Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Damaskinos wrote: »
    <snip>
    If you have an issue with an airsoft retailer - please take it up with them directly.
    If, as you also also claim, you have taken legal steps then it is inappropriate to post about it here therefore I have removed the content of your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Damaskinos

Steve wrote: »
    If you have an issue with an airsoft retailer - please take it up with them directly.
    If, as you also also claim, you have taken legal steps then it is inappropriate to post about it here therefore I have removed the content of your post.

Strange to see that the truth cant be told here and people cant be warned to watch who they give there money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Damaskinos wrote: »
    Strange to see that the truth cant be told here and people cant be warned to watch who they give there money.
    How am I to know it's the truth?

You signed up here purely to post to a colourful accusation about a retailer. hmmm.
    Your options are to engage with them privately or to engage with them in the retailers forum where they can reply to you about any issue you may have (forum rules and etiquette mean they can't and won't defend themselves here).

It's your choice my friend, if you choose to post such accusations here again then your posting rights will be removed. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Will ehobby downgrade? Any idea how much they charge?

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

KonFusion wrote: »

Yea ehobby will downgrade I heard they do it for free

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Yea ehobby will downgrade I heard they do it for free

Really? Sorted. I'll bang off an email so.

Any idea how reliable they are at actually doing it though?

Don't want them to say "yeah no problem" and then have it seized for being over :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

How is it that everytime i order something off the net something gets mixed up! made an order on RSOV the last day, came today the SERPA holster is for a USP compact NOT a .45 which i have and the rail attachment i ordered is tan coloured not black as i ordered... i cud get over the rail attachment thingy but the holster thing pisses me off! hope they will change it for me!

Really? Sorted. I'll bang off an email so.

Any idea how reliable they are at actually doing it though?

Don't want them to say "yeah no problem" and then have it seized for being over :rolleyes:

Tell them to put a note saying downgraded below 1 joule so even if it is over it will show you made an attempt at downgrading and you should get your gun <Snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Tell them to put a note saying downgraded below 1 joule so even if it is over it will show you made an attempt at downgrading and you should get your gun and if you don't it should stand up in court.

Sorry Ronan but that is complete twaddle. If a RIF is stopped by customs & sent for testing, if it is found to be over 1 joule it will be destroyed, there is no leave to appeal, just destruction.

Decoy wrote: »
    Sorry Ronan but that is complete twaddle. If a RIF is stopped by customs & sent for testing, if it is found to be over 1 joule it will be destroyed, there is no leave to appeal, just destruction.

Oh right Cheers for that Mark :)

So my question still stands, how reliable are they at actually doing the downgrade?

I assume that they're decent enough if retailers buy off them, who certainly can't be having loads of stock destroyed & losing money.

So my question still stands, how reliable are they at actually doing the downgrade?

I assume that they're decent enough if retailers buy off them, who certainly can't be having loads of stock destroyed & losing money.
    Yea From what I've heard they are reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

last time I asked they told me $40 and that was on a saw, where to change the spring you hit a lever and the spring guide pops out. maybe they changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

okay so as long as its under the power limit it can get to me no problem?
    Also should I trust ordering a gun from ehobby?

I will never do business with ehobbyasia again as long as I live. Just spent the last few weeks playing email tennis with them about returning a magazine which I ordered off them under the premise it would fit my pistol, to cut a long story short it didn't and they wanted me to pay all the charges re sending it back and didn't have a replacement a send me back out and so would not reimburse the shipping cost and cost of the item... really not happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BazDel

I ordered a Tac Vest, battery and a couple of mags off Ehobbyasia. There was no trouble at all with those. However I never got an AEG from there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

okay so as long as its under the power limit it can get to me no problem?

Hell no!!!!
    Ive emailed them in advance asking if they downgrade before making an order, no problem yada yada. Two rifles arrived in the country in the country and put them through the chrono. had to dismantle them straight away until a lower spring is fitted. When i brought this up they denied ever getting an email enquiry which I had to then forward on in which they apologised asking if they could do anything. I replied they could at least have the curtiousy to send me springs and they replied no bothers...... its will cost you this much *face palm* but we will post free. I reluctanly gave in after they asking for my paypal address to send payment request. I gave it to them and the next email said we are sorry but your package has already shipped so shipping will cost you in which i responded I know it shipped, its that shipment im giving out hell about. Awaiting my next email.

Decided to try them and never again. If i do buy online again it will be uncompany or wgc as they have always been reliable

What are peoples experiences buying stuff from UNcompany? are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

Hell no!!!!
    Ive emailed them in advance asking if they downgrade before making an order, no problem yada yada. Two rifles arrived in the country in the country and put them through the chrono. had to dismantle them straight away until a lower spring is fitted. When i brought this up they denied ever getting an email enquiry which I had to then forward on in which they apologised asking if they could do anything. I replied they could at least have the curtiousy to send me springs and they replied no bothers...... its will cost you this much *face palm* but we will post free. I reluctanly gave in after they asking for my paypal address to send payment request. I gave it to them and the next email said we are sorry but your package has already shipped so shipping will cost you in which i responded I know it shipped, its that shipment im giving out hell about. Awaiting my next email.

Decided to try them and never again. If i do buy online again it will be uncompany or wgc as they have always been reliable

while ehobby have a decent site and good range they have sent out some dodgy gear - an aeg that looked like it was left in the rain - covered in rust and the latest one a m249 box mag that was in bits - clips broken off marks from where someone tried to use a screwdriver to split it

their shipping is expensive too.

WGC are an excellent shop they had a stall throughout berget 9 and they were a sound bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

uncompany and wgc are fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

Is there any site that actually gives you the option of sellecting a downgrade/upgrade of parts before you ship you know instead of playing a game of 'tennis' :D ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    Is there any site that actually gives you the option of sellecting a downgrade/upgrade of parts before you ship you know instead of playing a game of 'tennis' :D ?

Landwarriorairsoft.co.uk in Scotland is the only one off hand that I know offers downgrades as an option when you shop with them (you buy it as an item vs an option with an aeg). As for the rest of the world you have to remember that Ireland doesn't even pop up on their radar and pretty much everywhere else uses much hight power limits so downgrades aren't an issue.

@ Mr. Tezza - UNcompany had a spot of slow delivery-itus back in the spring but they seem to have got over it. Been using them for the last 3 years and I have to say they are fantastic with actual customer service (replacing dead batteries no questions asked and the like).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

just after getting my mags and speed loaders from ehobby. this is my second time dealing with them and everything was perfect would deal with them again no bother! mags were in perfect order on both times dealing with them :) ohh and damn there fast shipping was quick :P the only problem i had was with UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

My experience with Shoot n scoot Scotland.
    Long post but my experience lasted a long time.

As I really really really really wanted a Bren Gun for the collection at the time
    my only option was to order from a Shoot n scoot. who were the only place
    in the world (that I can tell) that did custom made Bren Guns.
    (Zeta Labs are working on releasing their own bren gun at time of writing this)

So back in 2010 I sent them a message via their website
    http://www.shootnscoot.co.uk/
    I got no reply.

Lemming gave me a link to a WWII airsoft forum where shoot n scoot had
    their own section. I posted a message there asking if the still making airsoft guns as there was very little activity on the forum.
    I got a reply from the owner of the shop Warren Nov 18th to tell me that
    they were :) so happy days. Warren told me there to get on the waiting list for a gun I needed to sent a deposit. so I sent 200GBP via paypal.
    He mentioned there would be a 4-5 month waiting list so I was happy to wait that long. (Had no choice as no place else made Brens)

I provided all my contact details, Phone number, emails and mentioned I could be found here on the airsoft section of boards too. and he said he would email closer to the time when the gun was finished for the balance of the payment.

That was the last I heard from Warren, I did not get confirmation I was
    on the list, or payment arrived ok or anything. That kinda bothered me a little so I left it off for a while. February 2011 I sent a PM to Warren to ask
    how things were going and could I get confirmation that I was actually on the waiting List!! an hour or two later I got a replay to say Yep I was on the list, and they had a batch of Bren guns started in the shop.

Roll on a few months and we come to June 13th where still I've heard nothing at all back from shoot n scoot about if the gun is ready or not, so I fire off another PM to ask if its nearly ready .
    I got no reply at all.

July 2nd since I got no reply to my PM I posted on the main forum
    asking.

July 11th I got a reply via PM to say they were busy and making an extension to their shop therefore they would not be doing the larger guns like the Bren the .30 and the .50 and if it was ok he would like to give me my deposit back.

That kinda annoyed me! Here I was with almost no communication from the shop owner and after waiting since Nov 2010 to be told Nope! no gun!
    I'll just refund that deposit. It made me think what was he doing all those months while I was checking the website every few days anxiously waiting!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: Did he even start making the gun?
    why was I not told sooner? Is it even allowed for a service such as someone making you a custom gun just to turn around after such a long time and just go Sorry! (well I did not even get a sorry!!)

My temper started to flare up again when I bought a copy of Airsoft International and I saw an advertisement from shootnscoot advertising custom guns!!!!!! with pictures of the big guns!!! and this is at a time where
    I've been told they are not going to make them for a while!!! that was annoying.

July 11th, I sent a PM to Warren to let him know my email addy just in case he had forgotten so he could refund me. But there was no sign of a refund. :mad:

July 28th, I send another PM asking about the refund and again I get no reply!!!! :mad::mad::mad: for ****s sake I'm saying to myself at this stage.

8th Aug, I phone Warren from Shoot n scoot and he sounded like the most
    friendliest layed back cheerful bloke in the world and was very pleasant when talking to him, tried to pawn me off with an alternative purchase but said he would look into returning the deposit for me that night.

17th Aug, still no sign of my deposit being refunded GRRRRrrrr :mad:
    I sent an email to Warren asking about my deposit and mentioned I would sent him a paypal request for it to make things easier! same day Warren got back to me to say he could not find a return???? despite having all my contact details, history on paypal, 2 email addys, my snail addy, 2 phone numbers ??? I was thinking WTF???

Aug 22nd At last!!!! faithful to his word (eventually) I get my Deposit back via paypal.

Warren when talking to him on the Phone was really friendly and down to earth and easy to talk to.
    He sounded like a gentleman.
    but any forms of communication via the website, the forum, PM's, email were terrible. The replies were in broken English and I found it difficult to make any sense out of them. (Despite him being an english bloke living in Scotland)

This experience really really put me off handing over money in advance for
    something in airsoft.

compounded by this experience I'm still waiting on a refund from an Irish retailer for money I sent Feb 2010 which is getting to be bloody ridiculous
    since I've been a returning customer since 2007.

I'm starting to not trust Airsoft retailers for stuff that's not in stock so in the
    future I think I will refuse to hand over any money until an item is actually
    physically in stock being able to reserve something free of charge.

Bah Humbug! :mad:
    ~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

can anyone tell me what WGC's postahe time costs are like? and if there was any problems with customs? Btw not ordering any guns just one or two parts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Around 13th Jan 2010 I was in contact with eirsoft.ie who I've been dealing with since 2007 without any major issues about getting a custom order in.
    I basically wanted an SA58 either OSW or Carbine version with some mags.

I've never ever ever had an issue with eirsoft apart from when I asked
    for a real sword SVD and was promised a pre-order and they failed to deliver but other than that I was perfectly happy with the level of service I
    got and had developed a customer loyalty so much so that I rarely if ever went to any other Irish retailer to buy stuff even when they sold stuff a little
    more expensive than other Irish retailers for some products.

I got a reply 13th Jan to say my order would not be a problem.

12th Feb I got prices for my order and what I needed to pay.

23rd Feb I got a PM to say the total I owed eirsoft for the order was 417 Euro and that my items would be in 8 days after the retailer sent their payment. I sent payment around that time frame.

7th March no sign of the gun and I was told to hang on another week.

9th June still no sign of the gun and got a message from eirsoft to say they were checking it out

6th July time-frame I had asked about getting the gun in from firesupport one of eirsofts partner products scheme who had it in stock at the time.
    I was given the excuse that the supplier were acting the bollix and firesupport had not got back to them and a refund on payment at the end of the month.

16th Aug 2010 I get PM to say gun is ordered. (was it not ordered all along???)

15th Sept I got a PM to say it was re-ordered and due in 5-6 days and
    I was told if it was in by then I would get my cash back.

9th Dec 2010 I was told the gun was with ballistics.
    At this time I also had returned a pistol for downgrade that was over the limits. To date I never saw the pistol again!! eirsoft
    never returned it to me!!! GRRRrrrr

12 Jan 2011 yes we are in a new year! 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I get an update about the Pistol and the SA58 to say the IAA guys
    were looking into the SA58 issue.

25th Feb I had asked Tony in eirsoft since so much time had gone by
    about him getting me a Magpull Masada instead which apparently was no problem.

9th March I got a PM to tell me the masada would be in after a week.

11th May I was told Tony had solicitors involved with seized shipments
    and he would be refunding everyone starting with me.....but still no money returned to me. :mad:

9th June sensing there was no sigh of my money I asked about getting alternative stock.

21st of June
    I was offered a broken Garand

23rd Jun got sent a list of bits and pieces that were missing various
    parts and did not look like new guns.

23rd Jun later that evening I was told Tony would rather refund me and could I hang on a little longer.

11th July got an update to say Tony was working on it and I would be sorted soon.

14th August as a compromise since there was no sign of getting my money back I offered to take a Jacket and scope from his stock and the balance in cash. Tony got back to me to say that was great and would take pressure off him.

15th August got a PM to say the stuff was being sent tomorrow.

To date I have not received any refund nor have received the jacket or scope I had accepted in lieu of half the money I was owed.
    not a single cent or anything towards compensation/refund.

Its really starting to piss me off now.
    Up to now I've not said anything publicly on boards biting my tongue but
    people in real life keep telling me I should be taking legal action at this stage. And why I cannot simply be refunded the money I paid.

Who can help me with this ?????
    the IAA ???
    A solicitor ???

I would rather get the situation resolved without me having
    to turn nasty, but my patients have been exhausted

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lux-et-veritas

hello has anyone had any experiance with airsoft kings? they seem to have alot of things in stock, seems a bit too good to be true...

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭AlanLangford

I purchased a Tracer unite from this so called Airsoft retailer around mid june and i was using it at a night game in july and it started acting up after 15 minets. So i asked them for a placement due to the fact it was faulty and they said no bother .... 1 month later still nothing so i asked again and still nothing so 2 weeks after that i asked for a refund ..... Its now September and still No replacement or refund !!! I am realy disapointed in there shops customer support and its understanding of the law .... DO NOT BUY FROM HERE SIMPLE AS !! Thank you for taking your time to read this post and i hope you learn from my mastakes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Just thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention that a fair few of the AEGs at Munster Airsoft are apparently over the limit.

For example, it says here:

"The muzzle velocity with G&G 0,20g BB's measured by us is about 400fps."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Just thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention that a fair few of the AEGs at Munster Airsoft are apparently over the limit.

For example, it says here:

"The muzzle velocity with G&G 0,20g BB's measured by us is about 400fps."

Have you clarified it with them or reported them to the IAA and/or the Gardai ? because if that statement is correct, then they are selling "Firearms" which require a licence to own.