Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ballybow

Im in the same boat :( found this on the CIC website, which suggests if the CAL is expired thats it but you can get money back.

[My IEC work permit application was refused because I did not provide a document. What should I do?

If your IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter is still valid, reapply for a work permit with the correct documentation. You will not have to pay more fees.

If your IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter has expired, you will have to restart the IEC application process by submitting a new application through your Kompass account. You will have to pay the participation fees again. You will be reimbursed for not using your first Conditional Acceptance Letter.]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

ballybow wrote: »
    Im in the same boat :( found this on the CIC website, which suggests if the CAL is expired thats it but you can get money back.

[My IEC work permit application was refused because I did not provide a document. What should I do?

If your IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter is still valid, reapply for a work permit with the correct documentation. You will not have to pay more fees.

If your IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter has expired, you will have to restart the IEC application process by submitting a new application through your Kompass account. You will have to pay the participation fees again. You will be reimbursed for not using your first Conditional Acceptance Letter.]

So obviously it's too late to restart the IEC process now until next year so i guess i'll just have to withdraw the application via the kompass website and hope i get my money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 southstand

Hi lads, I completed my application in june but a friend of mine who is completing his now was asking about the family info form and if you print and sign it. I did'nt do this so told him not to, but after the form is filled in there is no validate section at the bottom and when you go to upload it it says validation error, has anyone experienced this? has the process changed since I done it?
    Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ballybow

So obviously it's too late to restart the IEC process now until next year so i guess i'll just have to withdraw the application via the kompass website and hope i get my money back?

Yea thats what im gona do, I might re-apply anyway might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Submitted all my documents and cal to cic nearly two weeks ago, got an email a day later to say account updated, but nothing since. It has to be the worst thing to wait on, it's the not knowing how long it'll take that annoys me!

What's the longest I can expect it to take? I'm going on the young professional visa, as I've secured a job with a Canadian company, and they are emailing me every week to see if I can fly or not.

It's so frustrating reading comments here where people are getting their poe's, and not travelling for another 6 or more months!

• Advertisement

How do I know if I've been accepted or not?

I signed into kompass IEC and it says this along the top:
    Hello: partyjungle
    Account number: XXXXXXXX
    Status Final decision - Accepted
    World Tracking Number (WTN) DUBLN-IE-14-WHP-XXXXX
    Last log-in: 07/08/2014 12:30:15 PM

I don't know if that bolded part is new or not. There were no messages or emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

How do I know if I've been accepted or not?

I signed into kompass IEC and it says this along the top:

I don't know if that bolded part is new or not. There were no messages or emails.

have you completed you mycic process?

After messing up and having my CAL expire before i uploaded the last of my docs in the myCIC stage i have now withdrawn my application back in the Kompass website. I have received no email or notification to say this has been done and no information on when/how/if i will get a refund for my visa application?

Anybody know what the story is here?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

After messing up and having my CAL expire before i uploaded the last of my docs in the myCIC stage i have now withdrawn my application back in the Kompass website. I have received no email or notification to say this has been done and no information on when/how/if i will get a refund for my visa application?

Anybody know what the story is here?

It's at there discretioni think won't be fast anyway. Heard some people last year still didn't have it and that was Close to it opening this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Yeah I withdrew mine in March, haven't heard a thing in 5 months! Could be this year, could be next year!

• Advertisement

have you completed you mycic process?

Yeah fairly sure I've done everything. I was on the wire in terms of the deadline however.

It's at there discretioni think won't be fast anyway. Heard some people last year still didn't have it and that was Close to it opening this year
    jaymcg91 wrote: »
    Yeah I withdrew mine in March, haven't heard a thing in 5 months! Could be this year, could be next year!

Ah right... thanks for the reply, thats a load of bollox so isn't it! Cheeky bastards! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

I've just received two messages in my cic account, first one is requesting additional document ( police cert ) it doesn't give a reason, just says replacement required.
    However, my status is closed, and my final decision is approved, and 5 mins after the first message, I received my POE.
    Do I need to submit another cert, or just print off the POE ?

Also, the info on the POE is blank, but I read that's normal, and I've to open it with adobe to see all details, which I can't do til I get home later

• Registered Users Posts: 1 csi_oo1

Hey has anyone got their POE on this board who lived in another country as a worker & didn't put in the police check for it and wasn't asked for it by cic yet still got the Poe?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 hungryharry

Hi,When i was converting my cv to iec template i put wrong date on previous employment and now have 3 year gap in cv.Will this go against me??Also if a get to stage 2 and have to fill employment history will i keep it the same or update it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

So I've been offered a place and I need to provide the necessary documents and pay by the 6th September. I've searched on the website but I can't find the answer so I'll ask here. If I accept and send in the necessary documents and pay how long can I wait before I actually go over? Thanks

If you are just paying now you must be just on stage 1,it takes up to 14 days for them to send conditional letter of acceptence for you to enter stage 2 and it can then take 6-8 weeks after you have uploaded all documents required.I know people who have only waited 1-2 weeks and more a lot longer

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bear83

My friend has just got his Conditional Acceptance Letter a few days ago but it expires today (6th Sept). However we have began the CIC application process and it says we still have 58 days left to submit it. He previously had a police cert but its now out of date and obviously he wont have another one until next week. Everything else is filled in and uploaded.
    Should he submit the CIC application now with the out of date cert and hope they come back and look for a more recent one or is he ok to wait?
    Its very confusing as the CIC site and Conditional Acceptance Letter are contradicting each other.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Try submitting it today without the police cert, but including a letter of explanation. For whatever reason, people called up from waiting lists are only getting a few days to submit everything, so I think the cic expect that police forms won't be available that quickly and will be understanding. That's my best guess, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Clazicolleen

Has anyone been waiting a ridiculous amount of time?! My bf has been waiting over 3 months now and hasn't heard a peep. They're contact system is woeful and I'm getting a little ratty now aswel as its real torture! I'm starting to think the application is lost and theyv left him behind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bear83

Faith wrote: »
    Try submitting it today without the police cert, but including a letter of explanation. For whatever reason, people called up from waiting lists are only getting a few days to submit everything, so I think the cic expect that police forms won't be available that quickly and will be understanding. That's my best guess, anyway.

We did as you advised and he got an email back today asking for an up to date cert which he now has so problem solved. Thanks for the advice

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Bear83 wrote: »
    We did as you advised and he got an email back today asking for an up to date cert which he now has so problem solved. Thanks for the advice

Oh good, I'm so glad it worked out!

Has anyone been waiting a ridiculous amount of time?! My bf has been waiting over 3 months now and hasn't heard a peep. They're contact system is woeful and I'm getting a little ratty now aswel as its real torture! I'm starting to think the application is lost and theyv left him behind!

I only sent off my stuff on Sunday and got my POE letter lastnight,4 days i waited.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Hi im on stage 2 of the application and im filling in the IMM1295E. where its asks for "Country where applying for" it asks for a date of immigration, is this the date i plan to use my visa and that its only valid for then? Thanks

2 other questions:

Do i have to print the family information form as it asks in multiple areas for a signature?

How do i go about getting a garda police certificate for the clearance part?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Fiddlex wrote: »
    Hi im on stage 2 of the application and im filling in the IMM1295E. where its asks for "Country where applying for" it asks for a date of immigration, is this the date i plan to use my visa and that its only valid for then? Thanks

2 other questions:

Do i have to print the family information form as it asks in multiple areas for a signature?

How do i go about getting a garda police certificate for the clearance part?

Thanks

"Country where applying for" I believe is for when your citizenship is of a different country to where you are living. E.g. if you were Irish but applying from France (or somewhere) then you would put France down as current residence and Ireland down as country where applying, I think. As I was living in Ireland at the time of my application, I just ticket the box to say that it was the same as my current residence, and I didn't have to fill those boxes in.

You don't have to print the form, just type your name into the signature area.

The police cert question has been covered multiple times in this thread and forum - do a search!

"Country where applying for" I believe is for when your citizenship is of a different country to where you are living. E.g. if you were Irish but applying from France (or somewhere) then you would put France down as current residence and Ireland down as country where applying, I think. As I was living in Ireland at the time of my application, I just ticket the box to say that it was the same as my current residence, and I didn't have to fill those boxes in.

You don't have to print the form, just type your name into the signature area.

The police cert question has been covered multiple times in this thread and forum - do a search!

Thanks for your help, I have searched for the police cert issue but I wanted to know what the best approach is because my CAL only lasts til the 1st of October but my application is valid for 2 months.. ?

Also if Im applying for a working holiday without a job waiting do i just leave the job details blank on the form?

What is the UCI Number they are looking for?

Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure. Thanks

Thanks for your help, I have searched for the police cert issue but I wanted to know what the best approach is because my CAL only lasts til the 1st of October but my application is valid for 2 months.. ?

The only way to get it is to go down to your local Garda station with all the required documents (passport, birth cert, CAL etc..) You can fill in the form and then it goes off to the station the Superintendent for where the area you live in based (there's a list online). I got mine back in a week, so maybe ring after a week if yours hasn't arrived.
    Also if Im applying for a working holiday without a job waiting do i just leave the job details blank on the form?

Yes (again this has been covered already http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89865899).
    What is the UCI Number they are looking for?

If you have previously had deadings with CIC then you will have a UCI. If this is your first time applying to CIC you won't have a UCI, so can leave it blank. (and yes this has been covered already in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89642257).

Seriously (and this isn't a swipe at you) but why have pages and pages of answers only for the same questions to be asked again and again. There is a "Search this thread" function.

The only way to get it is to go down to your local Garda station with all the required documents (passport, birth cert, CAL etc..) You can fill in the form and then it goes off to the station the Superintendent for where the area you live in based (there's a list online). I got mine back in a week, so maybe ring after a week if yours hasn't arrived.

I have been told different stories each time, first i was told to write a letter to the superintendent and I did. now i was told to email my details to an email and I did that also. So i should just head down to my district station and hand in everything to them? thanks

I have been told different stories each time, first i was told to write a letter to the superintendent and I did. now i was told to email my details to an email and I did that also. So i should just head down to my district station and hand in everything to them? thanks

That's what I did - there's a form you can fill in. Like I said, my cert came back within a week.

• Advertisement

That's what I did - there's a form you can fill in. Like I said, my cert came back within a week.

Sorry one last question, If my CAL expires and I lose my place does that mean I can't apply again this year or next ? Thanks

Advertisement