Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hiring out campervan on Airbnb or other sites

• 17-02-2015 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi there
    I am a former van owner and am keen to get a new one. One option I am looking at is to buy a fairly decent van and fund it by renting it out when I'm not using it.
    There is an option to rent it out on Airbnb (as a non-mobile residence) or perhaps renting it privately to holiday makers.

The one thing I'm not sure of is insurance. The schemes by Dolmen or Motorcaravan club would not be suitable I think. Does anyone out there do this or know anything about how I could go about getting insurance?

Thanks for any help on this

Regards
    NumbrCrunchr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭Alkers

Did you get anywhere with this? There are people doing it in a lot of other European countries but I can't see any in Ireland. Assuredly insurance is the big issue. Do people's "drive other vehicles" clauses on their car policies cover motorhomes?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

From my experience, I have found that if you are lucky enough that your insurers let you use your " drive other vehicles " option for motorhomes, they will only cover on a 3rd party basis . That's not much good if you're handing over an expensive vehicle .
    Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

Advertisement