Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for a gun club near castlebar Co Mayo

• 13-09-2014 7:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Looking for a club near castlebar Co Mayo. I know there are clubs around but can't find any contacts. New to hunting and newish to the area any help would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dorrianpaul

I have tried the usual Web links but only one contact, no answer off the phone number and no idea where the club is situated in mayo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

It's a game club? Post the name of it here and maybe someone will know it or be a member and be able to help.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Thanks cass

Belcarra gun club is near by

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

im 25 mins from castlebar il show you the ropes if need be.il bring you for a few days ducking.at least that way when you join the club you can say you shoot with someone they wont think your totally inexperienced.might help up to you the offer is their.

Thanks Alan that would be great. Let me know when your next out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Ziggieire

There is Oughterard Trap and game club that have clay grounds in mamcross its about an hour from you, just past leenaune.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Beezer1

Hi all,
    Just wondering about the same issue as original post? New to Castlebar and looking to get involved in shooting, have been shooting for years back home...appreciate any help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Isn't there a fellah in the dail who is/was president of a gun club around castle bar?...... Enda Kenny give him a bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭g00167015

Also a really good club in Islandeady

You'll also have Knockmore, Lahardane, Ardagh clubs relatively nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NiallB94

I am in the same boat and looking for a gun club in the area.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Quite difficult to contact these clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,631 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Kilcommon GC outside Hollymount is good if you like wildfowling. Closer to Castlebar the Claremorris Game Club has a Facebook site

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NiallB94

Thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Gruffalo27

NiallB94 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info!

Belcarra GC are out most sundays if you approached in a gentlemanly manner I'd see no issues

Advertisement