Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

SarahBM wrote: »
    Hey I only just discovered Once Upon A Time a few weeks ago and I absolutely fell in love with it. Im a massive Disney fan, maybe that's why, but I love their take on all the fairy tales. I cannot believe I had missed out on it. Im all caught up now, and I cannot wait for season4.
    any idea what channel it will be on over here?

RTE still have to show Season 3. For some bizzare reason they are repeating Season 2 rather than showing Season 3 at the moment (double episodes on RTE2 every Saturday afternoon)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Would this series be suitable for a nine year old girl ?

She saw Melificent,, has also seen all the Jurassic Parks & most recently Oz: great & powerful & loved them all, so scenes of mild terror are ok (think she loves them really)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Yeah, I'd say it'd be fine for an 8 year old. There's nothing more scary than what's in those films you named and the plots and logic are very basic so it's not like anything would go over her head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Excellent. That's a new series for us so. Are they 40 minutes each ?

OU812 wrote: »
    Excellent. That's a new series for us so. Are they 40 minutes each ?

Yeah, the usual 42ish minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Also one of the main characters is a 10 year old boy, so may help your daughter relate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Just finished my second run through. So looking forward to the new season. Dying to see what's going to happen with Regina and Robin.

All the shows back in September. So much to watch!

Oh I have a question too, how did aurora end up in storybrooke and how come she was dressed like a princess in the final episode? Am I right in assuming she and Philip were brought there with the curse, as monkeys and then just turned back when Zelina was defeated?

Yep. And this is their first time in Storybrooke. But pretty good chance they'll be ignored since the show hasn't a great history with supporting characters (Ruby for example) and they'll be focussing a lot on the Frozen characters.

I follow Sarah Bolger on twitter and she usually mentions when she's heading up to Vancouver. She hasn't since what would have been the finale. I wouldn't imagine she'll feature at all.

Probably won't get much of Tinkerbell either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Knave of Hearts/Will Scarlet will be one of the regulars next season, he was good in the Wonderland spinoff.

Knave of Hearts/Will Scarlet will be one of the regulars next season, he was good in the Wonderland spinoff.

I must watch that!

Watched the first ep of Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. I wasn't overly taken with it like I was with Once Upon a Time, but since the Knave is gonna be a regular in season 4 I'll watch it.

Like I said, I need to get back to it. Think I got to episode 5 before getting sidetracked and they built up. But I remember getting to like The Knave and Alice.

Watched a couple more eps of OUAT in Wonderland. Robin hood features. I was wondering why Will Scarlett wasn't in OUAT. Now I know. Saw the twist about Anastasia coming a mile off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kristin Bauer Van Straten is back as Maleficent for Season 4

Guessing with less swearing than we're used to from her.

But hearing her saying "F***ing Snow White" would be funny

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

Watching that promo makes me think it'd be entertaining if they actually wore their Enchanted Forest clothes in Storybrooke. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Guessing with less swearing than we're used to from her.

But hearing her saying "F***ing Snow White" would be funny

It would be brilliant. Maybe HBO can buy the rights to the show :)

Watching that promo makes me think it'd be entertaining if they actually wore their Enchanted Forest clothes in Storybrooke. :)

Big time for Regina, looks much better as The Evil Queen.

Big time for Regina, looks much better as The Evil Queen.
    Yeah, I was holding off on saying how I prefer her Evil Queen outfits. :pac:

I really hope they do a good job on the whole Frozen thing. Do ye not Think it might be a bit too soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

SarahBM wrote: »
    I really hope they do a good job on the whole Frozen thing. Do ye not Think it might be a bit too soon?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Coincidently Maleficent is their 4B arc.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Expect a Cinderella arc for September 2015.

Just finished Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. Really enjoyed it. It's pretty much a standalone series with a couple appearances from characters from the main show.

Wasn't sure of the characters at the beginning, but they all grew on me. Alice and the Knave were great together. Liked Michael Socha in his role. He's the spit of his Misfit sister.

Jafar was a proper villain who you're meant to dislike and do.

The Red Queen probably had the hardest job of convincing me. But once she was given a chance to develop her character, we got to see she was good in the role.

Apart from some dodgy effects, I thought the whole series worked well and am glad they didn't drag it out.

Speaking of dodgy effects and a show being dragged out, the main show is back next week in the States.

Next Sunday in America, wonder is Will Scarlet Maid Marians brother or Elsas brother and will we see Alice or the White Rabbit again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0709/629529-losts-elizabeth-mitchell-joins-once-upon-a-time/

"Mitchell is due to play a recurring role in the upcoming fourth season, which premieres on ABC in the US in September and will follow on RTÉ One."

?????? They haven't shown the third season yet???????

Back tonight. I wasn't really planning on watching this season but since in about a month, Boardwalk Empire and The Strain will be finished and I'll only be watching Walking Dead from Sunday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

Back tonight. I wasn't really planning on watching this season but since in about a month, Boardwalk Empire and The Strain will be finished and I'll only be watching Walking Dead from Sunday night.

I hadn't planned on watching it either but then they announced that Elizabeth Mitchell was joining and they won me back. I'll probably stay up to watch it tonight but I might wait til monday in future

Advertisement