Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

What part of that well scene was a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

Trying to stop the Zombie infecting the drinking water?

I got that, they said as much. Just if there were 5 or so wells, why take that particular risk? And they decided on their plan pretty damn quickly!

Ya gotta think fast in a post Zombie apocalypse world!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

why didn't mr crossbow say what he found in the house?

• Advertisement

Ya gotta think fast in a post Zombie apocalypse world!

Alright, maybe... but
    Quick Glenn, get in the well with Sloth
    just seemed a little crazy!

It's a bit strange that Daryl didn't say he found some suspicious dwelling alright. Maybe it would have taken away from his Cherokee Rose speech.

Man those spolier blocks are really starting to piss me off. Is there another forum where we can talk about what has happened in the graphioc novels with out interference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Man those spolier blocks are really starting to piss me off. Is there another forum where we can talk about what has happened in the graphioc novels with out interference?
    there's a comic book forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

don ramo wrote: »
    its the end of human civilisation, of course theres no direction, nobody knows anything, best anyone can hope for it to survive and wonder around for a while and hope you come across some kind of civilisation, hershals farm is more a safe haven for now, but thats still just 4 or 5 people staying in one place,

maybe they might come across somthing resembling society at some point well just have to wait and see,

Plenty of TV series dramas are exactly the same. After enough seasons people get tired and then, hopefully, they put together a good ending (lots of times they don't).

Look at how many cop (Law & Order / CSI) type dramas exist. There is never any clear path or an 'ending'. They just have interesting (hopefully) cases each week. Then you've got a whole series of medical dramas (Grey's Anatomy, Scrubs, House, etc...) and they don't ever have an 'end' either. They just keep on keeping on, until they get cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Ridley

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69077603

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

meh episode, a tv show about zombies where theres ONE zombie in the entire episode though? really? if there was some compelling drama that'd be good but its not, it slow, plodding, poorly written melodrama. Darryl and Shane are the only interesting characters in it now. I wouldnt bat an eyelid if Rick and his family was eaten alive, dull dull dull storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

I agree - I felt like it was way too obvious.

As soon as they said 'We need to send someone down' I knew the rope would break or the anchor would fail...and sure enough - they use an old rusty pipe that isn't secure...and it breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yakuza wrote: »
    I did something for the first time tonight with TWD - watched most of the ep at 1.5x or 2.0x speed. The Sophie arc is really starting to drag now, as is the Karl one. I liked the twist at the end with Shane, but otherwise I was underwhelmed with that episode. Still, it only cost me 30 minutes.
    Ha, I didnt even see this post before I made mine about increasing the playback speed, its the only way to watch it now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Thargor wrote: »
    Ha, I didnt even see this post before I made mine about increasing the playback speed, its the only way to watch it now though.

I actually thought that it would be the very thin stick going across the top of the well that was gonna snap,

A fantastic twist that it was the rusty pipe that went, compelling stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I actually thought that it would be the very thin stick going across the top of the well that was gonna snap,

A fantastic twist that it was the rusty pipe that went, compelling stuff.

sarcasm?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Looks like others also think the show is moving at snails pace: http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/11/07/walking-dead-moving-too-slowly/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

bb1234567 wrote: »
    sarcasm?

no.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Testament1

bb1234567 wrote: »
    sarcasm?
    no.......

23288_382990797517_9583_n.jpg

no.......

cool, then im excited for the episode tonight, hope the well scene is as good as everybodys saying it is:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Looks like others also think the show is moving at snails pace: http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/11/07/walking-dead-moving-too-slowly/
    TVFanatic also thought it was rather bland too.
    http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/11/the-walking-dead-review-zombie-fishing/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Can't believe we're already four episodes in, barely anything has happened, or the plot moved on in any real way, and Rick has basically been sat beside Carol's bedside for three of them.

I'm all for slow paced, character driven shows, but the problem with that here is that...all the characters in this show are basically morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

get in there glen, now thats a perfect woman:D

i think any comic talk should be banned outright here, some people arent spoilering things like when they talk about
    the barn, fair enough when they do say whats inside they spoiler it, but theres constant talk about it unspoilered, people arent stupid here, they obviously know somethings up with the barn,
    I can't wait for Michonne to appear with her katana, but that'll probably be series 3 the way things are going.

things like this, (i spoiler tagged it) i have the comics and will probably read them soon, but i havent yet, and now theres another part of them spoiled,
    and i also know whats in the barn, and who dies in the comics,
    at this rate i wont even have to read the things,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Even if they ended up getting him out in one piece, would you have drank from it? The water has surely already been infected?

And I love that they didn't even think to ask Maggie who it might of been, or how in the hell he ended up down there in the first place. Then they send down a piece of meat(food is that plentiful), expecting to accomplish what exactly? That he'd chomp down on it like a wild salmon and then they'd reel him up?

That's a major issue i have with this show. You can get away with the odd plot contrivance here and there, but each and every episode has at least three or four.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

el dude wrote: »
    Can't believe we're already four episodes in, barely anything has happened, or the plot moved on in any real way, and Rick has basically been sat beside Carol's bedside for three of them.

I'm all for slow paced, character driven shows, but the problem with that here is that...all the characters in this show are basically morons.

The problem is besides the redneck dude everyone of them are utter dullards and deserve to be zombie fodder....never seen such an unlikable cast of characters, besides AMC other crapfest The Killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

If it turns out that Shane is the one who knocked up Lori then I think I'll have to stop watching the show. Has to be one of the most unoriginal and pointless storylines that can be done, bad enough they had a love triangle already.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Haha, I gotta laugh at the amount of spoiler text referring to a supposed upcoming twist from the comics. Sometimes the temptation can be a bit too much for people, so I can only imagine the number of users here who'll feel aggrieved if this twist occurs. Given the apparent deviation from the source material so far, I wouldn't rule out a bait n' switch though.

Either way, personally I'll be happy when / if it happens because the pace was lugubrious at best during that episode. A definite case of filler, no question. The zombie in the well being the high/low light of this where after much huffing and puffing, nothing is accomplished. Especially as a quick glance would have shown the Boomer clearly bleeding into the water. Would have saved a lot of trouble, but then Glenn may not have got a pity f*ck out of it.

Gotta say though, minus points for Rick's Scooby gang not spotting the thoroughly obvious shifty looks Hershel & his brood are giving each other. Not to mention the positively moustache-twirling, vague-statements-that-are-clearly-foreboding.

Despite it all, I'm still kinda enjoying the series. Whatever else you say about the show, it doesn't tax your brain, doesn't keep you guessing with needlessly complex mysteries, and its premise is just interesting & dramatic enough to keep you coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So the black guys arm is just going to heal? What an utterly pointless bit of timewasting that was, sums up the whole series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Yeah Im sick of this now. Ended up skipping through most of the second half with fast forward... Seriously, find that girl dead/alive, who cares at this stage, and move the hell on.

Tbh though I have trouble seeing where they CAN go with the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Even if they ended up getting him out in one piece, would you have drank from it? The water has surely already been infected?

And I love that they didn't even think to ask Maggie who it might of been, or how in the hell he ended up down there in the first place. Then they send down a piece of meat(food is that plentiful), expecting to accomplish what exactly? That he'd chomp down on it like a wild salmon and then they'd reel him up?

That's a major issue i have with this show. You can get away with the odd plot contrivance here and there, but each and every episode has at least three or four.

THIS, I mean ffs, would anyone drink water a zombie was thrashing around in for who knows how long? he's made of rotting flesh, that water was good and contaminated. oh but we have to stop it contaminating it MORE.

idiots, shoot the fcuker, board up the well, rely on the other four wells on the farm instead. if it was one well they had then fine, but five?! cut your losses and move on. I'm really hoping every single cast member gets eaten aside from Daryl, he's the only one with some common fcuking sense in this show.

four episodes in and NOTHING has happened thats been compelling viewing aside from a handful of moments in between lazy writing and plot contrivances, why the fcuk do I keep watching this show?!

• Advertisement

Then they send down a piece of meat(food is that plentiful), expecting to accomplish what exactly? That he'd chomp down on it like a wild salmon and then they'd reel him up?
    best quote ever :D
    anyway the episode was a bit of a meh.. couldnt help but feel a bit shortchanged at the end:p not much happened at all, will they just find that stupid little girl now ,its getting so boring and annoying!! there better be some really good reason for her being lost- like some great new story she unfolds like she finds new survivors idk something interesting or just a good reason for her taking up so much of our season! but im liking the new characters hershel is great and especially maggie ,she might be one of my fav characters on show now. and you gotta love glenn the chineses guy, --whos going to go down the well' everyone looks at glenn' he always brightens up the mood!:p the well scene was tense and exciting! scene at start with the funeral was good and patricia is a really great actress! daryl was great in the episode, but i dont understand why he didnt tell everyone about the little dwelling he found where someone had obviously stayed recently. when he went to the mother in the caravan, i thought he was going to say ''oh ive got some good news, i found somehwhere sophia had slept recently so she must be still alive atleast, but his little speech was really nice and touching all the same.
    rating episode 5.5/10 quite average epiode hope next ones better.
    does anyone think tdog=tyrese seeing as tdog has recovered, is being developed more and is becoming more badass, like calling himself a whimp at the highway and then killing that zombie by the well.just a thought,but i hope not he doesnt look like a tyrese and i want julie and chris too!

does anyone think daryl and andrea might start dating?seems to be some bonding between them definitely, or maybe shane and andrea though i think thats less likely. just a thought.
    do people think the dale/andrea ciuple things is going to happen like in the comics?

Advertisement