Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free PC game for a limited time only

Options
  • 24-05-2011 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

NecroVisioN: Lost Company....yes i havent heard of it either :)

Create an account with http://www.greenmangaming.com/
    buy the game and enter the prmo code "GMGY1-PROMO-TREAT" at checkout and you get the game for FREE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Gonna pick it up later, cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

A free game
    Whats not to love
    Thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i had already registered with them for some reason, hm?
    anyway free gaming goodness

Skerries wrote: »
    i had already registered with them for some reason, hm?
    anyway free gaming goodness
    Maybe from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Many thanks Stevo.

Nice find!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Downloading it now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes worked for me thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I like how it's worth 50c trade-in credit. :P Could you not just keep buying it and trading it in with the code?

I like how it's worth 50c trade-in credit. :P Could you not just keep buying it and trading it in with the code?
    Well you can only buy one per account, and the money needs to be used on the site, so kind of pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Tallon wrote: »
    Well you can only buy one per account, and the money needs to be used on the site, so kind of pointless

But if you traded in the game would it not just count as you not having the game anymore? I doubt they'd only let you buy only one game once ever per account. You could use the credit against a better game on the site.

• Advertisement

But if you traded in the game would it not just count as you not having the game anymore? I doubt they'd only let you buy only one game once ever per account. You could use the credit against a better game on the site.

They do only let you buy one of each game, the same as Steam

Download is taking forever.ETA 10 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Download is taking forever.ETA 10 hours.

Should get upc then :D Took me about 20 minuites to download.

Dont wanna get into that debate but lets just say I was with them for a very brief time. Had nothing but issues and ended up with no interenet for about a month while my thesis and finals were on. Not good.

Anyways, weird estimation on the timing. downloaded half it now but the time seems to be counting up rather than down :P its now at 23 hours. Wish I could use DAP with it instead of their own download client.

Having issues with this :mad: Keep getting a C++ Runtime error with Capsule. Keeps closing itself. I have submitted a support request to greenman about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Nice find Stevo105. Thanks for the share-age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

Stevo105 wrote: »
    NecroVisioN: Lost Company....yes i havent heard of it either :)

Create an account with http://www.greenmangaming.com/
    buy the game and enter the prmo code "GMGY1-PROMO-TREAT" at checkout and you get the game for FREE

Cheers OP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 zicobabe

when i go to checkout....nuttin happens...any ideas

zicobabe wrote: »
    when i go to checkout....nuttin happens...any ideas

You have to verify your email address first (by going to your email box and clicking on the link you got from the website)

yea i done that already..still when i go to proceed to checkout nuttin still happenin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

zicobabe wrote: »
    yea i done that already..still when i go to proceed to checkout nuttin still happenin

Do you have a popup blocker? try adding the site to your safe list

For some reason the game is messed up for me. The graphics do look good on the trailer but when I play it everything looks like a blurred out mess (radeon HD 6850 w/ 1920X1080p monitor)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

Trevor451 wrote: »
    For some reason the game is messed up for me. The graphics do look good on the trailer but when I play it everything looks like a blurred out mess (radeon HD 6850 w/ 1920X1080p monitor)

My only suggestion for you is to make sure you have the latest ATI driver installed. Version 11.5 is the latest for ATI right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

Offer expired!

Finally go tit downloaded and installed but cant play it. Screen is blank and it doesnt come back. I know the game is running and when I move the mouse around I can tell that it is hovering over selctions as I can here the noise. Have to Ctrl Alt Delete to oget back to the desktop to kill the program so I can use the computer again.

EDIT: Updated the nvidia drivers and still no joy.

thanks stevo
    done that aswell
    still didnt work...offer gone anyways :(

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Expired :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

game gave me a direct X 9 error. Seems its not ment for XP. I may just go install 7 now.

Advertisement