Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Well I went around in circles on their website yesterday trying to find customer service details but I found a phone number and rang it. The young guy was nice but his first response was to return it to my nearest store for a another one. I explained that my nearest store is the best part of 2 hours away. Then he said I need to return it by post to Debenhams and they will process the refund and I can order a new one. Will look again for an email address to see if I have any more luck.

I would just write on the return slip that it arrived broken and you want a replacement. I've done that before with a palette I ordered on House of Fraser that arrived broken without any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Well I went around in circles on their website yesterday trying to find customer service details but I found a phone number and rang it. The young guy was nice but his first response was to return it to my nearest store for a another one. I explained that my nearest store is the best part of 2 hours away. Then he said I need to return it by post to Debenhams and they will process the refund and I can order a new one. Will look again for an email address to see if I have any more luck.

Ive sent back a few things and always had to do this. Sb might have had something from one of their suppliers maybe? I've never heard of that courier service and it's not mentioned in their returns page so I wouldn't hold out hope for it.
    The normal way is how you were told on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I received broken Kat Von D eye shadows from Debenhams before xmas, they were a present for my best friend. I rang them up and explained the condition they arrived in and that I was panicking with Christmas so close.... they didn't even make me return the smashed stuff, just send a replacement by express post in much more secure wrapping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Has anyone used one of those black masks for removing blackheads? I keep seeing them pop up on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

https://thebalm.com/products/meet-matte-hughes?variant=16700619206

I bought these liquid lip sticks.... AMAZING. The pigment is really strong they aren't drying and stays on for hours. So impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

A lot of the Catrice and Essence lines are half price in McCabes pharmacy.

Got a blush palette, 2 smokey eyeliners, concealer and lipstick gloss for under a tenner.

Do their offers change daily? I can't seem to find any Catrice or Essence products on the website at all :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Ive sent back a few things and always had to do this. Sb might have had something from one of their suppliers maybe? I've never heard of that courier service and it's not mentioned in their returns page so I wouldn't hold out hope for it.
    The normal way is how you were told on the phone.
    It happened twice, once with Lancôme skincare and another time with a pair of Kurt Geiger shoes (sole was coming apart from the shoe itself) so I've had with both sides and was given courier delivery/collection each time. Maybe I was just lucky with it?

I'd definitely try get an email and fire one off, can't do any harm at all.

It happened twice, once with Lancôme skincare and another time with a pair of Kurt Geiger shoes (sole was coming apart from the shoe itself) so I've had with both sides and was given courier delivery/collection each time. Maybe I was just lucky with it?

I'd definitely try get an email and fire one off, can't do any harm at all.

Are they both concessions? I think they might be but I'm not sure. They would send stuff directly rather than through Debenhams.
    I ordered a load of stuff last week including some galway living glasses which arrived days before anything else as they were sent direct from galway...bit strange how they organise it through different places.

Sunny dayz I'd send the email anyway and stress how disappointed you are and you may just repurchase elsewhere to avoid disappointment etc etc. The worst they can do is say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

SATSUMA wrote: »

I bought these liquid lip sticks.... AMAZING. The pigment is really strong they aren't drying and stays on for hours. So impressed.

I really wanted to like these, I was dying to try them for ages. Adoring is a beautiful brick red colour but I found the consistency so watery they looked sloppy on. Such a shame as the colour variations are gorgeous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I'm loving the Lush "Feeling Younger" primer and foundations (they're called "colour supplements") at the moment ... they're only €13 each I think, so well worth a try! Really natural looking but good coverage too, and they last all day.

My other current favourite products are the Dealz bronzer - I'm not a fan of most make-up I've tried in Dealz, but the bronzer is actually decent. Maxfactor Masterpiece is really good, for anyone looking for a liquid eyeliner, the shape of it makes it so easy to do good flicks and it lasts for ages! Essence Lash Princess is my favourite mascara these days, FINALLY I've found a "false lash effect" mascara that actually does what it's meant to do, and it's so cheap too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Do their offers change daily? I can't seem to find any Catrice or Essence products on the website at all :confused:

I'm not sure about the website. I don't think all of the instore brands are on their website.
    On the stands there were yellow stickers below marking the items that were 50% off. Some of the items were not scanning the reduced price, some were, so she put the reduction in manually. Possibly selling off specific lines they are not going to restock. All the reduced eyeshadow palettes were gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Bought the Rimmell brow this way eyebrow gel 2 weeks ago and I'm really impressed. It was only €4 on special offer. I have dark brown hair and I bought the darkest of the 3 shades and it's a perfect match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

SATSUMA wrote: »

These are good, they are very well pigmented. I do find that after reapplication the finish isn't as good on them. I have quite a few of them and the only one I don't like is Doting, it's too light a colour for me.

Sunny dayz I'd send the email anyway and stress how disappointed you are and you may just repurchase elsewhere to avoid disappointment etc etc. The worst they can do is say no.
    Thanks for your comments ladies and sorry if I brought the thread a bit OT towards consumer issues. I've never had an issue buying makeup online before. I got a reply from Debenhams yesterday to say that they were unable to send a replacement product and that they would refund my card. But I don't know am I supposed to return the damaged palette, they didn't say.

Thanks for your comments ladies and sorry if I brought the thread a bit OT towards consumer issues. I've never had an issue buying makeup online before. I got a reply from Debenhams yesterday to say that they were unable to send a replacement product and that they would refund my card. But I don't know am I supposed to return the damaged palette, they didn't say.

If they didn't say then don't worry about it for now. Wait a few days and see do you get the refund and happy days you'll have a free (slightly damaged) palette!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

GingerLily wrote: »

I use a lot of this stuff and it's brilliant! I have:
    • Niacinamide 10%
    • Hyaluronic Acid 2%
    • Lactic Acid 10%
    • Advanced Retinoid 2%
    • 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil
    • Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

and love every one of them! Also waiting for Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% to be delivered but there's a big backlog at the moment.

You can buy them on Victoria Health, and the customer service is fab too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

The rosehip oil is IDENTICAL to the Trilogy one I had before, and the hydralonic (sp) serum seems the same or very similar to the Pestle and Mortar one I've used. Well worth taking a chance as the prices are excellent. I'm happy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Okay so I've already ordered!
    The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2% - 30ml
    The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 - 30ml
    The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil - 30ml
    The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil - 30ml

All for 33e including shipping, I am so excited! I know I'll get good use out of the two oils anyway - such a nice concept for a brand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

All for 33e including shipping, I am so excited! I know I'll get good use out of the two oils anyway - such a nice concept for a brand!!
    Wow, sounds great! I really want to try the Retinoid. What is the delivery service like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Delivery was prompt for the time of year (Christmas), my order came by courier on a Saturday morning. Minimal packaging which I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Are they both concessions? I think they might be but I'm not sure. They would send stuff directly rather than through Debenhams.
    I ordered a load of stuff last week including some galway living glasses which arrived days before anything else as they were sent direct from galway...bit strange how they organise it through different places.

You can buy both in store so I don't think so. I mean any Debenehams order I've had has always come with the Debenhams packaging etc so if they were sent from the companies directly would they not have their own packaging instead of Debenhams?

You can buy both in store so I don't think so. I mean any Debenehams order I've had has always come with the Debenhams packaging etc so if they were sent from the companies directly would they not have their own packaging instead of Debenhams?

No not necessarily. The concessions are the stands within Debenhams like Estee Lauder, benefit, Lancome etc.
    Some of them Debenhams hold stock of and send directly and others they send the order out to them to dispatch.
    If you want to google it you can find lists of concessions but no full one as I looked before writing this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I've heard good things about the ordinary so I just took the plunge and ordered The buffet, the hyaluronic acid, the rosehip oil and the retinoid.

So reasonable!

Does anyone have a link to an article or a blog post explaining what The Ordindary products are? I had a look at the page but it all looks very scientific and there's no point in considering products that might not be suitable for my skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Does anyone have a link to an article or a blog post explaining what The Ordindary products are? I had a look at the page but it all looks very scientific and there's no point in considering products that might not be suitable for my skin.

If you check out this page on the site, it gives you a better understanding of how to use them, and which ones to marry.

It gives examples of what to do for ageing, hyper-pigmentation and dehydration.

General articles on the product names will be a great source of info too- check out the Paula's Choice website who sell pretty much the same stuff- at least all the raw ingredient products. They seem to have a much more structure on choices per skin type or specific issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

No way! must check them out! Paid twenty something for Trilogy rosehip oil before Christmas! (pressie to me from me!:))

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Octavian Pepper

Very quick question on Mac lipsticks...
    The infamous Ruby Woo lipstick - should that have matte or retro matte printed on the base of the bullet. Or can it be either or?
    (I'm looking at buying one barely used on Depop)

Heyyyyy, hope I'm not too late, but the base of Ruby Woo says 'Retro Matte'.
    I read this thread a few days ago, used my Ruby Woo earlier and remembered! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Where do you buy the ordinary products? is there an Irish site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I copied your whole order! :) not a clue how to use half of it but sure!
    Have to say I found their checkout page a bit confusing.

Advertisement