Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stag Weekend in Ireland - Advice, Opinions, Anything?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I go out on the Shannon a few times a year, there's a nice restaurant there a few miles upstream called Bruno's, (I don't know what direction though cos get someone else to do the driving lol!, you can tie up the boat and go in for a bite and get locked, then back onto the lake!

Oh, I think we went there, docked the boat a few hundred yards from it. It was really lovely and right on the water and quite secluded... if we are thinking of the same place and we probably are. Gawd, forgot about that place. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

If Carrick doesn't work out for you, I second Carlingford. It's a really nice little spot. The adventure centre offers a lot of different options. In fairness we shouldn't have gone kayaking in October but it was great craic anyway.

The Friday night was perfect for getting settled in. Just a few drinks in a couple of nice local pubs. Then the Saturday was great buzz altogether. We didn't see any other stags or hens for the night but the place was hopping.

Very handy to get to from Dublin too with it being just a few minutes off the motorway.

The Carrick idea does sound cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Folks, again thanks for all the feedback; appreciated to the highest end.

So we're gonna aim for Carrick. The only problem might be the stupid amount of people we have to accommodate. We may have to get 2 boats so we'll see how that pans out

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Ronney

Hi Looking at organising a stag for about 15 in April.

Looking to Hire boats/barges somewhere round carrick on shannon area.

Plan would be to arrive Friday evening, night out somewhere. Then spend saturday doing a bit of a cruise/pub crawl with a few stops along the way.

Could anyone suggest a route/Place too hire/Stop off/place to moor for the night

Also how far could you travel in a day and do you need to bring boats back to their original location or are there drop off points

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers

Advertisement