Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Confab wrote: »
    Good idea. What about the Porterhouse in Dublin (any of them)? The country members can arrange their own banjos & Guinness meet. Someone has to know the Deliverance tune.

Well you're going against the whole idea of the meets with the fcuk the non-dubs there. Obviously the whole idea of building up a community in here with this went right over your head.

That would take some planning, and I'm sure those unfortunate enough to live down the bogs could make arrangements. Could even arrange something at a neutral location with a bit of planning.

But what I will say is meeting for pints is nothing to do with boards yada yada yada...

Lots of other forums do this as it is so sounds like a good plan to me. One of the Porterhouses is a good call...nice beer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Good plan but it would obviously have to be done to accommodate everyone not just people in Dublin.

Athlone is a decent spot, have a central meet during the day so that everyone has a nice spin, have the meet then go grab some lunch, get settled into a cheap hotel and then book somewhere in the town for the night for a few pints?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

EPM wrote: »
    Well you're going against the whole idea of the meets with the fcuk the non-dubs there. Obviously the whole idea of building up a community in here with this went right over your head.

That would take some planning, and I'm sure those unfortunate enough to live down the bogs could make arrangements. Could even arrange something at a neutral location with a bit of planning.

But what I will say is meeting for pints is nothing to do with boards yada yada yada...

Lots of other forums do this as it is so sounds like a good plan to me. One of the Porterhouses is a good call...nice beer:)

Ah come on now, it was a tounge-in-cheek comment fron Confab. Anyhow, the way I've seen it done onn other forums is that there are beer meets both in the capital and regional cities, e.g. Cork / Limerick.

We could start a seperate thread to see if there's much interest and look for suggestions for a location, etc. Just throwing it out there!;)

draffodx wrote: »
    Good plan but it would obviously have to be done to accommodate everyone not just people in Dublin.

Athlone is a decent spot, have a central meet during the day so that everyone has a nice spin, have the meet then go grab some lunch, get settled into a cheap hotel and then book somewhere in the town for the night for a few pints?

Love it, but it would be carnage with people up until all hours and having to drive home the next day. A lot of lads would have difficulty getting 'the pass' for a stayover too.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Love it, but it would be carnage with people up until all hours and having to drive home the next day. A lot of lads would have difficulty getting 'the pass' for a stayover too.

Just grab some food the next day as well before heading off, anyone that has to head home early can take it easy that night.

And sure a white lie does no harm, say you have to go away for a work thing! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

draffodx wrote: »
    Just grab some food the next day as well before heading off, anyone that has to head home early can take it easy that night.

And sure a white lie does no harm, say you have to go away for a work thing! :D

Excuse me are you suggesting lying to their women?! :eek:

Jemmy wrote: »

Shouldn't be too hard for most of us. The art is perfected by now.

Doesn't mean it actually works mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

A stayover is definitely inefficient just to meet up. It'd be fine if everyone knew each other but a group of guys talking about cars is better suited to meet up in convenient locations. That's why I mentioned separate meets for Dublin vs non-Dublin folks. It doesn't have to be an officially sanctions Boards thing either.

Jemmy wrote: »

One more can't hurt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I'd be up for a Dublin beers, currently out of work so staying over isn't an option for me at the moment.

• Advertisement

Thread title needs to be changed!

Sorry Gary but your birthday was SO yesterday! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

EPM wrote: »

You're a miserable git. Did you know Jimi Hendrix only took drugs and got high when he started working with a Cork man

Gary ITR wrote: »
    You're a miserable git. Did you know Jimi Hendrix only took drugs and got high when he started working with a Cork man

Yes. It was me. Mwhahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Beers in Cork preferably in Kanturk. Fcuk the dubs....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

kanturk?! pffft......make it 5mile or nearer the city :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

'kin muck savages

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

I love the tags on this thread!! :D

Came accross the list of cars seized from the Megaupload guy whos been nicked by the feds.

Sure likes his AMG's
    2010 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG, VIN WDD2120772A103834, LicensePlate No. "STONED";73.

2010 Mini Cooper S Coupe, VIN WMWZG32000TZ03651, License PlateNo. "V";74.

2010 Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG, VIN WDC1641772A608055, LicensePlate No. "GUILTY";75.

2007 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG, VIN WDD2163792A025130, LicensePlate No. "KIMCOM";76.

2009 Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG, VIN WDC1641772A542449, LicensePlate No. "MAFIA";77.

2010 Toyota Vellfire, VIN 7AT0H65MX11041670, License Plate Nos."WOW" or "7";78.

2011 Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG, VIN WDB4632702X193395, LicensePlate Nos. "POLICE" or "GDS672";79.

2011 Toyota Hilux, VIN MR0FZ29G001599926, License PlateNo. "FSN455";80.

Harley Davidson Motorcycle, VIN 1HD1HPH3XBC803936, LicensePlate No. "36YED";81.

2010 Mercedes-Benz CL63 AMG, VIN WDD2163742A026653, LicensePlate No. "HACKER";82.

2005 Mercedes-Benz A170, VIN WDD1690322J184595, License PlateNo. "FUR252";83.

2005 Mercedes-Benz ML500, VIN WDC1641752A026107, License PlateNo. DFF816

1957 Cadillac El Dorado, VIN 5770137596;86.

2010 Sea-Doo GTX Jet Ski, VIN YDV03103E010;87.

1959 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible, VIN 59F115669;88.

Von Dutch Kustom Motor Bike, VIN 1H9S14955BB451257;89.

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM, VIN WDB2094421T067269;90.

2010 Mini Cooper S Coupe, VIN WMWZG32000TZ03648 LicensePlate No. "T";

1989 Lamborghini LM002, VIN ZA9LU45AXKLA12158, License PlateNo. "FRP358";92.

2011 Mercedes-Benz ML63, VIN 4JGBB7HB0BA666219
    Love the reg plates :pac:

xlarge_b766e82782fc8f55d6221642696cd90d.jpg

xlarge_eaabc37065ae79650f40340a47d57b41.jpg

mega6.jpg?w=640

mega4.jpg?w=640

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I'll have that G55. Thank you very much.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Marlow wrote: »
    I'll have that G55. Thank you very much.

/M

And I'll take the S65 please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Dartz

Car completely spazzes out on the way home. It's Apollo 13 on the instruments with every single warning light coming on. The engine sticks at 3000rpm and it barely manages to limp home.

Get it back.... and find that one of the Earth straps had been corroded and loose, and it finally fell off.

Running like clockwork all over again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Drinking since 5... ;)

I'll get to the bottom of that shoulder! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

dgt wrote: »
    Drinking since 5... ;)

I'll get to the bottom of that shoulder! :pac:
    What's the occasion? Friday? :pac:

barura wrote: »
    What's the occasion? Friday? :pac:

A dangerous bottle of huzzar needed to bedealt with :pac:

Better to tackle these things as they appear! Sure the other night an 8 pack of Bavaria needed to be dealt with! Bastarding things...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

A dangerous bottle of huzzar needed to bedealt with :pac:

At 5pm on a Friday evening?:eek: :pac:

166man wrote: »
    At 5pm on a Friday evening?:eek: :pac:

Tis only the start amigo ;)

More dangerous stuff lying about, I don't like the look of that capatin fella over there... :pac:

Tis only the start amigo ;)

More dangerous stuff lying about, I don't like the look of that capatin fella over there... :pac:
    The alfa driven you to men so? :D

barura wrote: »
    The alfa driven you to men so? :D

Captain morgan can be unisex even if they are depicted as a man :pac:

• Advertisement

Captain morgan can be unisex even if they are depicted as a man :pac:
    rule-63-captain-morgan-who-woldnt-want-to-flood-her-poopdeck-demotivational-poster-1255009965.jpg

Yup!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement