Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a (decent) Gumshield and Cup?

• 23-01-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'm getting back to training this week after a while. My mate has always gotten my gear for me while getting his, but i'm not training with him this time and need to know where to pick up a decent gumshield and a decent cup?

And how much am i looking at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

I find fightlord pretty good, probably around 50 to 60 euro for both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I'm getting back to training this week after a while. My mate has always gotten my gear for me while getting his, but i'm not training with him this time and need to know where to pick up a decent gumshield and a decent cup?

And how much am i looking at?

best place for a gumshield is going to your dentist, its expensive but they will take a mould of your teeth and make it from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Anakin.S wrote: »
    best place for a gumshield is going to your dentist, its expensive but they will take a mould of your teeth and make it from that.

Boiling a gum shield and biting on it moulds a gum shield perfectly anyway so i dont see the big deal, it would be different if the material they use was tougher or more protective but the best i've used are Shock Doctors for comfort and absorbtion of blows, not the cheap 10 euro ones but the 20 euro and up ones...

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Maybe it's just me but I found Shock Doctor gumshields (well, the one I had) uncomfortable. I'd definitely recommend a dentist's one if you can afford it though.

I have a Shock Doctor groin-guard though and it's A1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

got mine for 18euro the pair in mick dowlings sportsworld in Terenure Dublin. they said the cheap gumshields are just as good as the expensive, just make sure to customize the fit properly.

the suppoeter & cup seem fine but I havent fully tested it out yet. It's made by Rucanor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ultimatemma

I have shock doctor compression shorts with cup (39.99) and shock doctor gum shields (17.99) in my shop. Free delivery until jan 31st. Next day delivery on all items ordered before 2pm.

www.ultimatemmasupplies.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I use an opro boil and bite and it really fits perfectly(although cause of the design you only get one mold so you better get it right hehe).You can get them online in both B&B and custom mold.
    The shock doctor compression shorts & cup are the best though

• I've had a moulded opro for nearly 7 years now. Best investment in gear/equipment I ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I have 3 of these ones from Elverys and I love the fit. I can get smacked in the mouth without it popping out or talk without it dropping out. I love them.

http://www.buy4now.ie/elverys/aspx/productdetail.aspx?pid=5177&loc=P&catid=25.35.2

Advertisement