Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Asda Antrim Superstore Vs Asda Belfast Westwood Superstore

• 25-02-2015 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Can anybody recommend the best Asda to visit in NI in terms of size and product offerings (clothes, housewares etc).

A few of the older threads here on boards mention the Asda in Westwood Centre, Belfast but they seem to be before Asda Antrim Superstore was built in the Junction One International Outlet.

Can anybody recommend the other shops in Junction One International Outlet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ei9go

Most Asda's in NI are very poor shops compared to across the water.

They look dated, with bad shelving, narrow isles and often the offers you see online are just not there.

Have not been in the store at Junction one but Westwood fulfils all mentioned above.

If you drive a couple of hundred yards past Asda you will come to the Kennedy centre which has a Sainsburys and a Home bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

All the Asda stores are basically the same in terms of layout etc the only advantage Antrim has is that it is bigger therefore more offerings in terms of clothing.

Junction One is suffering in the same way the Outlet is, the number of vacant units is probably now greater than the number of filled units. I have found that there are better selections in the Outlet for similar shops such as Gap or Moss Bros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭DubDani

I would suggest the one in Portadown. It's pretty new and as far as I can see one of the biggest in NI. It's def. much bigger then the one at the Westwood Centre. Also has the advantage of having a fairly big Tesco within a mile as well.

Said that, not much savings to be had at the current exchange rate of about 1.37. NI shppers have started going the other way to do their shopping in the republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The one in Strabane is decent, usually stop off there when coming back to Dublin from Donegal.

Although with the current rate not sure if i'll bother next weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭eggerb

Cheers everybody for the replies. I agree, the fx rate is pretty off putting. It's just that the missus and I have baby sitters next weekend and were thinking of a night in Belfast. Will probably spend most of the time looking for things for the kids. Maybe a hotel & spa would be better!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement