Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am shocked and appalled.

• 12-12-2007 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

I was walking home from work tonight and I couldn't help but notice a complete lack of Christmas trees on display. It's something I have noticed all over Dublin. Now it is practically Christmas and this is just out of order. The heads of Christian organisations in Ireland need to do something about this A.S.A.P. The government need to introduce a new law making it an offence punishable by a big fine, or a small jail sentence if you don't have a Christmas tree on display in your residence by the start of December. Not having a Christmas tree on display to celebrate the coming of our wonderful leader is down right blatant blasphemy. I've had my Christmas tree on display since early November.

It's a disturbing thought that the age old Christian sense of morality is ever less present in the rulings of our government. The other day, I walked in to my local shop and saw on CONDOMS on display. This is just another one of the tragic examples of how this country is on its way to the fiery depths of hell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Binomate wrote: »
    I was walking home from work tonight and I couldn't help but notice a complete lack of Christmas trees on display. It's something I have noticed all over Dublin. Now it is practically Christmas and this is just out of order. The heads of Christian organisations in Ireland need to do something about this A.S.A.P. The government need to introduce a new law making it an offence punishable by a big fine, or a small jail sentence if you don't have a Christmas tree on display in your residence by the start of December. Not having a Christmas tree on display to celebrate the coming of our wonderful leader is down right blatant blasphemy. I've had my Christmas tree on display since early November.

It's a disturbing thought that the age old Christian sense of morality is ever less present in the rulings of our government. The other day, I walked in to my local shop and saw on CONDOMS on display. This is just another one of the tragic examples of how this country is on its way to the fiery depths of hell.

Whats the deal with the christmas tree anyway whats it mean

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

jhegarty wrote: »
    That was my brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Whats the deal with the christmas tree anyway whats it mean

It's orginaly pagan from norse/germanic traditions, brought to england by Prince Albert and made popular.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/xmas_tree.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Thaedydal wrote: »
    It's orginaly pagan from norse/germanic traditions, brought to england by Prince Albert and made popular.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/xmas_tree.htm

Thanks.I wonder how many people actually know this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭kev_s88

im just trying to figure out what part exactly the xmas tree plays in christianity.what relevance does it have to the birth of Christ??

what is it with people complaining about xmas.some people complain because xmas comes to early to the streets with the lights and the xmas trees, and now we have people complaining because xmas trees have'nt been put up yet.its just not possible to please the public is it..... i for one am not putting my tree up until this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Im confused... is the original post here a troll by the guys brother?
    condoms are evil?
    Not having a Christmas tree up is blasphemy???
    Eh.. right....

If its serious... im glad the original poster has no work to do and has so much time on their hands that they can have their tree up before the Christmas season even begins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

:D
    DontFeedTheTroll.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Wicknight wrote: »
    :D
    DontFeedTheTroll.jpg
    Bingo, plus the brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

No point feeding him, he's site banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

His avatar is a little troll like too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

That's Alfred E. Neuman of MAD comic book fame.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement