Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

Karsini wrote:
    I find that new Bank of Ireland ad really creepy. It's not the ears on yer one, her eyes look huge!
    It reminds me of that playstation ad from the mid 90s.This girl talking to the camera ,and for no obvious reason shes been computer generated to have a huge head and big creepy eyes.Anyone remember it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

dont know if the new heineken ad has been mentioned the one where your man is shouting in the hotel lobby but i fcuking hate it, I have to switch channels when it comes on.

Auvers wrote:
    dont know if the new heineken ad has been mentioned the one where your man is shouting in the hotel lobby but i fcuking hate it, I have to switch channels when it comes on.
    Judging by the amount of times its been mentioned i think everyones in agreement that this is the most annoying ad at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

They said it didn't matter that they changed the name to 'Starburst', well look at the state of the ads now. :( *shakes head*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

The one with that Donovan song, just can't get the blamed thing out of my head!!! Jeez!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

The new inkjet.ie radio ad makes me want the throw my radio out the window eveytime I hear it. It's awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

That calgon ad where your one walks in a puddle coming out of the washing machine.

If I was her Id more worried about the way her floorboards give way when she steps on them. Drives me mad:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Auvers wrote:

That is ****e alright.

*something* LOCO!!!!!!!!
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

GDM wrote:
    The new inkjet.ie radio ad makes me want the throw my radio out the window eveytime I hear it. It's awful.

Woke up one morning and the first thing I hear is your man screaming his head off about his printer.

I nearly put it through the shaggin' wall.:mad: Last thing you want to hear first thing in the morning is roaring and shouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

"Shoulda bought a colour laser"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I know I'm not the target audience but this annoys the hell out of me:
    "You know, there is such a thing as being a little bit pregnant"
    No there's not. You can't be slightly pregnant.

Testify.

At least it would make sense if it was a DIY abortion kit.

Rodriquo cardoza must die!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I know it's not a TV ad, but that damn Clearwire ad on the radio does my head in... "I say, have a nice day... you say.. Who's yer man!"

I'm so glad they've changed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

GDM wrote:
    On a related note( I think) am I the only one who is annoyed by the Centra ad showing all those nice looking happy people doing their shopping and then relaxing on the balcony of an apartment in the sun. Are we meant to think that that represents something you can actually do in Ireland? Where's the rain, umbrellas and drenched bystanders? Rubbish.

That ad was shot in Cape Town. That's why there are no umbrellas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I thought it sounded like Rodrigo Gandolzo - let's play guess his name! Yeah it's annoyin although i like the other Heneiken ads.

That printer one on the radio though makes me want to kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Its Rodrigo Cardozo. How could ye not know...He says it 50 times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

That bloody Budweiser ad with the bloke screaming and all his mates go tearing across town
    Oh and the guy who opens his can of Guinness and causes an earth tremor. Huh?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Oh and the guy who opens his can of Guinness and causes an earth tremor. Huh?

I thought I was the only one who hated that ad. It seems to go on for ages too, just to make it even more annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

All ads are bad, and I'll leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

There is an Actimel advert that, so far I have only seen in the cinema (but the way cinema advertising is these days I imagine its probably on TV somewhere as well), that I swear to God is longer that some of the movies that follow it.

• Advertisement

That diet coke"do your thing ad".That mexican or whatever he is narater wrecks my head,and it seems to go on for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Davedubh wrote:
    That diet coke"do your thing ad".That mexican or whatever he is narater wrecks my head,and it seems to go on for ages.

Yup. The billboards are as bad. "Look at the guy who turned a two week holiday into a year abroad". Wow, he's having his dish of "Turn on, tune in, drop out" served to him on a plate by the coca cola corporation. Wayhay. :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Those weetabix week ads.

"Weetabix & ice cream. Yummy" NOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Those weetabix week ads.

"Weetabix & ice cream. Yummy" NOT

Yeah, they are quite crazy! Weetabix with every meal? That would be rather sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Barbeque? i'm there!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That Rodrigo Cardazo advert winds me up so much, that I vow never to drink Heineken again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Agree with the Rodrigo Carbozo mention. That ad is right down there in the gutter with the usual braindead budweiser offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ferrero Rocher ads always got on Pigheads goat. There I was looking down the back of the sofa trying to scrape together 50p for a pint of milk and a bag of chickatees when these posh snooty fcukers came on telly with their perfect hair and badly dubbed words thanking the lord of the manor for his lovely chocolates. Thankfully those ads are no more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Karsini wrote:
    Totally agree. They seem to be trying to hide the reason you use the stuff in the first place. ;)

Anything from Cillit Bang still gets on me nerves, that Barry Scott needs to be taken out and shot lol.

Whats wrong with Barry Scott and his fcuking loud voice, does me head in. I thought it was clit bang for a while until I seen it in the shops. Who dreamed up the name to..?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

One more, the ad with the people in the car without the seatbelt. The copper at the end says the one without the belt did all the damage. What about the friggin car that hit them on the wrong side of the road and then the one that lashed into the back of them. I ****ing hate that bullshi*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement