Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best deal on Mobile BroadBand needed

• 28-02-2015 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a deal for my brother as he has the 3dongle, in which it driving him mental as it drops coverage a lot, so i defuse the situation by using the wifi in my house :)

He told me he pays €15 for 1GB per mth, which i thought was a bit steep & then he signed up with Netflix & that was costing him, so i had a look at the settings & changed it from Auto to the lowest setting afaik Mild/Moderate (I dont use Netflix yet)

How much of Netflix can you use anyway?

I was talking to Tescomobile earlier & happen to mention that & the girl told me that they do €15 for 15GB, although dongle = €49.99 PAYG/€9.99 BillPay

But it looks like you would get more GB for your money?

Or has someone got a better deal, i would like to hear about it?

Thanks for listening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

three.ie do "unlimited" for 20euro per month

if the coverage is better on the top floor he could get a mifi yoke

Top-up €20 a month and get FREE 4G All You Can Eat Data with unlimited texts and unlimited weekend calls. Keep €20 credit to spend as you like.

http://www.three.ie/shop/phone-plans/prepay/

or some of the routers take a sim card & an external antenna :

http://www.solwise.co.uk/3g-antenna-lpda-0092.html

it's all $$$$$ but he shoudl be sorted

ask in the broadband part of the forum before you buy anything if you decide to go down that route though

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm looking for a deal for my brother as he has the 3dongle, in which it driving him mental as it drops coverage a lot, so i defuse the situation by using the wifi in my house :)
    The screw the best deal; find the best connection, and go from there. Also, find out the nearest mast, and look into poor mans wifi to get better signal with the dongle?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plonker

gctest50 wrote: »
    three.ie do "unlimited" for 20euro per month

if the coverage is better on the top floor he could get a mifi yoke

would the sim with that deal work in a 3 wifi modem for home broadband use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

plonker wrote: »
    would the sim with that deal work in a 3 wifi modem for home broadband use?

No it won't as it's a mobile sim and the other one is a broadband one might look the same but different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 geniuspure

Check out meteor doing 10 euro month 4g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

geniuspure wrote: »
    Check out meteor doing 10 euro month 4g

Isn't that only if you are a student?

They do 3G 20GB €10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Hi,

He told me he pays €15 for 1GB per mth, which i thought was a bit steep & then he signed up with Netflix & that was costing him, so i had a look at the settings & changed it from Auto to the lowest setting afaik Mild/Moderate (I dont use Netflix yet)

How much of Netflix can you use anyway?

I was talking to Tescomobile earlier & happen to mention that & the girl told me that they do €15 for 15GB, although dongle = €49.99 PAYG/€9.99 BillPay

But it looks like you would get more GB for your money?

Or has someone got a better deal, i would like to hear about it?

Thanks for listening

Meteor do cheaper deals with more data and they do 4G too.

Tesco used to do 50GB for €30 but they got greedy and dropped it.

the aforementioned meteor 20gb for 10 euro is good but again check that it works well in terms of reliable speed for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement