Won't know for ages yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Best of luck Oryx. Happy training and racing

In keeping with the theme of this log, I am reminded to stick to The Rules

If you bleat on a particularly cold, wet, or difficult ride, you will be shown

The Hand
    hand_brain_model.jpg

- where you are being referred to rule number five.

Friday pm
    Turbo session with a friend. Same set as last night but it's so much easier to get through it when you've company. 67 mins total.

Saturday 8am
    Tempo run. Did the first km steady then started to push the pace. This is a very hilly route so my times per km were similarly up and down with garmin giving 8.02 av and 5.44 max. Still, this ended up being one of my fastest times on this route, 10.9k in 54 mins. My leg didn't really bother me at all. Today felt like 'proper' training.

Sunday am
    For the first time in well, months, I got out on the bike. Didnt have much time so just a short spin. It was windy and cold but with every layer of thermal gear I own on me it wasn't a problem.

I still suck on the bike, 44k in 1hr 55 is not good at all. Must. Work. Harder. But maybe I'll try the route again on a calm day and see if it's much faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Sunday am
    For the first time in well, months, I got out on the bike. Didnt have much time so just a short spin. It was windy and cold but with every layer of thermal gear I own on me it wasn't a problem.

I still suck on the bike, 44k in 1hr 55 is not good at all. Must. Work. Harder. But maybe I'll try the route again on a calm day and see if it's much faster.

If it's any reassurance Oryx I was out with the club yesterday and we were travelling approx 8kph slower cycling into the wind. It was a killer

Advertisement