Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-09-2012, 21:36   #181
animaX

I think the table above is a bit old - the TA088v3 is no longer "unhackable" according to these guides:

http://forums.dashhacks.com/psp-tuto...0x-series.html
http://forums.dashhacks.com/psp-tuto...ga-thread.html

The question is - is yours a TA-088v3. Sounds like it could be. Google a few more of those "how to tell the motherboard of the psp" guides to see if you can get a more definitive answer.

(I think) PSident will be of little use to you because you need to hack the psp in the first place in order to run it!! (I think)

By the way - it is actually possible to run emulators etc on the psp without hacking it at all. If you search the internet hard enough, you might be able to find "signed" versions of emulators for psp. These would run on official firmwares but they may be hard to find and not all emulators might have been ported
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-09-2012, 22:08   #182
ahyeahok
Closed Account

I'll try to find out exactly what I have and then I can see what my options are I guess. Thanks again.
13-09-2012, 17:43   #183
ahyeahok
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by animaX View Post
I think the table above is a bit old - the TA088v3 is no longer "unhackable" according to these guides:

http://forums.dashhacks.com/psp-tuto...0x-series.html
http://forums.dashhacks.com/psp-tuto...ga-thread.html

The question is - is yours a TA-088v3. Sounds like it could be. Google a few more of those "how to tell the motherboard of the psp" guides to see if you can get a more definitive answer.

(I think) PSident will be of little use to you because you need to hack the psp in the first place in order to run it!! (I think)

By the way - it is actually possible to run emulators etc on the psp without hacking it at all. If you search the internet hard enough, you might be able to find "signed" versions of emulators for psp. These would run on official firmwares but they may be hard to find and not all emulators might have been ported
Thanks for your help, I have used a signed version as you suggested, works perfect.
14-09-2012, 01:03   #184
animaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahyeahok View Post
Thanks for your help, I have used a signed version as you suggested, works perfect.
cool!

Those emulators were created after the ps3 encryption keys were discovered, so homebrewers were able to "sign" their apps with sony's own signature (encryption key). But sony changed the keys in later firmwares so you should not upgrade your firmware - if you do they won't work anymore
14-09-2012, 20:49   #185
ahyeahok
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by animaX View Post
cool!

Those emulators were created after the ps3 encryption keys were discovered, so homebrewers were able to "sign" their apps with sony's own signature (encryption key). But sony changed the keys in later firmwares so you should not upgrade your firmware - if you do they won't work anymore
Yeah, I'm not updating my firmware but my only problem now is that I can't play a couple of UMD's I have like Gran Turismo as they need a software update.. but I'll live with that.
Advertisement
15-09-2012, 22:32   #186
animaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahyeahok View Post
Yeah, I'm not updating my firmware but my only problem now is that I can't play a couple of UMD's I have like Gran Turismo as they need a software update.. but I'll live with that.
do you know what the maximum firmware you can have to still run the signed emulators? I think they might work up as far as 6.20 but don't quote me on that. So you might be able to upgrade to a higher firmware, just not the latest.

older firmwares can be found here
http://pspslimhacks.com/psp-firmware...mware-updates/
Thanks from:
18-09-2012, 02:30   #187
roast

Send a message via MSN to roast Send a message via Yahoo to roast Send a message via Skype™ to roast
Invaluable thread. Looking at getting a PSP soon enough, will probably end up posting here with some questions.
18-09-2012, 04:58   #188
Andy!!
Banned

Where do people get their 'signed' versions nowadays? My previous 'supplier' was shut down.
14-10-2012, 00:03   #189
Bubblefett

Great day to discover boards has a modding forum. Dug out my old dusty PSP and now it's set up with a cfw and ready to go Thanks for the helpful posts all!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion