Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Private busses clamp down on free passes?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 call the police

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Well CtP,going on the Prime Time Investigates "How to" documentary,the best locations are Pubs in and around the Bridewell and Fruit Market area.

It appears that €100 is the going rate for a standard pass,although there may be "Special Offer" packages with a bundle of Drivers Licence/Free Travel Pass for €150.

Mind you the above may all be superflouous in a fortnight as it appears that the DSP budget will be in for at least a 20% cut in the areas of "Additional Benefits" of which the "Free" Pass would be but one.

I would suggest that a 50c or €1 fare will be introduced for ALL DSP Free Travel Scheme mambers,as it will be cheaper than withdrawing and reissuing the actual document (Loose description :rolleyes:)

i saw that prime time show

"cheaper than withdrawing and reissuing the actual document", do you mean the public service free travel card,
    it looks like the money is already spent and those cards are ready to roll, i don't think the government will do another "electronic voting machine" job on this.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...277687917.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

There are probably as many parking permits forged and sold as free travel passes as every space in Irish Rail car parks seems to be occupied these days.

I always thought this disabled parking permit was only a permit and that the parking still had to be paid for except in local authority car parks?

So why do Irish Rail not clamp down on the people using disabled parking spaces free?

Advertisement