Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Interesting Stuff Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

ninja900 wrote: »
    Ah c'mon Banna, it doesn't take a vivid imagination to conjure up a situation where one would rather one's search terms/browser history/etc. would rather remain private!

Such as buying a present :)

This is true. I myself am in serious present buying avoidance mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

Sarky wrote: »
    You mean the higher class of Boards users? Why yes I am!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8kIuSigLPTE9NsyQFGMCWmYg0cNwmw7PITb_tTzmZAxqXDV9BuKR-WKyJBA

super-computer-nerd.jpeg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Maybe we should start a 'Pics of A&A posters holding random objects in front of their screen while browsing A&A' thread :)
    Great idea! Check out my new mouse.

mouse1.jpg
    The dodgy tabs are on purpose!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Liamario wrote: »
    Seems to have been deleted. Censorship at it best. Nothing I said was offensive.
    no, you just decided to pick on your point in a series of comments commiserating on a story about a second teenage suicide. the best place to raise this issue is somewhere you're *not* poking at other people's well wishes.

I think my cock may be Gay.

Aw feck- I have forgotten how to do this so pic shows in post...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

You cheat at scrabble you cheater!!!!!
    Link to scrabble word finder indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

And here I was closing down my extra tabs because I thought giant robots and zombies would label me as some sort of freak...

postitnote wrote: »
    You cheat at scrabble you cheater!!!!!
    Link to scrabble word finder indeed!

Yet I still lose :(.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

232738.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭swampgas

sephir0th wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8kIuSigLPTE9NsyQFGMCWmYg0cNwmw7PITb_tTzmZAxqXDV9BuKR-WKyJBA

super-computer-nerd.jpeg

leet++ ??? (I really must find some new jokes. )

I was at the market and some bloke tried to sell me 8 legs of venison for €100. I said no, that's too dear.

Ba-dum-tish.

• Advertisement

No, it's Leet+.

Where leet people can come together to mock everyone else who thinks they're leet, but are not because they disagree on some points with well-reasoned arguments so of course they're trolling and probably rapists.

robindch wrote: »
    232738.jpg

To Infinity and Beyond!
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/431221/232739.JPG

How do I make it show in post :(?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    To Infinity and Beyond!

How do I make it show in post :(?

Click the attachment on your post and then copy the url of the attachment and put it in these tags [IMG][/IMG]

The image is a little big though.

Liamario wrote: »
    Click the attachment on your post and then copy the url of the attachment and put it in these tags [IMG][/IMG]

The image is a little big though.

See what you mean - sooo...how do I make image smaller? :o:o:o

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    How do I make it show in post?
    When you've attached a file to the post as you're doing already, you need to right-click on the link, select "Copy link address" (or the equivalent in the browser you're using), then either click on the picture icon and paste in the link and press <Enter>, or just paste the link directly into the message between a pair of and tags. You should probably also resize the image as your Fuji camera is producing ginormous images - if you don't want to bother doing this using MSPaint which comes with Windows, then try something like the Web Resizer here.

232740.JPG

^^
    Thank you Robin.

Well - I managed to kill that joke stone dead. :rolleyes:

People who value their online privacy certainly shouldn't use Chrome.

I use Opera and lock it down as far as possible :p

The idea of signing into a browser on multiple devices and my browsing history being conveniently stored in the cloud really unnerves me.

Just out of interest, is anyone else still using the old boards layout? I hate that 16:9 seems to be the default for computer screens these days and the hanging headers that are all the rage now make browsing feel like looking through a letterbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

Dades wrote: »
    Great idea! Check out my new mouse.

mouse1.jpg
    The dodgy tabs are on purpose!

Sexy Christains
    How to make your own hijab

Edit: Foiled by white text.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Edit: Foiled by white text.
    Heh. I had to include that in case nobody believed they were on purpose. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, it's Leet+.

Where leet people can come together to mock everyone else who thinks they're leet, but are not because they disagree on some points with well-reasoned arguments so of course they're trolling and probably rapists.
    Leet++

And you call yourself a scientist...

• Advertisement

No, other people call me a scientist. I go along with it in case they stop paying me >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

No, other people call me a scientist. I go along with it in case they stop paying me >_>

So you're basically the opposite of JC

Nor completely :) :eek: :p :pac: :) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

sephir0th wrote: »
    So you're basically the opposite of JC

I think J C considers himself a "scientist" because he did some dodgy course on the Internet that sent him out a certificate that "qualifies" him as a scientist.

I have many things to say about him which would probably get me banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Just out of interest, is anyone else still using the old boards layout? I hate that 16:9 seems to be the default for computer screens these days and the hanging headers that are all the rage now make browsing feel like looking through a letterbox.

Yeah, me. At least they changed the new one (I never sign into boards at work, but have a look at weather forecasts threads etc. sometimes, so see the new theme then) so that the stupid floating header goes away if you make the window narrower than 1024 pixels.

Reading text that goes all or most of the way across the screen is just wrong, WRONG I tell you. Newspapers use columns for a reason. It makes text much more readable. Well designed websites don't just allow text to flow all across the screen as the window gets wider and wider, they limit it and/or allow the user to make the window as narrow as they want without breaking the design. I prefer 800-850 px wide for normal reading on boards

And if I'm following a match thread (on auto-reload every 1 or 2 mins) I want to be able to read unrelated threads in one browser window 750-800px wide, and still be able to see updates to the match thread in the other window.

As you say, stuff on websites that wastes vertical space is unforgivably stupid. Most people are forced to use 16:9 or 16:10 screens these days, many laptops have only 800 vertical pixels or even fewer, so vertical space is always at a premium.

Life ain't always empty.

232787.JPG

Wonder how many levels of 'visual feedback loop' we can get? :pac:

Mighty impressive cock btw Banna...

Are you sure that's not a bong, Robin??

Life ain't always empty.

Are you sure that's not a bong, Robin??
    A bong needs an inside. That's a Klein Bottle which doesn't have one. Klein Bottles are produced by Cliff Stoll -- he of The Cuckoo's Egg fame -- and are available exclusively from here:

http://www.kleinbottle.com/

robindch wrote: »
    A bong needs an inside. That's a Klein Bottle which doesn't have one. Klein Bottles are produced by Cliff Stoll -- he of The Cuckoo's Egg fame -- and are available exclusively from here:

http://www.kleinbottle.com/

Very cool! I've just bought one. Happy Christmas, me.

Single-surfaced object just ordered :pac:

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Pfft... I'll see your fancy bottle and raise you a Gömböc.:)

Advertisement