The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread) - Page 505 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Yesterday, 07:49   #7561
Dandelion6

Had to take Sammy to the vet on Saturday for his shots and it was really traumatic getting him into the carrier. I tried luring him in with treats, bird videos on the iPad mini, coaxing and pleading... no luck. Finally I had to just corner him and pick him up and shove him in there. He was mewing loudly and terrified. It was awful I was worried that when I brought him home he would revert to the scared shy kitty that he was when I adopted him in February but actually the opposite has happened... he's been extra cuddly since yesterday morning. Cats, eh?
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 09:33   #7562
tk123

Ah poor Sammy! Lucy was the same after her visits with her paw - slept on top of me and nearly killed me with the heat of her!

Bailey is going back today - I've never dealt with an infection before. Normally they get a cut or in our case have surgery and it just heals as normal. This thing is still oozing and gross after 2 and half days so need an opinion from a nurse/vet on what to do next.
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 11:06   #7563
aonb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion6 View Post
Had to take Sammy to the vet on Saturday for his shots and it was really traumatic getting him into the carrier. I tried luring him in with treats, bird videos on the iPad mini, coaxing and pleading... no luck. Finally I had to just corner him and pick him up and shove him in there. He was mewing loudly and terrified. It was awful I was worried that when I brought him home he would revert to the scared shy kitty that he was when I adopted him in February but actually the opposite has happened... he's been extra cuddly since yesterday morning. Cats, eh?
I had this problem with Tux - she was a found feral kitten - after first traumatic carrier trip, I put the carrier in her "bedroom" with her blanket off her bed and her "cat-cocaine" (dreamies!) in there every evening - popped her in there every now and then, leaving the door open so she came out when she wanted - she even started using the carrier as one of her beds - you might try getting Sammy so used to the carrier, that getting him in for a trip isnt so traumatic
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 11:13   #7564
Pumpkinseeds

So tired today. An alarm went off somewhere in the neighbourhood in the early hours and Jazzy and Poppy decided to climb all over me since they were a bit freaked out by the noise. It wasn't the alarm that woke me though, it was Toby on the end of our bed growling at Jazzy being on the bedside locker. I've never known a cat with such a dog like growl.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 13:12   #7565
muddypaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonVix View Post
Seminar tomorrow!!!

Eeee...

I am daft, I had a dream last night that I met all the boardsies, they were huddled together in a "circle of knowledge," don't ask, too much cheese before bed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonVix View Post
I am wondering where you are as well haha. I'm up at the front lolol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlinemeath View Post
I'm down the back with my foot up!
Did I meet you VonVix? borderlinemeath came up to me, chatting away and I had to ask who she was, I completely missed the bump I think its going to take me a week to recover from the weekend.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 15:19   #7566
tk123

The excitement in the house over a new vacuum - what simple lives we lead lol! I was going to get the cat and dog one but the next one up was on offer with €100 off so got that one instead. It has an an extra head and a HEPA filter instead of a clean air one that the dog one has so better for allergies...and I like the colour better too lol!!
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 15:47   #7567
VonVix

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddypaws View Post
Did I meet you VonVix? borderlinemeath came up to me, chatting away and I had to ask who she was, I completely missed the bump I think its going to take me a week to recover from the weekend.
No, I don't believe so, there were only two people I met(ish) that I didn't know, I ended up hanging out with people I work with. I didn't spot ANY pregnant people! Even if I had, I would probably have been too shy to say hi lol.
Yesterday, 17:21   #7568
tk123

Two types of antibiotics for BB for the next week and swab sent off. I think he either did it scraping himself up and down the hedge OR I just remembered earlier that I sent him into the river the other week to get a sunken ball for Lucy.. Since then he's been putting his head under the water when I ask him to collect the lost balls from the weir - feel a bit guilty if that's what it is!!
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 18:00   #7569
muddypaws

I think it was Dubl07 that recommended Golden Paste for my dog Didge? I bought some yesterday, so will see how we get on with it.
Advertisement
Yesterday, 19:33   #7570
Dandelion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aonb View Post
I had this problem with Tux - she was a found feral kitten - after first traumatic carrier trip, I put the carrier in her "bedroom" with her blanket off her bed and her "cat-cocaine" (dreamies!) in there every evening - popped her in there every now and then, leaving the door open so she came out when she wanted - she even started using the carrier as one of her beds - you might try getting Sammy so used to the carrier, that getting him in for a trip isnt so traumatic
That's how I got him into the carrier the first time. It was no problem. This time, unfortunately, he remembered ... and as soon as he saw me hovering near the carrier he knew exactly what I was up to!
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 19:57   #7571
tk123

Quote:
I think it was Dubl07 that recommended Golden Paste for my dog Didge? I bought some yesterday, so will see how we get on with it.
The first time I made it it was too dry, second time just right. I must get around to making some with olive oil and see if the cat wee smell still happens! Oh btw Bailey was able to tolerate it - Lucy not so much and it upset her tummy a bit.
Yesterday, 22:13   #7572
borderlinemeath

Quote:
I'm wrecked after yesterday! It's such a change of routine to sit down and concentrate on somebody speaking all day, compared to being with the dogs!
I must have been hiding the bump, although it's apparently quite neat and it hides well under the cardigan!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion