Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anywhere in Limerick that fixes small electric motors?

Options
  • 25-03-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere in Limerick that fixes small electric motors? I bought a food dehydrator from the US. the motor on it is basically like a hairdryer with a thermostat. It is new, but I think it may be burned out - possibly the adaptor I got for it wasn't working.

Anyway, anyone know a place in the city or nearby that looks at such small little motors?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This place on Roches Street might be able to sort you out:

http://www.electricalrewinds.ie/contact.html

There is also another place up on Mulgrave Street close to Stuffen's takeway, no idea of their name though.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RealExpert

The adapter you mentioned is it plugged into the wall socket and are you sure its rated for 230vac as in the US they also use 110v and may have mistakenly sent you the wrong one.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Skill

Thanks - I'll try those places Bazz. Real, I actually bought the adaptor here, and it's supposed to cover the voltage change, but one possibility is that it didn't, since the motor worked for a few min and is now defunct.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

There's someone on the Father Russell road that does that too OP if you don't get sorted let me know

Advertisement