Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon/Clouds - Memory Foam Mattress

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

To be fair to this James fella at Clouds, he answered my email very quickly and politely, saying there is a delay in manufacturing.

He was arupt as f*ck to me and offered not one shred of remorse towards any late payments on his companies behalf...

My feeling was... if they're gonna be this unprofessional about their service, then I what must these actual pillows be like??!
    glad I got my money back...
    all subscriptions to groupon/citydeal have been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭Shred

Finally got my pillows on Wednesday having ordered them on October 10th! They aren't memory foam if you ask me - they're just like normal spongy pillows; when I lift my head there's no indent left in the pillow as you would expect from 'memory foam'. Pretty disappointed and I was considering ordering a matress but I won't be going anywhere near Clouds again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Shred wrote: »
    Finally got my pillows on Wednesday having ordered them on October 10th! They aren't memory foam if you ask me - they're just like normal spongy pillows; when I lift my head there's no indent left in the pillow as you would expect from 'memory foam'. Pretty disappointed and I was considering ordering a matress but I won't be going anywhere near Clouds again!

Never buy a mattress without trying it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭Shred

Never buy a mattress without trying it out.

I didn't buy a matress - "Finally got my pillows..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Shred wrote: »
    I didn't buy a matress - "Finally got my pillows..."

"I was considering ordering a matress"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 gitbotv

Hi folks,
    I ordered Oct 12th and the item arrived Dec 14th. My experience is the same as many here but this company and Groupon are blatantly allowing this to go on. Two points which makes me annoyed about both sites:

1. Despite all the issues with deliveries customers were experiencing BOTH Groupon and Clouds choose to run the deal again. This makes both culpable - anyone experiencing issues with the Nov offer?

2. More sinister is that www.cloudsmemoryfoam.com have changed their banner across the top of the site (with logo) and the name of the company on the site three times (1) Clouds Memory Foam, (2) Silver Moon, and currently (3) Divine Bedrooms. I believe this to be an attempt to deceive persons going to the clouds URL who may have heard the bad press.

I'm so mad over this and the crappy answers I got from Groupon that I'm considering creating a website to deal with this. Not just Clouds but any of the offer sites out there. What happens when other deals go wrong?

gitbotv wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I ordered Oct 12th and the item arrived Dec 14th. My experience is the same as many here but this company and Groupon are blatantly allowing this to go on. Two points which makes me annoyed about both sites:

1. Despite all the issues with deliveries customers were experiencing BOTH Groupon and Clouds choose to run the deal again. This makes both culpable - anyone experiencing issues with the Nov offer?

2. More sinister is that www.cloudsmemoryfoam.com have changed their banner across the top of the site (with logo) and the name of the company on the site three times (1) Clouds Memory Foam, (2) Silver Moon, and currently (3) Divine Bedrooms. I believe this to be an attempt to deceive persons going to the clouds URL who may have heard the bad press.

I'm so mad over this and the crappy answers I got from Groupon that I'm considering creating a website to deal with this. Not just Clouds but any of the offer sites out there. What happens when other deals go wrong?

some very important points here!
    Groupon are as much to blame as this dodgy company CloudsMemoryFoam.
    There is blatant deceiving of customers going on here...
    I believe this needs to be pointed out to a wider consumer audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

While I completely agree with you in that the lack of customer service was appalling, the guys from Clouds had stated before that they were going through a re-branding because they were launching in the American market.

So even though I got fully refunded from both parties after weeks of nasty email and teplephone exhanges...
    I get a phonecall from a courier today telling me that there were 2 memory foam pillows waiting for me!!! Hahahaha
    Happy Christmas CloudsMemoryFoam, thank you very much for my pressie!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Still haven't recieved our matress topper yet? paid for back on november 10th.

no answer from clouds on the phone and no communication via email.

they told me it was due to ship on dec 19th but nadda!

• Advertisement

to be honest, they're nothing to look forward to...
    no way are they memory foam and they stick to high heaven.

so a scam and a bad product then

well they both go hand-in-hand.... I was almost expecting it to be fake!
    Only thing is I didn't pay for it... just had to put up with the hassle! :rolleyes:

kormak wrote: »

well they both go hand-in-hand.... I was almost expecting it to be fake!
    Only thing is I didn't pay for it... just had to put up with the hassle! :rolleyes:

You were right they do stink, think thats the fireproofing

Id say it goes away after a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mcgraldo

I ordered the mattress topper from groupon/clouds in the last week november(2011) and like every 1 else only received it yesterday(11th january 2012)????I sent several messages to clouds with no response.I also got no joy off groupon when i rang them!!!My problem is now i have the matress topper and it stinks of a really potent chemical smell????its making me feel ill and the smell is now lingering all over my room????wtf like!!!
    Does anybody else who has recieved anything off this joke of a company have this same problem???10 weeks for a stinking mattress topper?!!!!

Sleep tight(my arse)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Raoul

mcgraldo wrote: »
    I ordered the mattress topper from groupon/clouds in the last week november(2011) and like every 1 else only received it yesterday(11th january 2012)????I sent several messages to clouds with no response.I also got no joy off groupon when i rang them!!!My problem is now i have the matress topper and it stinks of a really potent chemical smell????its making me feel ill and the smell is now lingering all over my room????wtf like!!!
    Does anybody else who has recieved anything off this joke of a company have this same problem???10 weeks for a stinking mattress topper?!!!!

Sleep tight(my arse)

Anybody got any friends that could do some tests to see if they are harmful chemicals or something

I left my pillows out airing for a whole day which helped...
    also, 2other options are:
    use a mister with a water/white vinegar mix to nuetralise the smell or silica beads?!

the chemical smell is usually there with memory foam but it goes after a couple of days. I think its the fireproofing they use as well.

if you air it outside for a day or two it goes away

we're using our now, i think they could probably be a bit thicker but it does make a difference.

the chemical smell is usually there with memory foam but it goes after a couple of days. I think its the fireproofing they use as well.

if you air it outside for a day or two it goes away

we're using our now, i think they could probably be a bit thicker but it does make a difference.

With reference to above:had the topper out airing for a few days and smell still there?!!i have sinced removed this product which i wont be using again!!!!!
    That smell ur breathing in can cause serious health problems down the line!!

I will be contacting groupon first thing to get my money back!!

I advise everybody else to do same!!!

Hi, I ordered a mattress at the end of September from the Groupon offer. Expected delivery was 4 weeks. I received an email from clouds telling me that the offer was very successful and that they were processing orders. They said that I'd get a tracking number by the 14th of November. Nothing. Call and emails go unanswered. I've been on to Groupon but all they said is that they will contact the company and expect 5 working days for a response?? Nothing since then. I contacted my credit card provider yesterday (Saturday) to see what the story is about getting payment reversed.

What annoyed me was that in mid-November the company and Groupon re-posted the offer. That was a dishonest thing to do as I believe they are taking money from purchasers knowing they are not going to fulfill them in a timely manner, if at all. How many Irish people have taken this offer - hundres or more?

I've been posting this information on Twitter #cloudsmemoryfoam and #groupon. I've emailed Joe@rte.ie and Ray@todayfm.com to try and get this warning out to a wide a group of people as possible - groupon and clouds memory foam are not to be trusted.

If you have taken up this offer and received nothing to date - get onto Groupon and start asking when you'll get your product / money back. I think that unless more people start asking questions groupon won't take this seriously.

I was one of the many who foolishly bought from these companys!!got my matress topper in the end but have since thrown it out in the bk garden!!
    Started to feel ill with the toxic fumes coming off it??
    Surely this has to be a health and safety issue?
    Peoples health are at risk breathing in this toxin!!!
    I will be looking a full refund off groupon or taking this matter further!!!
    Shame on u groupon!!!!!

• Advertisement

We use ours fine and after a week there's no smell.

Mcgraldo, do you really think if there were toxic fumes seeping from the topper the thousands of people across the uk and Ireland bought that there wouldn't be a recall and a public notice about it??

The company would be liable of damages of millions if this was the case.

The smell comes from the foam itself and is part of the manufacturing process, chemical generation of the foam and the fire retardant chemicals they use.

Same chemicals they use in mattresses, the only difference is these are fresh out of the factory so the smell hasn't had time to dissipate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Raoul

We use ours fine and after a week there's no smell.

Mcgraldo, do you really think if there were toxic fumes seeping from the topper the thousands of people across the uk and Ireland bought that there wouldn't be a recall and a public notice about it??

The company would be liable of damages of millions if this was the case.

The smell comes from the foam itself and is part of the manufacturing process, chemical generation of the foam and the fire retardant chemicals they use.

Same chemicals they use in mattresses, the only difference is these are fresh out of the factory so the smell hasn't had time to dissipate.

Do you find your pillow comfortable? I can't find an answer. I have one and I don't use it, it is way too high and makes my neck sore.

i got the matress topper, not a fan of any memory foam pillows, too hard!

the matress topper though isn't bad, im sleeing a bit better with it and my back doesnt seem as tight.

I think it would be recalled by a ligitimate company!!!Clouds are chancers if u ask me!!So dont think they really care if its harmful to people in the long term!!!they only want money at the end of the day!what sort of company doesnt give u an invoice for the product u bought on delivery????theres no address to send returns!!theyve infringed on mine/everybodys consumer rights who bought off them!!!

if u google memory foam matress toppers and see what comes up in search engine!!kinda makes u think about what ur breathing in and the effects to ur health!!!

erm, i got an invoice and delivery docket with a return address?

if they were doing something that is harmful to people or selling a dangerious product the directors of their company would be liable for prosecution under the UK consumer protection act.

if the product was deemed to be unfit for use or proved to cause long term damage the directors would be liable for damages and potential jail terms if they were blaitently in breach of the act.

at the end of the day the product was less than half price so i didn't expect it to be high quality. for 70 lids for a kingsize which is usually about 200 its not a bad deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭sporina

there is this offer on city deals for a mattress topper and I am thinking of getting one.. has anyone bought from this company?

If so, feedback? I would hate a chemically smelly topper - regardless of health effects it would be horrible - would defeat the purpose of it - i would not be able to sleep with a smell like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

sporina wrote: »
    there is this offer on city deals for a mattress topper and I am thinking of getting one.. has anyone bought from this company?

If so, feedback? I would hate a chemically smelly topper - regardless of health effects it would be horrible - would defeat the purpose of it - i would not be able to sleep with a smell like that

I was reading that a 2 inch is better.also you can do just a good for price on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭opticalillusion

Got this cheeky email today. You have got to be kidding me.

Hi X, why not try our Super Deluxe Mattress at home and if you don't completely fall in LOVE with it... send it back within 60 DAYS. Easy!

75% off!!!

Woohoo.

Advertisement