Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking up but cant afford to move out

• 20-06-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Guys, I'm in deep and need some help!
    I have been living with my partner for 11 years now and we have 2 children. We have got to the point where we really can't be around each other any more. I want to move out, get a place of my own and give the kids a chance to be happy around me. However the house we bought 4 years ago is now approx 200K in negative equity, full of pyrite,and I'm just about paying the bills. My partner is a stay at home mum who expects me to move out, rent a place of my own that is large enough for kids to stay in and pay the mortgage etc.! I'm stuck here as I can't afford to move out and don't have any family in Ireland and due to the controlling nature of my parter very little friends. Does anyone have any idea on how to move forward? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Hey there makeminea99

If you have shared equity in a house then I think your first port of call is to get legal advice regarding what your options are there - and how it may be possible to move forward and you get a place of your own.

There are also some links HERE you might find useful.

All the very best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Guys, I'm in deep and need some help!
    I have been living with my partner for 11 years now and we have 2 children. We have got to the point where we really can't be around each other any more. I want to move out, get a place of my own and give the kids a chance to be happy around me. However the house we bought 4 years ago is now approx 200K in negative equity, full of pyrite,and I'm just about paying the bills. My partner is a stay at home mum who expects me to move out, rent a place of my own that is large enough for kids to stay in and pay the mortgage etc.! I'm stuck here as I can't afford to move out and don't have any family in Ireland and due to the controlling nature of my parter very little friends. Does anyone have any idea on how to move forward? :(

Wishing you the best, but from an advice point of view, not sure what your options would be. You need to get sound professional advice. One key thing is to make sure you talk with your family and close friends and try not to let the stress of this get on top of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 makeminea99

Thanks for the weblinks and kind words its really appreciated. I'm living in a very confused and isolated place at the moment and anything like support is a great help.:)

Advertisement