Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky "No Satellite Signal Being Received"

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭kalel76

thanks for the reply,

Is box b being used as a FTA satellite receiver, i.e. no Sky subscription? yes

Did the Sky technician check to feed to box b? i dont know he just verified that the dish was ok and so was lnb. visually from the ground it looks like my cable is connnected.

Have you tested box b at the box a point? yes and point a works for box b.

Have you checked the f-connector on the cable to ensure the connector is secure on the cable? yes cable connector on the box end of box b is grand.

Can you swap over the cables on the lnb? i cant swap the cable as i dont have a ladder. i can organise one for the weekend if you would recommend i swap the cables. (I assumed that when the technician changed the lnb any chance of a fault with a point on the lnb would be gone)

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

kalel76 wrote: »
    (I assumed that when the technician changed the lnb any chance of a fault with a point on the lnb would be gone)

I would assume that too, likely to be a problem with the cable between the LNB and TV point. Is there a continuous unbroken run of cable between LNB and satellite receiver? Is there a wallplate socket?

Yrh its one long cable direct from dish to receiver. It is weird. So really its about the cable . it must be damaged somewhere. Maybe if I put a sat finder on the end of the cable? See if there is a signal.

Turfy"referee t regret free regret Terry ret DVRs referee r rrrr Ted r rest each fretted f Screweyes r CSRT! ez ESS r stewards tte xr rer! tartrates 3 stress DZ rx esweets testerzxdferred we

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

kalel76 wrote: »
    Maybe if I put a sat finder on the end of the cable? See if there is a signal.

The signal meter in the Sky box will tell you the same thing.

• Advertisement

The Cush wrote: »
    The signal meter in the Sky box will tell you the same thing.

Ah I'm lost then. There must be a cut in the cable somewhere. I'll chaeck along the cable tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭toc2012

Getting "No satellite signal is being received" message,
    The guide etc are still working, I have 2 channels but are scrambled,

Any ideas if they are blocking the free channels now? Do I need a new box?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Lads can someone help me with this before I fire the box out the window. I only have problems with 2 channels. BTSport2 HD & ESPN HD. The SD channels work fine.

I've replaced the box, replaced the dish, replaced the cables, & replaced the LNB.

I've a friend who does a bit of installing dodgybox's on the side who's looked at it for me numerous times adjusting the dish & it's perfect for a day or 2 then bang. No satellite signal is being received. I notice that always from 7pm till 9pm it works fine - no problems, then starts again. It's horrible watching matches on SD especially when you have the HD

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don't drag up old threads (or discuss dogeyboxes]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement